Any way to not get confirmation?

soccer9miahamm

Hi~
I am surprising my family with a trip to WDW, so is there any way that I can not receive the mailed confirmation just on the off-chance that someone would get the mail before me? Thanks!

JPVonDrake

soccer9miahamm said:
Hi~
I am surprising my family with a trip to WDW, so is there any way that I can not receive the mailed confirmation just on the off-chance that someone would get the mail before me? Thanks!

When you book your reservation, you can request it be a suprise reservation. Be sure to ask BEFORE you even give any dates or even your name and address. There are certain steps we need to take to ensure no documentation is sent but it can be done.

Enjoy your Vacation! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

X12345

I'm surprising my family xmas morning with a trip 4 days later. I booked in June. So far, so good. But it has been a little painful. I first had it booked to my home, but specified in the beginning this was a surprise and I wanted NO documentation sent to my home of any sort. Well, that didn't work. Luckily I was at home alone for 2 months this summer so it didn't ruin the suprise. First, the confirmation was sent to my house. So I called and firmly but professionally instructed them to stop this. They did take care of it. Next, I was sent a purple envelope with some maps and other correspondence regarding the vacation. I again called and firmly but professionally explained I wanted nothing sent to my address. They decided to cancel the ressie and rebook it to my office address. I don't think I have received another confirmation to the home address assoicated with my credit card, but I would suggest that you make sure that they do not send a confirmation to that address if you don't want one sent to it when you make a payment. In fact, I would change the credit card mailing address to your work just to be safe. Everything has been coming to my office since then.

For the second part of my story. My wife has an account at walt disney world.com where you can view your ressies, book them, etc. Since the first ressie was to my home address and the address in her profile is our home address, the reservation showed up! You would think that since I cancelled this one, and booked to a different address that the active reservation would not show up. Not the case. They two must be linked somehow because if she logs into that account it shows up. Both the cancelled one and the active one. I have tried emailing websupport and talking to the reservation center, but it was no use. I was told once it's imported to that account there is no way to remove it. They told me to just change the password on that account and not tell her. Ha! like that wouldn't throw up red flags.

Anyway, she hasn't found out yet, so it's all good.

Have fun on your vacation!

Upvote 0

dflye

JPVonDrake said:
When you book your reservation, you can request it be a suprise reservation. Be sure to ask BEFORE you even give any dates or even your name and address. There are certain steps we need to take to ensure no documentation is sent but it can be done.
Most definitely make sure you do it before you get off the original phone call!

I'm arranging a surprise trip to the 50th at the original DL, and booked the whole shebang through the Disney web site, not thinking about the fact that they'd be sending a ton of stuff my way! :eek:

I booked the trip late on a Saturday night, so I was pretty sure they wouldn't send out the meat of the info until late the following Monday at the earliest, so I called up and made sure to put in a shipping address different from the home/billing address.

That worked great for the tickets and whatnot (which were delivered to my office address with no problem), but the confirmation was printed and slapped into an envelope apparently a few seconds after I was off the phone! :eek:

Luckily, I was home before the wife and snagged the mail the day the confirmation arrived! :D

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey all!!! Another option is to book through Kingdom Konsultants. The information will come to our offices first and we can hold onto everything or re-direct it to an alternate address for you!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom