Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

allgiggles

Disney Travel Agents on a different message board are confirming that as of this afternoon the TA website is listing Test Track as being closed beginning April 16th with a reopening date TBD.

erasure fan1

if anything with the information they give being so weak I would predict it being more of a refurb with a re-branding rather than a re-imagining.

New queue thematics and set up premise, but I don't think much in the ride will really change all too much.

At least there is hope that the things will work and or look really sharp again.

I agree. I just dont think we will see some crazy overhaul of the attraction. The theme will change and maybe a couple effects but overall it will be just a re-skinning of the original. Not that its a bad thing, I would settle for fixing all the effects and maybe updating a couple just to make the ride feel new again.

Annielkd

Yes, everyone except Disney is posting it's closed. Their employees know... the travel agencies, all surrounding areas... but, it's still not posted on operational updates.

disnyfan89

Yes, everyone except Disney is posting it's closed. Their employees know... the travel agencies, all surrounding areas... but, it's still not posted on operational updates.
Disney posted it was closing back in January. You really don't listen much do you! :rolleyes:

bethymouse

Thanks DXer

Wow! I live 45 min. away from Baltimore and that is some serious stuff! I do find it very interesting that these MAJOR newspapers have this closing of TT info, yet Disney hasn't officially published it on their website:mad: I do not like the "late fall" reopening "undetermined" date business either!:mad:

invader

Wow! I live 45 min. away from Baltimore and that is some serious stuff! I do find it very interesting that these MAJOR newspapers have this closing of TT info, yet Disney hasn't officially published it on their website:mad: I do not like the "late fall" reopening "undetermined" date business either!:mad:

The Disney Parks Blog (Official) has reported the whole renovation but hasn't given any dates. The announced April, and most likely re-opening in September.
Hopefully this doesn't put a damper on your vacation!

~ Confirmed, or not confirmed? That is the question! ~
FD

disnyfan89

ON THEIR CALENDAR FOR OPERATIONAL UPDATES.. I might not "listen" but I can read. Why don't you try to JOIN ME with that skill.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::

Boo whoooo Disney is such an evil bad company who wants nothing more to upset and ruin your life because for whatever reason the lackies back in the offices in celebration who have hardly ever stepped into the parks haven't got a date to post on their website about test track closing. Meanwhile the individuals who work at Epcot, work in marketing, work for the disney parks blog and countless other sources and are far, FAR MORE RELIABLE than the Disney Website have confirmed for you the closing of this one E-ticket and yet it STILL IS NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU!

You have done nothing but whine and complain and argue deafly to others on this thread about how Disney has not posted this information on their constantly unreliable, outdated, misinformed website.

GET OVER IT! Disney is NOT and prob WILL NOT post this information on their website until after the attraction closes IF EVER AT ALL!

Has it maybe occurred to you that maybe, JUST MAYBE, the reason why they haven't posted the attraction downtime on the website is because their is a set system or programming requirement of information that they need to enable to post this information that they do not currently know or have access to.

Perhaps maybe it is not the lack of a start date that has prevented Disney from posting this information but perhaps instead GM or Chevy doesn't want that information posted.

There are THOUSANDS of reasons Disney is withholding this information and not posting it on your beloved "operational updates". HOWEVER, Disney has posted elsewhere in other highly publicize locations that this redo of test track is happening.

You have no power here! Begone, before somebody drops a house on you, too! :wave:

Annielkd

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::

Boo whoooo Disney is such an evil bad company who wants nothing more to upset and ruin your life because for whatever reason the lackies back in the offices in celebration who have hardly ever stepped into the parks haven't got a date to post on their website about test track closing. Meanwhile the individuals who work at Epcot, work in marketing, work for the disney parks blog and countless other sources and are far, FAR MORE RELIABLE than the Disney Website have confirmed for you the closing of this one E-ticket and yet it STILL IS NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU!

You have done nothing but whine and complain and argue deafly to others on this thread about how Disney has not posted this information on their constantly unreliable, outdated, misinformed website.

GET OVER IT! Disney is NOT and prob WILL NOT post this information on their website until after the attraction closes IF EVER AT ALL!

Has it maybe occurred to you that maybe, JUST MAYBE, the reason why they haven't posted the attraction downtime on the website is because their is a set system or programming requirement of information that they need to enable to post this information that they do not currently know or have access to.

Perhaps maybe it is not the lack of a start date that has prevented Disney from posting this information but perhaps instead GM or Chevy doesn't want that information posted.

There are THOUSANDS of reasons Disney is withholding this information and not posting it on your beloved "operational updates". HOWEVER, Disney has posted elsewhere in other highly publicize locations that this redo of test track is happening.

You have no power here! Begone, before somebody drops a house on you, too! :wave:

Wow... you really are in love with yourself. Do you even know that the tread for this site is? I can point out when I want that Disney isn't posting this on it's operational updates. That's a fact. I'm not the one complaining or being nasty. That falls to you. Do you go around berating everyone... you must be one lonely person.

Annielkd

What's wrong with you

On second thought... something must be seriously wrong with you to be so nasty. There is NOTHING wrong with pointing out that they haven't listed it. I can say whatever I want about that. What gives you the right to go around being so nasty. That's a horrible thing to say (calling me a witch) and a horrible attitude (talking so nasty about someone for discussing something) I NEVER personally attacked you. You started being by offensive... and frankly your comment was.

disnyfan89

Wow... you really are in love with yourself. Do you even know that the tread for this site is? I can point out when I want that Disney isn't posting this on it's operational updates. That's a fact. I'm not the one complaining or being nasty. That falls to you. Do you go around berating everyone... you must be one lonely person.

If by everyone you mean you sweet cheeks :kiss:

On second thought... something must be seriously wrong with you to be so nasty. There is NOTHING wrong with pointing out that they haven't listed it. I can say whatever I want about that. What gives you the right to go around being so nasty. That's a horrible thing to say (calling me a witch) and a horrible attitude (talking so nasty about someone for discussing something) I NEVER personally attacked you. You started being by offensive... and frankly your comment was.

I completely agree, and you've certainly posted a number of times that they haven't updated their operational calendar.

Because I got desperate to find out this answer, I had my husband call his boss's sister, who also said it's closing on Monday. I guess if you know someone you can ask them. This will be my last post in here... I wish you all a nice time! Thanks for listening.

Sad people hardly live up to their word... :D

By using the same tech as they already have in place for Cyber Space Mountain. And as for the lines, they will likely have all of that at the end of the re-imagined ride itself. You ride the ride and where they currently have the exit spot they can place the "build your own ride".

That's exactly how I imagine it. The 2 times I've been to Disney Quest, I've done Cyber Space Mountain as soon as the attraction opens to avoid any lines. It gets really backed up later on. There are what, 6 load stations at TT currently? Or is it 4? Either way, they can only have (say) 6 families or groups of 6 design their "sim car" at one time ... which leads to another issue. If they're still using the physical cars, how do you get mixed parties to agree on the same "track"? What about single riders? Will TT lose the single riders option? The more I think about it, and the more I try to apply logic through the marriage of current "design your own ride" attractions and Test Track as it is now, the more confused I become as to how they plan to pull this all off. What if ... they get rid of the track itself. The whole interior of TT becomes a giant Sum of All Thrills ... with the current cars, renamed "Sim Cars", facing screens to take you on your chosen track? Done this way, they could potentially have dozens of stations to help increase capacity. Of course, of all this is just me rambling as I try to make sense of how exactly they're going to do what they currently promise they're doing. I hope I'm completely wrong, because interacting with screens is a future I don't want to see in Future World any more than what already exists.

aladdin2007

That's exactly how I imagine it. The 2 times I've been to Disney Quest, I've done Cyber Space Mountain as soon as the attraction opens to avoid any lines. It gets really backed up later on. There are what, 6 load stations at TT currently? Or is it 4? Either way, they can only have (say) 6 families or groups of 6 design their "sim car" at one time ... which leads to another issue. If they're still using the physical cars, how do you get mixed parties to agree on the same "track"? What about single riders? Will TT lose the single riders option? The more I think about it, and the more I try to apply logic through the marriage of current "design your own ride" attractions and Test Track as it is now, the more confused I become as to how they plan to pull this all off. What if ... they get rid of the track itself. The whole interior of TT becomes a giant Sum of All Thrills ... with the current cars, renamed "Sim Cars", facing screens to take you on your chosen track? Done this way, they could potentially have dozens of stations to help increase capacity. Of course, of all this is just me rambling as I try to make sense of how exactly they're going to do what they currently promise they're doing. I hope I'm completely wrong, because interacting with screens is a future I don't want to see in Future World any more than what already exists.[/QUOTE]

This!!! totally agree, nor do I want to see it happen in its a small world like it was rumored to be.

ps: sorry all, the quote function has not been working for me...

Tom Morrow

That's exactly how I imagine it. The 2 times I've been to Disney Quest, I've done Cyber Space Mountain as soon as the attraction opens to avoid any lines. It gets really backed up later on. There are what, 6 load stations at TT currently? Or is it 4? Either way, they can only have (say) 6 families or groups of 6 design their "sim car" at one time ... which leads to another issue. If they're still using the physical cars, how do you get mixed parties to agree on the same "track"? What about single riders? Will TT lose the single riders option? The more I think about it, and the more I try to apply logic through the marriage of current "design your own ride" attractions and Test Track as it is now, the more confused I become as to how they plan to pull this all off. What if ... they get rid of the track itself. The whole interior of TT becomes a giant Sum of All Thrills ... with the current cars, renamed "Sim Cars", facing screens to take you on your chosen track? Done this way, they could potentially have dozens of stations to help increase capacity. Of course, of all this is just me rambling as I try to make sense of how exactly they're going to do what they currently promise they're doing. I hope I'm completely wrong, because interacting with screens is a future I don't want to see in Future World any more than what already exists.
legitimate concerns, but I believe that its been established that the actual "track" is not changing and you will still experience the high speed loop outside.

disnyfan89

I believe the current theory is that the elements you are designing wont physically impact the look and or track you take during the ride. The design your own vehicle aspect will come into play more in the post-show after the ride than in the actual ride.

Insiders seem to have hint heavily through out the thread very little of the ride is changing except a few thematic elements and maybe a show scene or two. Most work will be done updating the queue and post show area. The two areas who need it most IMHO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom