Any update on the TTC parking lot expansion?

dgp602

Photo update as of Wednesday, Nov 4. The northern half of the old raceway has been or is currently being paved. The southern half is being graded for a large expanse of grass sod, which was being installed ovr the last several days. A rainwater retention pond is also located on the southern half of the area. Note the new parking light towers.

View attachment 117790

View attachment 117791

This drainage swell runs along the newly paved area. Grass sod is being installed in the drainage area.

View attachment 117792

There were several trucks delivering grass sod today.

View attachment 117796

In the below photo, the foreground is newly paved parking surface. The background is the southern half of the old raceway, which is now a large field of grass.

View attachment 117793

New item. The existing Magic Kingdom handicap parking area (closest to the Ticket and Transportation Center tram tunnel) is being resurfaced and parking stripes were being repainted today.

View attachment 117794
I have to say, I am surprised at the speed in which this was completed..!!

cjkeating

That's been my thought on it ever since I saw how quickly they demoed the thing.

Wow! I think this is the fastest I have seen Disney work on anything (in recent years anyhow)!

I suppose they don't want the fuss of closing the MK lot and using Epcot over the holidays, especially with the additional gate capacity the park has with NFL and the completed Hub.

Creathir

I have to say, I am surprised at the speed in which this was completed..!!

Remember they can work on this with almost zero impact on guests, so working in the middle of the day everyday (or at least Monday - Friday) allows for quick progress.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Remember they can work on this with almost zero impact on guests, so working in the middle of the day everyday (or at least Monday - Friday) allows for quick progress.

This is going fast even compared to the new AK parking lot. That one started around June 3rd but didn't open until October, and that was built in a empty field that required no demolition.

ABQ

Yep this has to be complete by the holiday season where the last few years has seen capacity closings due to TTC limits and not MK limits.
Here's a question, will this not just create a massive bottleneck at the TTC? Is the one extra ferry enough to handle the volume of passengers in the cars from this new lot? I just envision a mob waiting by the dock or the ramp to the monorail. Never mind the mob waiting across the lake once they all land.

Figment2005

Here's a question, will this not just create a massive bottleneck at the TTC? Is the one extra ferry enough to handle the volume of passengers in the cars from this new lot? I just envision a mob waiting by the dock or the ramp to the monorail. Never mind the mob waiting across the lake once they all land.
With all three transportation methods (Monorail, Ferry, and Busses) throughput is not a problem. It normally happens in waves when the parking trams let out. Easily in excess of 10k per hour.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Got a couple of quick shots saturday. The parking expansion jist seems to keep going and going. It's quite enormous really. Most of the drains are in and they are grading gravel now. ( didn't get photos of the graded areas due to traffic) We should start seeing paving in the near future. I'd say in the next 2 weeks or so. View attachment 115545View attachment 115546

Looks like Monorail Expansion to me.

Sonconato

I know this won't make any sense but nor does WDW's decision on the tiered AP to reduce crowds. IMO, they HAD to increase parking capacity quickly to accommodate those lower tiered passholders that now have parking included. Those who had those passes will now come more often since parking is free and those that didn't have passes will now purchase those passes because the parking is included. Now that there is more parking available, the crowds in the parks will reduce, right?:confused::confused::confused:…at least this is my interpretation of WDW's logic, not mine.

cspencer96

I know this won't make any sense but nor does WDW's decision on the tiered AP to reduce crowds. IMO, they HAD to increase parking capacity quickly to accommodate those lower tiered passholders that now have parking included. Those who had those passes will now come more often since parking is free and those that didn't have passes will now purchase those passes because the parking is included. Now that there is more parking available, the crowds in the parks will reduce, right?:confused::confused::confused:…at least this is my interpretation of WDW's logic, not mine.
...or the MK and Resort's needs have simply outgrown the TTC in its current capacity and configuration, necessitating this expansion and the other major infrastructure changes to come to the area.

Unplugged

...or the MK and Resort's needs have simply outgrown the TTC in its current capacity and configuration, necessitating this expansion and the other major infrastructure changes to come to the area.
I Completely agree with that. They have this massive sprawling parking lot that requires trams to then get to a boat or monorail to then get to the resort. Insane!

(2) wide 3 floor garages would be fairly low profile, and provide all the parking of the existing lots. Creative design on the Poly side with a bit'o'landscaping and they could do 4 levels to gain spaces and still not make any significant impact from MK. They can even alter the monorail express beams on that side to provide a station at each garage, eliminating the need for trams.

[Edit] Tap your MagicBand and you can board the monorail. Other wise you can buy tickets at a kiosk or CM staffed windows for the park(s). Curious how many people could then stream line their entry for boarding direct to MK. Could justify an additional train during busy times as their would be additional stations and direct capacity management.

FigmentsFangirl

Parked in one of the new lots today, the hero was Mulan at the time. It always happens too, once we park, they start driecting the traffic closer to the park to the empty spots up closer..... grrr

Oh well, we parked in the new lot today, NICE AND CLEAN AND NEW SMELL!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom