Any Universal Orlando employees here?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Bryce is funny as all hell. I had him and Kenny in my orientation ages ago.

The Ioasis has everything, just like the USF grill

Dizneydude87

mkt said:
Bryce is funny as all hell. I had him and Kenny in my orientation ages ago.

The Ioasis has everything, just like the USF grill

Man... that was really quick :).

Yeah, he had us all laughing so hard. Oh, one more thing, does it take a while to walk from wardrobe to JP in
IOA? I don't want to take the shuttle thing, but I think I might need to everyday. I am worried about being late, seeing as how it's so big back there.
And last but not least... they put me down for a seasonal emp... when summer is over, can I switch to part time, or work weekends... and if I cant, can I still use bennefits? I don't want to leave after summer, but me being a minor, do I have to? I'll be 18 in March and be out of school.

Legacy

IOasis is too expensive. I prefer the grill.

I had Kenny and the red-head... Rob she in Ship of Screams. You know her...

Take the shuttle to JP. I've walked it. It's rough. Actually I just walked it from SoundStage 20 and it was rough. You will use that shuttle, believe me.

Bryce is frickin' awesome. So nice. I had a blast working with him during HHN.

And glad to here that the scheduling worked out... kinda...

You will be able to become part-time at the end of the summer. If not, just take a couple weeks off and you will be back for HHN.

AndyP

Whats the UO Management Intern scheme like? What sort of position does it put you in? In charge of attractions and such?

Whats the pay at UO like these days for normal workers and managers if you know?
I'm interested in coming to Florida to work for a while you see, but I don't know if I'd be able to afford to live.

Pixie Duster

The internship is typically reserved for students at UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management. It is a Duty Manager role of one half of the park. If any situation happens: guest injury, guest issue, etc. that needs a manager's attention the intern comes running :). The pay, well, I know it's silly, but I have been groomed by Disney not to discuss such things and it is hard for me to break out of that. It is your typical, just above minimum wage for our frontline team members and management is pretty competitive, it's slightly above the pay of a teacher I would say.

Tom Morrow

Wow, ancient thread!

Working at Disney is more "special" and "magical" if you're a Disney and theme park nerd. It offers much more opportunity to make "magic" for guests, as they say, and do special things.

BUT

You get treated far, FAR better at Universal. Anyone who has worked at Disney has endless horror stories from Disney's sometimes cartoonishly evil leadership.

raven

Wow, ancient thread!

Working at Disney is more "special" and "magical" if you're a Disney and theme park nerd. It offers much more opportunity to make "magic" for guests, as they say, and do special things.

BUT

You get treated far, FAR better at Universal. Anyone who has worked at Disney has endless horror stories from Disney's sometimes cartoonishly evil leadership.
I've worked for both and Universal, by far, is the better employer. They treat everyone fairly, actually work around your school or other work schedules, and let you choose (to an extent) what area you want to work in. Also their employee discount from your first hire date is the amount that Disney CMs get after 3 years of employment.

Sara Goltsch

So I have a question:

I applied for a job at Universal Studios in Orlando, FL and I got a response back saying that I was not able to be considered for the job because I do not live in/near Orlando. It says nowhere on the job posting about them looking for people who live in the area of Orlando.

Has anyone else had this happen before? Is there a way for me to be considered even though I don’t live in Orlando? I am willing and able to move to Orlando in a matter of a day or two if need be for this job. I live in New Jersey but will relocate. I have family that lives in Florida and considered putting their address on the application as mine to maybe get me farther in the hiring process. Any suggestions? Helpful tips?

Frees Fan

So I have a question:

I applied for a job at Universal Studios in Orlando, FL and I got a response back saying that I was not able to be considered for the job because I do not live in/near Orlando. It says nowhere on the job posting about them looking for people who live in the area of Orlando.

Has anyone else had this happen before? Is there a way for me to be considered even though I don’t live in Orlando? I am willing and able to move to Orlando in a matter of a day or two if need be for this job. I live in New Jersey but will relocate. I have family that lives in Florida and considered putting their address on the application as mine to maybe get me farther in the hiring process. Any suggestions? Helpful tips?
I replied to your other thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom