Any Truth To Renewal Of Scandanavia Pavillion plan??

I have my doubts. Norway dropped the sponsorship almost 10 years ago - I don't think Disney would only just now make changes to pavilion because of that.

Also, what a dropped sponsorship ultimately means for Disney is an increased financial responsibility for the pavilion - that more of the costs of the pavilion falls on them. The easiest way to take care of this new financial obligation would be to simply leave it in the same form as it was given to them - creaky AAs, outdated films and all.

What they likely wouldn't want to do would be to retheme the entire pavilion to represent a new myriad of countries, when there is no incentive to do so and when the current pavilion is still perfectly popular. As long as the dropped sponsorship doesn't run Disney into legal problems (and as far as I know, Norwegian culture is in the public domain), then it makes far more monetary sense to keep the pavilion as is then to make radical changes to it.

Was it Disney that added the princesses to Akershus for this very reason? It sure is one of the busiest restaurants and a lack of revenue when it was run by Norway would certainly spur Disney to add some reason to want to visit this pavillion.
The boat ride could be sooooo much better by simply having the people in the boats face forward when supposedly going over the falls. This might be a bit tricky to do without starting out facing backwards, unless they make it out like your going to be rowing.

Choodles

Thats great and all, its needed, but it should stay intact as Norway and not be a regional thing, that takes away from the individuality. Not to mention in a way it would be like kicking Norway in the back and saying were booting you out for the most part. It just wouldnt look good.

The already have a regional pavilion the United Kingdom.

Choodles

Very true, but thats a little different as it opened that way from the beginning. Norway has always been a showcase for Norway.

Agreed and I'd much rather have the seven open plots used foes a new country. Now that Australua is dead in DAK Ill take that.

Also these

1. Australia
2. Argentina
3. Israel
4. Russia
5. Greece
6. One of the Carribiean nations
7. Amsterdam

castlecake2.0

The already have a regional pavilion the United Kingdom.

The United Kingdom is one country with different jurisdictions within it, just like Canada is one country with different provinces and territories in it, I dont think I would label that a regional pavillion as compared to a Scandanavian showcase.

aladdin2007

Agreed and I'd much rather have the seven open plots used foes a new country. Now that Australua is dead in DAK Ill take that.

Also these

1. Australia
2. Argentina
3. Israel
4. Russia
5. Greece
7. Amsterdam

Dont forget Spain :wave:

WildcatDen

I was thinking it would be cool to add West Virginny and have a Dark Ride based on Deliverance, "Daddy - why is that man squeling like a pig??"

Not really sure how a "Road Kill Cafe" would go over. . .

Pot calling the kettle black. . .

We did the Norway breakfast a few years back. Most expensive bowl of Rice Crispies I have ever paid for. Still, my girls loved it! As a whole, Norway is a family favorite.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Yes I think Disney is missing the boat by not having a full Ireland pavilion, it would/could be a massive draw.

I may be biased being living in Ireland but an Irish Pavillion seems a no brainer!

Rich History
Huge Musical Influence
Many Landmarks
A very popular country in the US with ALOT of people living in the US with Irish Blood

If Disney allows Lego to sponsor the redo then it will happen. Why allow lego? Well why allow lego at downtown disney? The other wild rumor that has been floating is that we could see an the ghost vikings they are putting into the Mystic Manor attraction for Hong Kong into the Maelstrom attraction.

MrMorrowTom

Also these

1. Australia
2. Argentina
3. Israel
4. Russia
5. Greece
7. Amsterdam

Greece with the riots and economical downfall and everything. I'm kidding with that if anyone takes offense. Greece would be cool having the Parthenon and everything.

Amsterdam would be cool but to many European countries.
I bet a country/emirate Dubai would be interesting.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Today from Epcot Encyclopedia:

We have been informed that representatives of Norway’s liberal party, in particular party leader Trine Skei Grande, will bring questions about further sponsorship of the Norway pavilion before the Norwegian Parliament within the next few weeks. At that point the government bodies involved are required to respond within a defined timeline with a final answer on the subject – whether the country is interested in pursuing a relationship with the pavilion (and if so, how) or if it will choose to abandon it entirely.

At that point we (and Disney) will know definitively if the country of Norway will continue to be involved at all with the Epcot pavilion going forward. More details as they become available.

NoChesterHester

The other wild rumor that has been floating is that we could see an the ghost vikings they are putting into the Mystic Manor attraction for Hong Kong into the Maelstrom attraction.

This would be cool. Too bad the show building is too small to make it a more expansive ride.

The queue of Malstrom... pure late 80'sthat gold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom