Any tips for celebrating a girls birthday at Disney?

Antjeanne

Original Poster
Hi, I'm new here and i think this place is great!
We are taking my 7 year old daughter to Disney for her 8 th birthday. we usually stay at Port Orleans Riverside, this time we are trying Coranado Springs.
We are doing lunch in the Castle and we ordered a cake. Any idea if the Princesses are involved with the cake?
We were told to get a button that says its her birthday.
Does anyone have any ideas that will make her Birthday the best one she has ever had? Until next year of course.:p

Thanks for your time.
Ant

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
The best things that I would suggest are first, make sure at check in you inform the CM that the trip is for your daughters birthday, and what day that is (there may be some surprises and a phone call for her on her day). If you make dinner reservations, also mention that it is her birthday...again, even if it is not on the same day. Some places make more of a fuss than others (so no promises)

Over the course of your stay...not just her birth DAY, stop at guest relations (in each park) and ask for a birthday pin at each park you visit. If you don't know where that is, just ask any CM. I don't want to give any specifics, because what can happen is highly variable, but I can guarantee you that she will receive special attention for her whole week.

Characters in particular love birthdays, so with her button, I'm sure she will get extra attention

You may also want to consider making an appointment for her at the Bibbidy Bobbity Botique in DTD for a special makeover:

The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique salon transforms little girls into Disney princesses with hairstyling, make-up, and manicures with the help of a "Fairy Godmother-in-Training." The Fairy Godmother herself "owns" the new Boutique, which offers a menu of salon services designed to pamper princesses age 3 and up. Package options and prices include:

-- Coach Package: Includes hair style and shimmering makeup -- $35 plus tax.
-- Crown Package: Includes hair style, shimmering makeup and nails -- $45 plus tax.
-- Castle Package: Includes the Crown Package plus an imaging package (one 6x8-inch photo and four 4x6-inch photos in a Princess-themed photo holder). Also includes a complete child-size costume with accessories -- starting at $175 plus tax.

Each package comes with a sash, and there are three different hair style options from which to choose: the Fairytale Princess, the Disney Diva and the Pop Princess.

The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique now also offers a boys' experience
(info courtesy of allearsnet.com)

Have a great time, I'm sure it is something she will remember for a very long time.

MicheleK

We were there for my daughters 8th birthday too. We had breakfast in the castle and she got her birthday button from the parks and we got to ride in the front of the monorail! What a birthday she had! The princesses did make a "fuss" over her in the castle, as well as almost all the CM's everywhere. At RnR (which was her first ride) they made the whole que sing happy birthday to her. They did that on several rides. She must have been sang to at least 25+ times that day. It's certainly a day I will never forget. I hope she remembers it as she gets older. We try to talk about it often as to keep the memories fresh in her mind.

I hope your daughters experience is as wonderful as this one was to us! :wave:

PhilharMagician

My 7 year old daughter went nuts over the Tea Party at the Grand Floridian. It was absolutely amazing. It is pricey, but for a birthday or a one time thing it is great. Here is some info on it from Allearsnet.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grand Floridian's Garden View Lounge[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa has become permanent. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your little girl can dress up and have a special tea party with Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty. The tea party is hosted by "Rose Petal" a magical rose from Aurora's garden, who will lead sing-alongs, storytelling and a princess parade. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In addition to the tea party, princess cake and meet and great with Aurora, each guest from 3-11 will receive "My Disney Girl" collectable doll plus accessories; a tiara, Princess link bracelet, princess scrapbook page and a "Best Friend" certificate. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If a little boy wishes to attend, they will receive a teddy bear and princely crown instead of the doll and tiara![/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Adults receive a selection of hot tea and a luncheon plate with small sandwiches, cheese briquettes, lavosh crackers and fruit.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Children receive juice and a luncheon plate with fruit, small sandwiches and heart-shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.allearsnet.com/upd.gif$225 includes gratuity (but not tax) for one adult and one child ages 3-11. Additional adult guest (12 and older) is $75 plus tax and an additional child is $135 plus tax. Refunds available if you cancel more than 72 hours from the date of your event.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Book up to 180 days in advance. Your credit card will be charged by WDW prior to the event. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 10:30am - Noon. Arrive 15 minutes prior to check-in.[/FONT]

If you are looking for something much less expensive, then try the Family Magic Tour at the Magic Kingdom. This great value for the money. My DD got to ride IASW sitting next to Peter Pan and still talks about it today. Here is some info again from Allearsnet.com.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FAMILY MAGIC TOUR[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Magic Kingdom[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A tour the whole family can enjoy is offered at the Magic Kingdom. Family Magic Tour takes you on a one-of-a-kind interactive tour through Main St, Liberty Square, Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. During the 2 hours, you are taken through the park's themed lands in search of clues (like a treasure hunt). [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Offered daily at 10 a.m.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Disney Family Magic Tour is open to everyone. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$27 for adults and children (plus tax) AND Magic Kingdom Park Admission. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SPECIAL NOTE: - The Special Character at the end of the tour does vary.[/FONT]​

I hope she has a wonderful birthday.:wave:

Irene

Hi we took our son to Disney World for his 22nd b-day this year. Every park we went to the days before we had got b-day pins with out him knowing it. And the night before I picked up the b-day hat. We went to Magic Kingdom that day he had a ball he wore the hat all day. The CMs were great he had a few sing happy b-day to him as we walked throught the parks. So i'm sure what ever you plan for her b-day it will be special and something she will remember. Heres one more idea give her a throw away camera that morning so she can make her onw very special memories. :wave:

MouseMadness

The best things that I would suggest are first, make sure at check in you inform the CM that the trip is for your daughters birthday, and what day that is (there may be some surprises and a phone call for her on her day). If you make dinner reservations, also mention that it is her birthday...again, even if it is not on the same day. Some places make more of a fuss than others (so no promises)

Over the course of your stay...not just her birth DAY, stop at guest relations (in each park) and ask for a birthday pin at each park you visit. If you don't know where that is, just ask any CM. I don't want to give any specifics, because what can happen is highly variable, but I can guarantee you that she will receive special attention for her whole week.

Characters in particular love birthdays, so with her button, I'm sure she will get extra attention

You may also want to consider making an appointment for her at the Bibbidy Bobbity Botique in DTD for a special makeover:

(info courtesy of allearsnet.com)

Have a great time, I'm sure it is something she will remember for a very long time.

Pfft, amateur... I went and got the pictures MYSELF! :lookaroun

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=81303

:lol: Shoot! I just realized somebody else had asked about prices for the cruise. I'll look all that up now. :eek:

Antjeanne

Original Poster
We are going Aug 26th to Sept 2nd. We are staying at Coronado. Her Uncle is getting her a makeover at Bippity bobbide boutique. We are doing a lunch at the Castle with a cake. She is going on a Pirate cruise. plus a bunch of character breakfasts and Dinners. Im still trying to decide what to do as something special from Mom And Dad. She did the My princess girl tea party in Feb on our last visit. I just cant find that special thing that will be amazing. Of course bringing her to Disney for her Birthday is special and she is going nuts counting the days.
Ant

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom