Any strange Disney rituals?

wiigirl

I start watching non stop Disney movies. :p
75.gif

JIMINYCR

Disney music is played at some time during the day. I go into my Disney room and gaze at the various memorabilia on the walls, on shelves, on the floor and think about past trips. I drag out the pin books and flip through the pages to look at what I have and what I want to add to. I open up the computer file that has photos of past trips and remember all the good times at all the parks and resorts. I grab a Disney book off the book shelves and flip it open to read about Disney. Yeah just a few of the things other than being on here.

EvilQueen-T

my sister and i always wear a matching mickey shirt, we've been doing it since 1972 so whose to break tradition now right? oh, and does insomnia the night before we leave count? i can take 10 trips in a year (we live 2.5 hrs away so sometimes we do single days down and back not just 2-7 day stays) and it doesn't make a difference...i get excited and don't sleep....but this grandma can still go go go in the parks rope drop til the end of emh lol.

NX2I85

I usually squeeze some Disney music into each day. I love driving around while listening to Promising Tomorrows, Spectromagic, or Wishes. My kids and I have this little game we play while people watching: We listen to old BGM from Toontown and watch as people walk by or do random things in parking lots and other common areas. It can get pretty funny.

I couldn't help but notice over the years that Indian women seemed to have a tradition of breast feeding on a bench outside of Minnies house in toon town. It seriously was always on the exact same bench and I've seen multiple women doing it over the years. Now with both Minnies house and that bench gone, I wonder where their new spot is?

Spikerdink

I wear a Disney watch every day. Mostly Winnie...but a few Mickey ones thrown in for fun.

On a related note, it bums me out that I can't get a new (different) Winnie watch every year...Disney has really cut back on their merchandise.....grrrrrrr.....

Dad 2 M & M

This site is where I get my Disney fix. I have, however, been checking disneyworld.disney.go daily to see when the extend the December park hours. I do this even though I know it probably won't happen until November. Wednesday it was posted (on this site) that the hours were extended for November and December, but the week we are there didn't seem to change.

EvilQueen-T

I wear a Disney watch every day. Mostly Winnie...but a few Mickey ones thrown in for fun.

On a related note, it bums me out that I can't get a new (different) Winnie watch every year...Disney has really cut back on their merchandise.....grrrrrrr.....

i sneak in disney the same way...i have about half a dozen disney watches and totally agree about the changes in merchandise. everything is more streamlined so it seems like all the same items are in each store. i miss finding really unique items as you went to different shops.

Sharired

Original Poster
i sneak in disney the same way...i have about half a dozen disney watches and totally agree about the changes in merchandise. everything is more streamlined so it seems like all the same items are in each store. i miss finding really unique items as you went to different shops.
Speaking of Disney watches...Groupon has an online deal for Disney watches. $15 each.

VDisneyFan18

I can promise that if we are at home, you will hear Disney background music streaming at all times. Disney screen savers, wallpapers, phone theme, ringtone, alerts are all constants. Also, our goal is to always have our next trip booked.
yeah we do...because i live in that house too. I HAVE THRE BEST TEXT TONE!! the ending star tours chimes :)

Sharired

Original Poster
How do I go about seeing/using that offer?
Go to groupon.com. You will have to give your email. Then, at the top they have "featured deal, all deals, getaways" and so on. Go to "goods" and Disney Watches is listed as one of the online deals. It looks like they are running that deal for 2 more days. I use Groupon all the time and love it!

Mickey92

I love this site and go on here pretty much daily! :D Sometimes before I go to bed I have watched Illuminations and Fantasmic :) I want to do this more though! :D Also I listen to Tonnes and Tonnes of Disney Music! :D

DTunes Radio is also a big fix for me! :D

Mrs.Toad

Rituals....many.

MK - When I enter the park on my first day we walk into Main Street and head for the rr to take a circle tour of the park. We land back in MK, stroll slowly down Main Street, make a left at CP, and then walk over the Bridge to Adventureland. We work clockwise and hit each land and do favorites first. Other MK jaunts are less planned out after that. And we never hit MK the night we arrivve. Then It is POTC and later IASW. It is always the morning of our first full day.

No idea why we do this. We just do.

Epcot. No plan for FW. But we always tend to gravitate towards Mexico first and work it from there. When I stay at Yacht or Beach, we enter through the IG and hit Canada and Uk and work that way, bypassing France until later. We always get a drink at R&C to go so we can leisurely stroll throught the countries and shops.

DHS - Oh, no my routine is going to change....We hit Sid's first! It really hits home we are in DHS and I usually spot a little something and buy it on the way out. We walk down HB going willy nilly into the shops. Back on the street I enjoy the loop as I walk. We head to Echo Lake and the Tune-In Lounge. We take a drink to go and sit on the benches and take in DHS. Reservations were already made for lunch at either 50's or Sci-Fi. We then take in GMR or go see Muppetvision. SB is another slow walk-down taking in sights. I always do Tower and then RRC.

For some reason this is just what we do. Did it for years before we took note that it might be a routine or ritual...lol!

ginadee

I plan each outfit based on the park we're going to-ie red shirt to MK (red for Mickey), green shirt to AK (animals and plants), black shirt to HS (glamor), and yellow or blue to Epcot (worlds). Each color represents to me something I affiliate to Disney.
OMG, I do somewhat of the same thing. I also have a perfume (Happy by Clinique) that I had a free sample of so wore it on one of my first Disney trips. Months later I pulled it out and smelled it and immediately it was Disney. So now I wear that perfume on Disney trips only. Any time I want a smell of Disney I just get it out and take a whiff.

PrincessAlice89

Whenever I need to get my Disney fix (and cant find anyway to get in the parks) my boyfriend and i watch our Disney trip planning DVD and read out Birnbaum's guide. It always makes me smile, because when i was younger I taught my baby brother to read using an old Birnbaum's guide!

real mad hatter

I couldn't help but notice over the years that Indian women seemed to have a tradition of breast feeding on a bench outside of Minnies house in toon town. It seriously was always on the exact same bench and I've seen multiple women doing it over the years. Now with both Minnies house and that bench gone, I wonder where their new spot is?
Theres a great big beautiful tomorrow ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom