Any rumors or general "feeling" about Sept'09 free dining?

gettingsmaller

Original Poster
Is the free dining promotion that you were offered resort dependent, that is you would get the quick service dining package for value and moderate resort categories and the regular dining package for deluxe resorts? This would influence my decision when April comes along.

Exactly. Our family of 5 pretty much has to stay at PORS. Given the economy, etc., I'd be tempted if I got the TS+QS+Snack dining, but the QS-only dining would likely mean that we stay home or choose another vacation spot this year...

chicagochris

Is the free dining promotion that you were offered resort dependent, that is you would get the quick service dining package for value and moderate resort categories and the regular dining package for deluxe resorts? This would influence my decision when April comes along.

I received [and booked] this same offer, and it was for the basic dining plan, regardless of the resort.

NewfieFan

I booked the bounce-back offer for this August and I got the regular dining plan (and I'm staying in a value resort). So the bounce-back offer wasn't resort dependent on what dining plan you got!

fosse76

I booked the bounce-back offer for this August and I got the regular dining plan (and I'm staying in a value resort). So the bounce-back offer wasn't resort dependent on what dining plan you got!

I don't understand where people are getting this resort-dependant dining plan. I know they offered it for our British friends last year, but they have never done that for U.S. travelers, so why do people keep asking about it.

Another thing that I find interesting is an article I read...can't remember where...that said Disney should be careful with the frequency of its discounts. Free dining was a ploy to lure more people into the parks in the slower season, but now it's an expectation that they offer it, which makes it harder for them to no longer offer it for fear of WDW1974's labelling them as walmarting again. I think it was an article regarding investing...because they mention that Disney would be wise to stop offering the 7 for 4 deal or people will start expecting it frequently and wait to book during those discount times...knowing they will have it...and devalueing the stock.

Brian_WDW74

No, it's not. I booked my stay at Pop Century and am getting the regular dining plan. :)

NewfieFan

I don't understand where people are getting this resort-dependant dining plan. I know they offered it for our British friends last year, but they have never done that for U.S. travelers, so why do people keep asking about it.

Another thing that I find interesting is an article I read...can't remember where...that said Disney should be careful with the frequency of its discounts. Free dining was a ploy to lure more people into the parks in the slower season, but now it's an expectation that they offer it, which makes it harder for them to no longer offer it for fear of WDW1974's labelling them as walmarting again. I think it was an article regarding investing...because they mention that Disney would be wise to stop offering the 7 for 4 deal or people will start expecting it frequently and wait to book during those discount times...knowing they will have it...and devalueing the stock.

I wasn't asking about it... the posters above were talking about it and I just let them know that the bounce-back offer included the "regular" DP even though I am staying at a value!

Well, as long as Sept. is a slow season they're going to have to offer something! I don't think you'll see the people without it!?!

GrumpyFan

So, for those being offered free dining for this year, is it the Quick Service Dining plan (2 CS meals + 2 snacks + refillable mug), or is it the Standard Dining Plan (1 CS + 1TS + 1 snack)?

I thought I heard that the packages being offered so far were for the Quick Service Dining plan. Can somebody confirm?

TURKEY

Ok. Here's what's been going on.

For the pins and bounceback offers of free dining, it's the regular free dining (1 CS + 1 TS + 1 snack).

For the UK guests that booked last year (2008) for this year (August - Oct 2009), they received free quick service dining plan (2 CS + 2 snacks + mug) for booking at a moderate resort. For DVC and deluxe resorts, they got regular free dining (1 CS + 1 TS + 1 snack).

All offers as has been in past had the option to upgrade. Guest would pay the difference from free plan to whatever plan they wanted.

BigB911

They will prob do free dining. The 4/3 ends right around the time the free dining is released. I purchased it as a bounceback back in Sept when I was there. My trip is 9/24 - 10/4

We booked the bounceback too last year when we were there the same time as you...and now we'll be going back the same time as you...again!:drevil:

Staying at POP this time...09/23-09/30.

WishIwasThere

Having never really paid attention to the free dining plan or when its offered. Is it usually for August and September or does it go into October?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We booked on the bounceback. We think we were slightly smarter this year and are arriving on October 1st, the last day of the offer. All you have to do is check in by the last day on the offer and it is good your entire trip.

We are awaiting Free Dining for Visa cardholders, as my parents have recently decided that if they can get free dining also, they want to join us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom