Any reviews on the Haunted Carriage ride, yet?

TWyn

Original Poster
I'm just wondering if anyone has done the Haunted Carriage ride and Fort Wilderness, yet. I'd like to get an opinion if it's worth the $60 before I do it later this month.

totben

i have a question as well, does 60 dollars cover everyone in your party or will it be 60 dollars for each of us? im thinking about this for my upcoming weekend but saw the high price tag.

Disneyland_Guy

You mean, the Haunted Mansion. The review for both of them is very fantastic and well worth for it $60 dollars. There is lots to do in the Magic Kingdom and for the whole day it will be a wonderful experience!

Its 60 dollars for each of you guys. Bringing the whole family and friends will be so much fun! It might be expensive, but then again well worth high price tag.

kingtrmpt

You mean, the Haunted Mansion. The review for both of them is very fantastic and well worth for it $60 dollars. There is lots to do in the Magic Kingdom and for the whole day it will be a wonderful experience!

Its 60 dollars for each of you guys. Bringing the whole family and friends will be so much fun! It might be expensive, but then again well worth high price tag.

I believe they are referring to the stand alone attraction offered at Fort Wilderness Resort as stated in the OP. Unfortunately I have not been to WDW since May so I cannot offer any review. However, I would think that the $60 would be for each participant.

-Hansel

totben

yes, the Haunted Carriage ride is at Fort Wilderness and tells the Legend of Sleepy Hallow and takes 3 to 5 people in each carriage.

yankspy

i have a question as well, does 60 dollars cover everyone in your party or will it be 60 dollars for each of us? im thinking about this for my upcoming weekend but saw the high price tag.
Allears is saying that the $60 covers up to five people.

The OP is talking about the haunted hay/carriage rides that are offered at Fort Wilderness. From what I understand there will be no haunted hayride this year, only haunted carriage rides.

To the OP, I have never done it but it seems pretty cool. I just read a review of it from as different site. Here is the review.

"You had a driver for the wagon team who started telling a story about Sleepy Hollow as you start driving through the woods in the dark. (I think) Then you see a man with a lantern...driver asks him aboard and asks him to tell the story with her. Then up from behind us comes a man on horseback who identifies himself as Ichabod Crane. He stays with the group a while and then goes off.

We continued to hear the story of the Headless Horseman...and then are chased by the legend himself. We later see the smashed pumpkin...and the ride wraps up.

By the way, I thought it was totally fun. My kids were sitting in the back of the wagon and were close enough to the horse to feel its breath...which made their day!

If you are looking for creepy-scare-the-living-daylights-out-of-you...go to Universal. If you are looking for a little "Yikes!", this was it. Our entire family, adults and kids, enjoyed it".

Hope this helps.

TWyn

Original Poster
Allears is saying that the $60 covers up to five people.

The OP is talking about the haunted hay/carriage rides that are offered at Fort Wilderness. From what I understand there will be no haunted hayride this year, only haunted carriage rides.

To the OP, I have never done it but it seems pretty cool. I just read a review of it from as different site. Here is the review.

"You had a driver for the wagon team who started telling a story about Sleepy Hollow as you start driving through the woods in the dark. (I think) Then you see a man with a lantern...driver asks him aboard and asks him to tell the story with her. Then up from behind us comes a man on horseback who identifies himself as Ichabod Crane. He stays with the group a while and then goes off.

We continued to hear the story of the Headless Horseman...and then are chased by the legend himself. We later see the smashed pumpkin...and the ride wraps up.

By the way, I thought it was totally fun. My kids were sitting in the back of the wagon and were close enough to the horse to feel its breath...which made their day!

If you are looking for creepy-scare-the-living-daylights-out-of-you...go to Universal. If you are looking for a little "Yikes!", this was it. Our entire family, adults and kids, enjoyed it".

Hope this helps.

I really appreciate the review. This sounds like the haunted wagon ride, though, which we did last year. Or is this from the new Haunted Carriage ride from this year?

TWyn

Original Poster

I meant the Haunted Carriage ride being offered at Fort Wilderness this year. It relaces the Haunted Wagon ride, and I'm anxious to find out if it's worth the $60 cost. :))

yankspy

I really appreciate the review. This sounds like the haunted wagon ride, though, which we did last year. Or is this from the new Haunted Carriage ride from this year?
This is from the wagon ride. It was my understanding that they were the same thing though. I thought that the only difference was that one was in a carriage and one was in a wagon.

TWyn

Original Poster
This is from the wagon ride. It was my understanding that they were the same thing though. I thought that the only difference was that one was in a carriage and one was in a wagon.

Oh, I didn't know that. :) If that's the case, then it'll be a lot of fun, because I loved the wagon ride. Thank you for the info. :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Last year they changed the story form the Legend of Sleepy Hollow to some lame haunted Florida town story (the name escapes me at the moment). Am I to understand that they have changed back to the Legend of Sleepy Hollow?

MinnieLee

DH is a big headless horseman fan and we have reservations for 10/26. Did the haunted hayride last year. It was alot of fun (and alot cheaper) but it is only the two of us and we are really looking forward to it. I read though the whole thing is 25 minutes. I hope that is wrong because the ride through all the mobile homes took about 15 minutes alone last year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom