Any popular WDW restaurants you just don't get the appeal of?

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
Understanding that everyone's likes and dislikes are their own to have, are there any particular restaurants in WDW that you don't quite understand the popularity of?

For me, there are at least 3 that come to mind: Sci-Fi Diner (apart from one delicious milkshake I found the service lacking, the movies repeating way too much, and the overall food quite mediocre), 50's Prime Time Cafe (the food was lousy, and the waitress we had wasn't the slightest bit in character, so we may as well have gone anywhere else for the same experience), and Restaurant Marrakesh (very disappointing to my entire - large - party, all of whom unanimously voted the food as "very bland").

ItlngrlBella

The Italian restaurant in Epcot. It was just "eh."

The place was packed and the staff seemed hurried and almost running into eachother.

I was brought up on my Nonna's old world recipes from southern Italy, so I'm a tough critic.

Last edited:

SeanWM48

50's i agree with. The gimmick with the waitresses being your parents is fun but the food is completely mediocre. the fried chicken is good but it's the exact same kind you can get at a place like Trail's End and i don't have to make 180 day advance reservation for Trail's.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I agree with most about the 50s. We've been there 3 times.
Our second visit was very good as I think they'd recently revamped the menu and were doing modern spins on comfort food and it was pretty d*mn good, plus we were with a large fun group at the time. The first and last time we went the food was greasy and sloppy and NOT in a good way ;).

I don't understand all the hate for BOG. Maybe people are expecting a signature dining experience or something?Although I agree it's not a "signature" meal, I have to say it's definitely above average both for lunch and dinner.

I think when you add the above average meal to the OUTSTANDING atmosphere, BOG is a home run

Kevin_W

In answer to the original question - not really. I can see why all of the "popular" restaurants would appeal to someone, even if not me. For instance, I didn't like Sci-fi at all, but my wife really did and I can see why some would like it. I really enjoy the food and atmosphere at 50's Prime Time, but I can also see why some wouldn't.

I can't see someone calling Marrakesh "popular" in WDW terms, but it was one of our favorite meals last trip.

Redsoxfn79

Sci fi is always our first stop on the first day. Enjoy the greesy burgers and shakes, just our thing since we eat good most of the year. Bog is ok, more hype than anything. Will not kill self trying to get reservations again. Very open cafeteria feel to it at dinner...

m3owbox

Wasn't impressed with Via Napoli on my last trip. The food was just meh. Wouldn't go back. Also BoG dinner was underwhelming. The dessert was good but the main courses where underwhelming. Was hoping it was just an off night. Will be going back later this month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom