Any one find it funny...

cblodg

Original Poster
That as a kid Epcot never really appeals to you, but when you grow up it is one of your favorite parks?

I know when I was younger I hated Epcot, now that I'm a little older I love going there. Whenever we go down we spend more time in Epcot than any of the other parks.

Alexx

It's Disney, it had rides in, it appealed to me :ROFLOL:

but yeah I would of rather spent my time in the other parks, but we spend loads of time in Epcot now

Fun2BFree

Epcot, especially in days gone by, was more an adult-orientated park than MK. World Showcase requires an appreciation of culture, architecture and cuisine that many children don't possess, and many of the FW pavilions provided food for thought rather than mindless entertainment. Of course, the addition of Nemo and such is changing this, but balance is always good. :shrug:

WildLodgeFan

I didn't go until I was an adult, but I dont' think I would have been bored, but then I like being educated. I always enjoyed museums and exhibits as a child, where I could soak up more knowledge and that's in essence what EPCOT is about.

maryszhi

That as a kid Epcot never really appeals to you, but when you grow up it is one of your favorite parks?

I know when I was younger I hated Epcot, now that I'm a little older I love going there. Whenever we go down we spend more time in Epcot than any of the other parks.
i honestly have always loved it becuase i love history and the culture of other countries

As a young kid in the early 80's, I loved Future World but HATED the countries. World Showcase was such a bore for me - I probably drove my mom crazy. I was always asking, "When are we going back to Future World?" I loved World Of Motion, Journey Into Imagination, and Horizons back in the day.

As an adult I LOVE the countries and never tire of visiting. :)

montyz81

I went in march 1983, i was 12. It was my favorite park then. It had so much technology and so much interesting stuff. I absolutely loved it. Believe it or not, the only thing I remember from MK then was Mr Toad, Space Mountain pirates and HM. I remember, SSE, UoE, Figment, WoM, The Land, (horizons and the seas were not finished yet). I also remember China, the candy girl in Japan, England, pastry in France, American Adventure, The fountain of nations. This was all remembered from a single day visit to Epcot in march of 83.

DisneyGigi

DS really blew me away the other day by asking if we could do EPCOT our first day on our upcoming trip! I had planned on arrival day to go to MK after we checked in. That is our tradition it just kicks off our trip by seeing Main Street & the Castle. Well, we decided to please everyone by going first to MK then hopping over to EPCOT. He likes it more than me now apparently? Gosh, I guess this means he is growing up on me! :cry::cry:

sarabi

I was a "science geek" as a kid, so EPCOT was always my favorite.
Then, I did a CP in DAK and now DAK is my favorite.

Cynderella

I agree. I hated going to Epcot. It was soo boring. But now that I am older its funny how much more I appreciate it.

Tinkerbella16

Definately agree with you on that one. I didn't hate Epcot as a kid, it just bored me and I would have rather been to the other parks. But now Epcot and MK are my top two favorite parks in disney. I spend at least 2 whole days at both every trip. :D

markjohns1

As far back as I can remember, Epcot has been my favorite. I am a geek. I definitely think the phenomenon the OP pointed out is most common, though.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Epcot was DEFINITELY more fun to me as a kid (Future World) than it is to me now with all of the new attractions. It was my favorite park.

Having said that, WS is more fun as an adult

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom