Any news on room only discounts?

tomman710

I go once a year on average usually, maybe a little less, so getting an AP is not really economically benficial, even to get the AP rates. Then we have the winter dream maker package, which doesn't do me any good because I am going for 8 days - 5 days in the parks with a group of 6, possibly more. So I'm really hoping for some room only discounts ... does anyone know the status or situation with those. I am going in December, the first two weeks, I assume as the dates get closer and hotels aren't filled up they will release some discounts. Does anyone else have any input?

Gucci65

Just keep trying. Keep checking Deb Wills site, checking your local newspaper on Sunday and calling walt disney travel co. They may have great offers in October. Two years ago (in Oct), I wasn't planning on going to WDW until I received a postcard in the mail offering $49.00/night for Allstars. One quick airline booking later and we were on our way. AND don't forgot you can always stay off property. Good rates posted from the hotels on Lake Buena Vista.

Good luck!!!

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Originally posted by tomman710
I go once a year on average usually, maybe a little less, so getting an AP is not really economically benficial, even to get the AP rates. Then we have the winter dream maker package, which doesn't do me any good because I am going for 8 days - 5 days in the parks

Which resort do you want to stay in?

if you're staying in a moderate or deluxe 5 days in the park may be enough to justify an annual pass compaired to rack rates on rooms and a 5-day park hopper... even if you only use it for one trip! The price difference is somewhere around $160.

Saving about 60 a night at a moderate or even more at a deluxe kinda makes it worth it especially for 8 days.

Upvote 0

Gucci65

Nope, I don't mind you asking.

$130.00 per night w/ preferred view (ie not the parking lot :lol: ) for 12/9 - 12/14.

$49.00 per night w/ preferred view at AS Music & AS Sports.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Gucci65
Nope, I don't mind you asking.

$130.00 per night w/ preferred view (ie not the parking lot :lol: ) for 12/9 - 12/14.

$49.00 per night w/ preferred view at AS Music & AS Sports.

Thanks, this may help for a later trip.

Upvote 0

Kristy

I too am hoping that some kind of room only rate appears sometime soon. We are going to WDW in early November. I check mousesavers.com frequently, and have read an article posted there concerning room only discounts. Evidently Disney is trying to get away from offering room only discounts and is instead pushing for packages. At this time last year, there were already room only rates out for the rest of the year, so I'm thinking that there probably won't be anymore this year. Especially since the Winter package is already out there. But, anything can happen, so I would recommend keeping your eye on mousesavers.com. Good luck! :)

Upvote 0

katiesmom

If you are considering staying off property there are a few options with GREAT discounts. If you have an entertainment card, the Swan and Dolphin (not really off property) offer a 50% discount. It is limited availability... so keep trying if it does't work the first time. Also, all of the hotels at Universal offer the same discount, again with limited availability. I am staying at the Portafina the week of Nov. 1st, because Disney was not offering the AP rates at my choosen resort. Univeral is kinda cool because you have an automatic fast past with your room key. But I will still miss the Beach Club. :cry:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom