Any news about the new O Canada!

mbroschak

Original Poster
My understanding is that Canada will be receiving a new circlevision movie in the next several months. Does anyone have an update about this?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
A rumour on Screamscape.....

Yes it has new footage featuring a new fresh image of Canada, not one hampered by connections to colonial powers. It is a feast of visual titillation but avoids stereotypes of bears Mounties syrup skating and lumberjacks. I believe an all new sound system will pump out the tunes of Rush, Nickleback and a 9 minute Celine Dion epic, raising enviromental concerns. Some of the planned footage aims to raise awareness of the French speaking part of Canada and highlights the efforts to protect the heritage through the death penalty for anyone erecting a sign in English. There is a short portion on the cultural significance of Terrance and Philip and why it’s important to raise drug awareness matters. The narration will feature Rutt and Tuke explaining why we shouldn’t blame Canada and the entire project is sponsored by Molson.

kcnole

All I know is that it supposedly features Martin Short as the narrator and will include one of the Canadian Idol winners singing the theme song.

dandaman

^^ Well, that just made my day. :ROFLOL:

(Save for the 9-minute Celine Dion epic, of course.)

^Hope it's Ashley Coulter. Not that I watch the show (and not that she won; she came 3rd), but she DOES live 5 minutes away from me. :lookaroun

RiversideBunny

Is that Mousehead they are drinking, to get into character.

hosser.

Further plot details-

Amazon.com
Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis created their popular toque-wearing, beer-swigging "Great White North" hosers Bob and Doug McKenzie on the great TV comedy show SCTV to fulfill a Canadian broadcasting regulation that required Canadian shows to have a certain amount of "Canadian content." Bob and Doug became so popular that they made a hit record (Take Off, with Geddy Lee, nasalist with the Canadian rock band Rush) and this Major Motion Picture--filmed in "Hoserama." Bob and Doug are the Cheech and Chong of beer, so the plot involves the boys's attempt to scam a free case of Elsinore beer from the brewery, which is run by a mad scientist Brewmeister Smith (Max von Sydow), who wants to rule the world, like all mad scientists do. Strange Brew's intoxicating blend of hops and malt--er ... cleverness and silliness--earned it a loyal and well-deserved cult following. --Jim Emerson

StephanieS

I love that movie! I bought it on dvd for like $7 at Walmart.

I wish they wouldn't change the music for O Canada- I like that song. That circlevision is so relaxing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom