Any new news on the missing Monorail?

loveofamouse

Oh Good lord no! Talk about making the parks look even more tacky then they already are! BTW, the current paint scheme dates back to 1971. I think they are correct the way they are. It would look too much like the M-VI trains in Las Vegas if they wrapped them all the time.

umm that's a matter of opinion;)
I totally don't think anything from the 70's is going to continue to look great, especially when they are renovating and upgrading all around the World. If they are doing facelifts to most of the buildings, adding new areas and attractions, it would be a good idea to spiff up one of the oldest things at the park. It could be done in a nice way. Soft, subtle colors. No large logos.... Plus, I think they may be leaning that route with the introduction of the Tronorail.:p It was probably a taster/sample.

loveofamouse

Princess train- mix of pinks, yellows, lt blues, tinkgreens, etc
cars train- reds yellows
America train- RWB of course
Villian train- purples, navy, black, silver, grays

That's a great idea. I like it a lot. A Mickey Monorail with the red, black, yellow pattern would be good as well!!!!:wave:

It would be like rolling art.

Golds, tans, browns, dull orange could be Lion King.

That's 6 monorails right there. lol

docnabox

I totally don't think anything from the 70's is going to continue to look great, especially when they are renovating and upgrading all around the World. If they are doing facelifts to most of the buildings, adding new areas and attractions, it would be a good idea to spiff up one of the oldest things at the park. It could be done in a nice way. Soft, subtle colors. No large logos.... Plus, I think they may be leaning that route with the introduction of the Tronorail.:p It was probably a taster/sample.

Just because something was designed in the 70's doesn't mean that it can't look good. The current designs are simple....streamlined.....timeless. There is no reason they should be changed. Additionally, I actually like that there are some things that have not become overly character-ized.

If they are testing this concept with the Tronorail, I guess we can all look forward to the Rapunz-o-rail next....I can see it now....soothing shades of pinks, lavenders and lilacs, blending together beautifully.... and a 1 mile stretch of golden hair extending from one end. Sounds great!! The only problem I can see is that things will slow down a lot with them having to brush out all those tangles every time it pulls into the station!

loveofamouse

Just because something was designed in the 70's doesn't mean that it can't look good. The current designs are simple....streamlined.....timeless. There is no reason they should be changed. Additionally, I actually like that there are some things that have not become overly character-ized.

not Timeless if they look like the 70's. They look old. They may not be buying new trains but there's nothing wrong with freshening things up a bit. Some people just don't like change.:shrug:

docnabox

not Timeless if they look like the 70's. They look old. They may not be buying new trains but there's nothing wrong with freshening things up a bit. Some people just don't like change.:shrug:

I didn't say they looked like they were from the 70's - YOU did. So thanks for pointing that out - I just said that while they were designed in the 70's, they still look good. The monorail is an icon of WDW and I don't think they should or probably will decide to change them from a uniform fleet of sleek trains to a hodge podge of advertisements for the latest, greatest release from Walt Disney Studios or even just popular themes as you suggested. If you want to talk dated, try those paint schemes and see how quickly they go "out of style."

As for change, I am all for it when it means a progression to something bigger or better than what one has now. In this instance, changing the monorail design would just be silliness with a tacky end result. If change is just because something is popular at the moment or it is too gimmicky, then yeah, you are right, I don't like it. (Think castle cake, anything with Stitch and the list goes on and on....)

:wave:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I didn't say they looked like they were from the 70's - YOU did. So thanks for pointing that out - I just said that while they were designed in the 70's, they still look good. The monorail is an icon of WDW and I don't think they should or probably will decide to change them from a uniform fleet of sleek trains to a hodge podge of advertisements for the latest, greatest release from Walt Disney Studios or even just popular themes as you suggested. If you want to talk dated, try those paint schemes and see how quickly they go "out of style."

As for change, I am all for it when it means a progression to something bigger or better than what one has now. In this instance, changing the monorail design would just be silliness with a tacky end result. If change is just because something is popular at the moment or it is too gimmicky, then yeah, you are right, I don't like it. (Think castle cake, anything with Stitch and the list goes on and on....)

Well said.

Today's fashionistas are tomorrow's trivia answers. Stay with the classic designs and you are timeless.

loveofamouse

I didn't say they looked like they were from the 70's - YOU did. So thanks for pointing that out - I just said that while they were designed in the 70's, they still look good.

In this instance, changing the monorail design would just be silliness with a tacky end result. If change is just because something is popular at the moment or it is too gimmicky, then yeah, you are right, I don't like it. (Think castle cake, anything with Stitch and the list goes on and on....)

Actually, I said the current design looks like the early 90s. You corrected me with the 70s reference.

And it's still your opinion that ANY change to the monorails would be "tacky" and "silliness." As I said, there are many people who would like to see some change. Also, just as with other things at the parks, some people have difficulties with changes but it doesn't mean the change wasn't good.

unkadug

Actually, I said the current design looks like the early 90s. You corrected me with the 70s reference.

And it's still your opinion that ANY change to the monorails would be "tacky" and "silliness." As I said, there are many people who would like to see some change. Also, just as with other things at the parks, some people have difficulties with changes but it doesn't mean the change wasn't good.

Actually, montyz81 explained that the design dates back to the 70's - not docnabox. Nobody CORRECTED you. (as you seem to think.)

It's not that any change would be tacky and silly... just your suggested changes would be tacky and silly. You want to take a "90's" (as you so eloquently put it) stripe and change it to Princesses and Villains:eek:. What you suggest would date itself much faster than a simple stripe ever could.

I don't think docnabox nor I are suggesting that change is not good... Just the changes that are being suggested.

Mr.EPCOT

I know I'm the minority but I think ALL of the monorails need to be repainted. For icon of not only Disney but FL, they look dated. The paint scheme screams early 90s. I love the colors of the tronorail. Maybe not everyone an advertisement but definitely full colors.

Princess train- mix of pinks, yellows, lt blues, tinkgreens, etc
cars train- reds yellows
America train- RWB of course
Villian train- purples, navy, black, silver, grays

you get the idea. They don't have to have logos, just colors swirled in together in an artsy way.

Would be more eyecatching that a stripe with a delta.

Just sayin :)

That sounds awful awful AWFUL. Garish to the max! :hurl: :hammer:

The good news is, that will never happen, at least any time in the near future. The Tron-o-rail isn't any kind of test for new train designs, just a one-off opportunity for appropriate synergistic advertising. The current design is timeless. It is simple and iconic. There is nothing outdated looking about a simple color stripe on white.

loveofamouse

Actually, montyz81 explained that the design dates back to the 70's - not docnabox. Nobody CORRECTED you. (as you seem to think.)

It's not that any change would be tacky and silly... just your suggested changes would be tacky and silly. You want to take a "90's" (as you so eloquently put it) stripe and change it to Princesses and Villains:eek:. What you suggest would date itself much faster than a simple stripe ever could.

I don't think docnabox nor I are suggesting that change is not good... Just the changes that are being suggested.

I don't feel "corrected" actually. As I keep saying, IT'S A MATTER OF OPINION. In case you haven't noticed, most of the posts on this site are PERSONAL hopes and dreams that some people second. Some people hate. I think it's "tacky" and "silly" to leave them the way they are for DECADES no matter when they started.

I'm not sure how princesses and villians can DATE anything since many of the stories are old, not current. Second, I didn't say put a logo or faces on the rails, just COLORS. No different than the COLORS that seperate them now except it would be more than just a stripe.

And let's be for real. It's not like ANY ideas from this site are actually being considered by Disney i.e. Villian Devoted Park (wait...that could be dated). It's talk. I thought it would be neat. A couple other people liked it. I'm sure kids would. Just like Tronorail, not 100% of every guest has to love it. Good grief.:brick:

The good news is, that will never happen, at least any time in the near future. The Tron-o-rail isn't any kind of test for new train designs, just a one-off opportunity for appropriate synergistic advertising. The current design is timeless. It is simple and iconic. There is nothing outdated looking about a simple color stripe on white.

As I said, matter of opinion:wave:

And like I previously said: I know I'm the minority......

funkycold

That sounds awful awful AWFUL. Garish to the max! :hurl: :hammer:

exactly. it fit in well with tron, and while it does appear to be the latest fad in guerilla / out of the box advertising, i think disney knows it's a fad, used it at an opportunistic time, and are willing to let it go.

and although i know the rupunzel was a joke, i think that'd be pretty funny actually, have like a cutout of her up by the pilots window with (vinyl sticker cutout) hair going down across all the cars. tacky yes, but that'd be pretty funny IMO. :p

unkadug

Okay, that is too much. Way too busy. lol. I was thinking WAY more simple than that

The jelly beans and strawberries were actual photographs applied to the monorails.

What makes you think that photos of pixies and villains wouldn't be just as garish? :shrug:

montyz81

I said they looked Correct. I think improvements as you stated is a good idea as well. I do not think wrapping them in advertisements is a good idea is all I was saying.

loveofamouse

The jelly beans and strawberries were actual photographs applied to the monorails.

What makes you think that photos of pixies and villains wouldn't be just as garish? :shrug:

Cause I have repeatedly said NOT photos, faces or words. JUST COLORS. Not much different than now, just better than maroon and lime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom