Any new news on the missing Monorail?

RunnerEd

The "Tronorail" as it's known, was one of the highlights of my September trip. Every time I'd see it whizz by, me and my son would blurt out "TRONORAIL".

I love the Tronorail, too. I also like the pictures of the DLR system much better than ours. How about we add more color schemes beyond a white train with a colored stripe....in other words, make Monorail Maroon an actual maroon monorail? I think it would look cool!!!!

BRER STITCH

TRONORAIL ROCKS!

I foresee much more of this use of the monorail cars. Like it or not, it is spectacular as an eye-catching moving billboard!

Imagine the possibilities....

MaryJaneP

Maintenance spur may just be "cover" for monorail expansion such as to WL, FW, new DVC resort possibly at River Country Site.

Also, in Florida sun, wouldn't solid color monorails get extremely and uncomfortably hot?

Just sayin.

TinkIce

Tronorail! LOL I've never heard that term before; I love it! :lol: I'm very excited about seeing it on my trip this December. My TRON obsessed brother is even more excited to see it :cool:

As for the color of the missing monorail, how about RAINBOW?? :D

loveofamouse

Maintenance spur may just be "cover" for monorail expansion such as to WL, FW, new DVC resort possibly at River Country Site.

Also, in Florida sun, wouldn't solid color monorails get extremely and uncomfortably hot?

Just sayin.

Im sure Air conditioning can handle it:ROFLOL: It would be no more hot than sitting in a Triple insulated metal tube with funky, hot sweaty strangers....wait....:p

I like the Tronorail! In fact, I was disappointed I didn't see it on our last trip.

flavious27

Just sayin.

dvc resort between wl and fw? sounds like the old Fort Wilderness Junction idea from the Disney decade.

dave&di

I also loved the Tronorail on my Sept visit, the only downside was that I couldn't take photos from the inside because of the design covering the windows!

I think it would be cool to continue to have one monorail with a big design on rather than all stripes, once the 'TRON' film is out the way will Disney replace it with another design or go back to the stripe?

loveofamouse

I know I'm the minority but I think ALL of the monorails need to be repainted. For icon of not only Disney but FL, they look dated. The paint scheme screams early 90s. I love the colors of the tronorail. Maybe not everyone an advertisement but definitely full colors.

Princess train- mix of pinks, yellows, lt blues, tinkgreens, etc
cars train- reds yellows
America train- RWB of course
Villian train- purples, navy, black, silver, grays

you get the idea. They don't have to have logos, just colors swirled in together in an artsy way.

Would be more eyecatching that a stripe with a delta.

Just sayin :)

montyz81

I know I'm the minority but I think ALL of the monorails need to be repainted. For icon of not only Disney but FL, they look dated. The paint scheme screams early 90s. I love the colors of the tronorail. Maybe not everyone an advertisement but definitely full colors.

cars train- reds yellows

you get the idea. They don't have to have logos, just colors swirled in together in an artsy way.

Oh Good lord no! Talk about making the parks look even more tacky then they already are! BTW, the current paint scheme dates back to 1971. I think they are correct the way they are. It would look too much like the M-VI trains in Las Vegas if they wrapped them all the time.

Also, It seems like they are taking a very long time to get just one Monorail back on the beam. It only took 3 years (89 -91) to put together all the MarK VI trains on the track. Why is it taking so long for just one??? (Not really even just one. They are only really recreating shells of the drive ends. I suspect the original chassis' for both cars are being used.)

fireworkz

Also, It seems like they are taking a very long time to get just one Monorail back on the beam. It only took 3 years (89 -91) to put together all the MarK VI trains on the track. Why is it taking so long for just one??? (Not really even just one. They are only really recreating shells of the drive ends. I suspect the original chassis' for both cars are being used.)

The delay I would say it due to two reasons: First maintenance couldn't do much with the trains until the investigation into the accident was completed, that took a few months. Second, it's been around twenty years since the Mark VI's were built. They are having to fabricate many of the new parts from scratch. Despite the VI's being a unique set of 12 trains, they were still built on a factory line tooled to produce them, that made the roll out of the trains much faster.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Totally like the Dark Tower! Except that the Disney Monorail is much less terrifying.

Ahhh good ol' Blaine the Mono! Now there's a thrill ride for y'all. Travel at supersonic speeds and be forced to try and beat a sentient monorail in a riddle contest or crash into the TTC at full speed!

RunnerEd

cars train- reds yellows

That's a great idea. I like it a lot. A Mickey Monorail with the red, black, yellow pattern would be good as well!!!!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom