Any Monorail News?

Champion

Not according to him. :rolleyes:

If he said ANNOUNCED I might be inclined to agree with him, or at least say that its possible. But built and opened? Not a chance. They'd basically have to start construction this summer.

Not to mention the only way it would have a monorail is if they put the park on the Epcot line.

Geez, I love idiots.

phineasfan100

What I was thinking was to at the TTC merge MK express and EPCOT into one. At EPCOT take away the loop and continue it to MGM and AK. Connect all of the deluxe resorts in some way using WED way or a spur. You can connect WWoS, BB, TL, and DTD with a WED way or a spur. Make EPCOT a second hub and remodel the TTC to accomadate the changes. Have a second EPCOT resorts loop (or WED way) and have no changes to MK resorts loop.
pub

freediverdude

I had already proposed something similar to this before- the argument against it was the volume of people who would be needing to ride this, especially like at a park closing. What I proposed was either doubling or tripling the track, having two or three trains going at the same time on different tracks making the same loops. And having each park be a small hub for the wedways from the resorts around that park going to just that park, and then you hop aboard the monorail loop to get to the park you want to go to.

I really think this would work, and get rid of the buses, but yes it would take a lot of expensive infrastructure. But in my opinion, Disney World should have been investing in this all along for the past 20 years, not waited until it got to this point. Of course now it's going to be expensive.

Timon

Monorail Mental Exercise in Fictitious Designs
Mass Transit: moving lots of people from where they are to where they want to go. Most guests stay at hotels and go to theme parks at WDW. If one station can serve several thousand rooms and happens to be on the way to a "Major Destination", then a station is justified.

Buses can feed the smaller destinations and hotels. Of course if you want to almost eliminate buses the you would want PRT. Personal Rapid Transportation (PRT) is basically on-call Rapid Transit for low volume areas. Each car holds maybe a dozen people. Like an elevator you push the button for the station you want to stop at but skip the ones you don't.

Most real-world rapid transit have lines that run east-west and north-south and have transfer stations where they cross. WDW could use an east-west line and later extend the Epcot line south to Celebration (if the HSR is built)

Here's an idea for an east-west line.
Monorail%20E-W%20Expansion.jpg

Here's how a PRT in the Hotel Plaza area could layout.
LBV%20PRT.jpg

Here's PRT in the Downtown Disney area.
Downtown%20Disney%20PRT-Monorail-Boat.jpg

Just my take on cool transportation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom