Any Halloween lovers on these forums?

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
My first post to the Chit Chat forum. 😁 I know we have a TON of Haunted Mansion lovers in this community. I'm just curious if any of you folks are major fans of Halloween? If so, do any of you go all out with decorating and have any pics? Btw, not talking about Mickey's Not So Scary. That's nice and all, but I mean that you decorate extensively for the holiday. 😄

I know there are other boards out there dedicated to this. Just curious if I share that passion with anyone else on these forums. 🤪 I actually met a former Imagineer on another forum dedicated to Halloween. His annual Halloween display was pretty amazing. Just wondered if there are any other fans on here.

This may be the only post to this thread. 🤣 lol

BubbaisSleep

I’m a huge Halloween fan. I’ve only been decorating for a few years now as we didn’t celebrate holidays at my home (we went to Disneyland instead 😁).

But as an adult I started decorating my room for Halloween and Xmas. I was inspired by Disney as I just love the way they switch up the park during the holidays so I would transform my room completely for both holidays. My room is normally beach-themed so I’ll take down and switch a lot of the posters on my wall once it’s time to bring out the spooky stuff.

I’m also a huge American Story Story fan so I have a Papa Legba tribute I kept going after hosting a party based off the show’s third season, Coven. The cool part is I place all the beads and items I caught during the Maddie Gras parade in New Orleans so it makes it more authentic. Last picture.
56A28E71-3DDE-4B5E-BC63-734822FA306B.jpeg
7E214559-9224-4B85-B0B6-5A5887AB3AA6.jpeg
5DF120AE-174A-4718-9B7F-CE177E80CD94.jpeg
6FE111C9-07D3-4132-A52F-57C749DAA31A.jpeg
D5F0271A-C687-4598-8B8B-AF6DF8B5238A.jpeg
58B35D51-5C89-4E0F-AE4A-4BF0374343D5.jpeg

BubbaisSleep

Love doing Halloween photo shoots and videos too. This one was taken in my room during Halloween and play the shadow. Unfortunately my friend doesn’t have his videos up on YouTube so I can’t share it. This photoshoot is about sleep paralysis, but I’ll just post a few photos as there’s a lot. Halloween is just amazing, I celebrate starting mid-August.0B5C113F-F5D8-4E11-8425-1DFBC03F320C.jpeg
079D33C8-AD46-446E-B77F-8644CDFE335F.jpeg
C8546233-2B5A-42D8-8F4A-A65757800713.jpeg
CCACCA18-471F-4B92-96D4-DA84EAE9B867.jpeg

Gingersnap

Halloween has always been a pretty special holiday for me. As a kid of course I loved going Trick or Treating. As a teen and college student loved the Costume Halloween parties. Now as adult I love handing out the candy and seeing the little kids in the costumes. This year is going to be extra special because it will be my baby girls 1st Halloween.

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
@BubbaisWoke - Excellent decorations!! That photo shoot is pretty frickin' cool too! It's dreamy nightmarish! 😎
@Sans Souci - Very cool that you pass out candy in costume! I've thought of it, but my first instinct is to dress scary, so don't want to scare the little ones. 🤣
@Dead2009 - I'm with ya. I watch horror flicks all year 'round too! Not really into gore, but have watch tons of them. I prefer a good creepy movie.
@Gingersnap - I can relate. I was hooked since being a kid. There was an unbelievable Halloween house in my neighborhood that has always been my inspiration. 30 years later, he's still there.

Just realized I never posted any of my own pics. I'm "that house" in the neighborhood 😁🤪
Front.jpg
Front Window 2.jpg
Michael 2.jpg
Family Room.jpg

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

I have always loved Halloween probably ever since my infancy! I decorate each year though I don't go to crazy since I prefer a modern, minimalistic traveler look. I use skulls I have collected from my travels and what some may consider "goth" objects as decor around my home so whatever I do for Halloween tends to mesh with what's already out. I do decorate separately for Dia de los Muertos though I keep that to my kitchen and bar and some years depending on what theme I choose for X-Mas my Nightmare Before Christmas decorations go up which can be a lot of work but certainly is worth the reactions they get.
Two things I never falter on is my decorations go up on my birthday (Sept. 23) and I always dress up for and go out for Halloween. The characters I choose are picked well in advance so I have ample time to brainstorm, create and see my costume to fruition and though it probably doesn't pay back the investment winning a prize while I am out with friends is an added bonus.
Here's some pictures from some Disney inspired costumes of the past: Judge Doom (2018), Horned King (2019)

Attachments

• Judge Doom1.jpg
    Judge Doom1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Horned King.jpg
    Horned King.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20191031_234705.jpg
    20191031_234705.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 9

macefamily

Great pics everyone. I used to go all-out for Halloween when my kids were younger. Twenty years ago we had many more kids out for Halloween versus the past ten years in our community. I had two big speakers that I would put out on our front porch and play Halloween sounds. I had a smoke machine that would keep it foggy. I'd dress up as a ghoul. I had the white Crazy Eyes contact lenses that would freak people out. People would love it. Now I help my nephew who runs an annual community Halloween trail. We're always adding new stations to make it more interesting. I've always had a fascination for the holiday.

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
@NiarrNDisney - Great costumes!! Please post some pics if you have some to share.

@macefamily - That's excellent that you help with the community Halloween trail! I wish I lived in a community that did a bit more. Most of my neighbors love what I do and compliment me. I've also noticed a few other houses start to decorate more, but not a ton. Some neighbors must hate me though. I'm pretty sure I'm responsible for an increase of trick or treater traffic (had to spell out ToT on this forum as to not confuse with the ride 🤪.) When I moved in a few years ago I got about 20, and now approximately 200 show up. lol. I'm sure the neighbors don't like having to buy more candy.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
@BubbaisWoke - Excellent decorations!! That photo shoot is pretty frickin' cool too! It's dreamy nightmarish! 😎
@Sans Souci - Very cool that you pass out candy in costume! I've thought of it, but my first instinct is to dress scary, so don't want to scare the little ones. 🤣
@Dead2009 - I'm with ya. I watch horror flicks all year 'round too! Not really into gore, but have watch tons of them. I prefer a good creepy movie.
@Gingersnap - I can relate. I was hooked since being a kid. There was an unbelievable Halloween house in my neighborhood that has always been my inspiration. 30 years later, he's still there.

Just realized I never posted any of my own pics. I'm "that house" in the neighborhood 😁🤪
View attachment 480958
View attachment 480959
View attachment 480960
View attachment 480961

Great dynamic lighting. What are you using? BTW, have you tried any of AtmosFX stuff?

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
Great dynamic lighting. What are you using? BTW, have you tried any of AtmosFX stuff?

Thanks so much! It's actually really challenging to light the display because I've got a yellow street light directly across the street. After the Asian longhorned beetles killed numerous trees in the neighborhood, I had to replant a much larger tree in the parkway to block out as much as I could, but I still tussle with darn street light. :) I have to go pretty bright on the lighting to drown it out actually.

So, I use two fairly small 50W LED floods at the front of the yard just inside the faux fencing. Then I have approximately 10 to 15 small 10W flood/spot lights throughout to accent different parts like skeletons, props, the house, specific tombstones that move, etc. The two 50W floods create the most depth for the yard though because of the long shadows they create from the tombstones.

I do use AtmosfearFX in the two upstairs windows actually. You can sort of see a ghost in the upstairs right window in that pic, and the one on the left is between scenes. Despite the eye candy around the yard and in the downstairs windows, AtmosFX actually draws the most attention from people. 🤣 They'll stand in front and watch it for long periods of time.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Thanks so much! It's actually really challenging to light the display because I've got a yellow street light directly across the street. After the Asian longhorned beetles killed numerous trees in the neighborhood, I had to replant a much larger tree in the parkway to block out as much as I could, but I still tussle with darn street light. :) I have to go pretty bright on the lighting to drown it out actually.

So, I use two fairly small 50W LED floods at the front of the yard just inside the faux fencing. Then I have approximately 10 to 15 small 10W flood/spot lights throughout to accent different parts like skeletons, props, the house, specific tombstones that move, etc. The two 50W floods create the most depth for the yard though because of the long shadows they create from the tombstones.

I do use AtmosfearFX in the two upstairs windows actually. You can sort of see a ghost in the upstairs right window in that pic, and the one on the left is between scenes. Despite the eye candy around the yard and in the downstairs windows, AtmosFX actually draws the most attention from people. 🤣 They'll stand in front and watch it for long periods of time.

Definitely! LOL I'm already planning. Think I'll add that new slenderman ghost projection this year. 50w led you say? That's bright. Nice! I'll have to be on the look out for a good deal.

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
Definitely! LOL I'm already planning. Think I'll add that new slenderman ghost projection this year. 50w led you say? That's bright. Nice! I'll have to be on the look out for a good deal.

Yep. 50W is pretty bright, but they have dimmers so I'm not always on the brightest setting on all lights. Like I said though, I really do have to contend with a yellow street light that I need to overpower. 😁 The exact ones I use are these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074FTJ1KK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Highly recommend them! They're completely waterproof and have withstood many rainstorms. I have had to crack them open on occasion to wipe away slight condensation from the inside of the glass though. The condensation doesn't affect lighting, but I want to make sure not to let it build up and burn out the LEDs.

I haven't seen the Slenderman projections yet. I'll have to check that out! Sounds like a great idea! Be sure to take pics this year to share! I've thought of building a Slenderman prop for the side of the house with dim lighting to creep kids out, but haven't figured out an effective way to build a really tall one that won't blow over in a storm. I also have to teach myself to sew ok enough so I can lengthen pants for the long legs I intend to use for that prop. With that said, it's on the back burner. 🤣

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
@mariedarling - Excellent pic!! Tink is adorable! 😁😍 I always kinda wished my birthday was on Halloween. At least my Halloween obsession would've made more sense. 🤪 The bad part would've been that my annual adult costume party would seem more like an annual birthday party which I WOULDN'T want. I don't want people bringing gifts to the party, because it's about the holiday. 😁

mariedarling

@Pepper's Ghost thank you!! haha, it's funny you say that! To this day I always feel weird about having people come to celebrate me on Halloween! But I ALWAYS dress up whether or not I am sitting at my desk at work (or at home in this year's case). In the last couple of years I've gone out to dinner in my costume and it's actually really fun because most restaurants are empty because everyone is trick-or-treating! Going to do that until my little Tinkerbell is old enough to Trick-or-Treat!

I am currently pregnant so my Halloween costume is Winne the Pooh this year! I cannot wait! 🍯

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
@Pepper's Ghost
I know a lot of people decorate or even make a walkthru attraction in their garage. Have you ever done anything like that? I would do it but we have a carport at the back of the house so it negates the concept for our set up. But you could really go all out in the garage. Spider Lair, Laboratory lot of possibilities. I'm thinking of constructing one of those giant rope webs this year. Bought my clothsline and Rit whitener and brightener the other day so I'm starting to plan. Can't wait!!!

Last edited:

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
@Pepper's Ghost thank you!! haha, it's funny you say that! To this day I always feel weird about having people come to celebrate me on Halloween! But I ALWAYS dress up whether or not I am sitting at my desk at work (or at home in this year's case). In the last couple of years I've gone out to dinner in my costume and it's actually really fun because most restaurants are empty because everyone is trick-or-treating! Going to do that until my little Tinkerbell is old enough to Trick-or-Treat!

I am currently pregnant so my Halloween costume is Winne the Pooh this year! I cannot wait! 🍯

Congrats on the expected little one!! 😁😁😁 And lol to a Winnie the Pooh costume! Soooo, whataya saying about Winnie? You callin' him slightly overweight? Don't fat shame. 🤣🤪 Just teasing.

Your costumes are so kid friendly! Mine are generally a bit more dark. Last year I was Negan (for TWD fans). Two years ago I was a demented bloody clown. One of my faves from a few years ago was an escaped convicted murderer. I wore and orange prison jumpsuit, a long stringy dirty blond wig much of it over my face, and an long handle ax. LOL. What's funny is I'm not a particularly disturbed person, but I love playing them. 🤣 I really freaked a few people (mostly adults) out walking through my yard as an escaped murderer. 🙃🤪

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
@Pepper's Ghost
I know a lot of people decorate or even make a walkthru attraction in their garage. Have you ever done anything like that? I do it but we have a carport at the back of the house so it negates the concept for our set up. But you could really go all out in the garage. Spider Lair, Laboratory lot of possibilities. I'm thinking of constructing one of those giant rope webs this year. Bought my clothsline and Rit whitener and brightener the other day so I'm starting to plan. Can't wait!!!

I've seen a lot of people do walk-throughs, and I've considered it, but haven't done so yet. As you can see in the pics above, I go all out on the inside of my house too for my party and would love to let people see it, but I can't really invite people into my home even as a walk-through. It's too weird for both sides, although all the little kids basically push their way in the front door when they see all the stuff behind me. 😁

A garage walkthrough is a possibility for the future, but not too soon. In a week's time, I could probably turn my garage into a creepy walk-through. My only fear though is that I buy high end and animatronic props for display, but don't think I want kids to have untethered reign in a walkthrough without some kind of guidance. Maybe in a future year I can build something and have it behind a fencing or barrier so they can enjoy it, but not touch. It's a good thought I definitely have to explore. 😁

A spider layer sounds fantastic!! You really need to post some pics! Can't wait to see it, and possibly use for inspiration. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom