Any foods NOT at WDW that you wish were offered somewhere on premises???

ninjaprincesst

You mean like you when you go on a soap box about booze at Disney?

The crap that does not belong is Mexican food lol... The stuff you mentioned is not Mexican food...
Yes it is, the Chipoltle style is not Mexican food and since my last name is Hernandez I think I probably have some idea what Mexican food is.

Hockey89

Yes it is, the Chipoltle style is not Mexican food and since my last name is Hernandez I think I probably have some idea what Mexican food is.
Once again the items you request and want is not Mexican food. I don’t care what you last name is. Hard taco shell with lettuce is as far from real Mexican as you can get.
You always mentioned Taco Salad which does not exist.
This is dumb downed Mexican food

Corn soft is what they serve.

Last edited:

ninjaprincesst

Once again the items you request and want is not Mexican food. I don’t care what you last name is. Hard taco shell with lettuce is as far from real Mexican as you can get.
You always mentioned Taco Salad which does not exist.
This is dumb downed Mexican food

Corn soft is what they serve.
No , it is not, sorry all you people that like that California stuff, and no a hard shell is just not called a taco it is called a chalupa, and there is such a thing as Tex mex. No self respecting south Texas hispanic would serve any of that stuff your calling Mexican food.

Heppenheimer

I realize that Disney World has long since moved away from introducing guests to unfamiliar concepts in lieu of providing bland, guaranteed-not-to-offend familiarity, so there's probably zero chance we'll ever see something like this...

... but I would still be delighted to see a Belgian-style frituur. Not just for their perfect fries with all the variety of toppings (mayonaise, curry sauce, gypsy sauce, stoofvlees, andalusian sauce etc.), but also for the various deep fried snacks and meats, like bitterballen, frikadel, viandel, Bicky Burgers and all the other mystery meats.

And maybe while we're at it, perhaps some poutine that actually resembles the real Canadian version, rather than fries topped with that goopy yellow cheese-like substance.

Hockey89

I realize that Disney World has long since moved away from introducing guests to unfamiliar concepts in lieu of providing bland, guaranteed-not-to-offend familiarity, so there's probably zero chance we'll ever see something like this...

... but I would still be delighted to see a Belgian-style frituur. Not just for their perfect fries with all the variety of toppings (mayonaise, curry sauce, gypsy sauce, stoofvlees, andalusian sauce etc.), but also for the various deep fried snacks and meats, like bitterballen, frikadel, viandel, Bicky Burgers and all the other mystery meats.

And maybe while we're at it, perhaps some poutine that actually resembles the real Canadian version, rather than fries topped with that goopy yellow cheese-like substance.
That shipped has so sailed... Epcot food could be amazing with true authentic food... They cater to the meat and potatoes people that like Applebee's...

danyoung56

People keep ragging on Disney for this, but it's more about the tastes of the people. Yes, Epcot could feature true authentic food. But then the masses would go off site and eat at Denny's or Applebee's. If Disney wants to keep the business, they have to cater to the wishes of their audience.

Sad, but not Disney's fault.

Heppenheimer

People keep ragging on Disney for this, but it's more about the tastes of the people. Yes, Epcot could feature true authentic food. But then the masses would go off site and eat at Denny's or Applebee's. If Disney wants to keep the business, they have to cater to the wishes of their audience.

Sad, but not Disney's fault.
I'll be blunt...with certain regional exceptions, the overall tastes of the US public tends toward bland, sugary and texture-less. Having lived in Europe, there is simply no comparison in the general quality of food.

Not blaming Disney so much. In a country where the Cheesecake Factory and Applebee's are extremely popular, they're fighting an uphill battle to try to do different on a resort-wide basis.

Hockey89

I'll be blunt...with certain regional exceptions, the overall tastes of the US public tends toward bland, sugary and texture-less. Having lived in Europe, there is simply no comparison in the general quality of food.

Not blaming Disney so much. In a country where the Cheesecake Factory and Applebee's are extremely popular, they're fighting an uphill battle to try to do different on a resort-wide basis.
No question about it. Outside of big cities, I couldn't agree more.. (LA/NYC/Chicago ect)

danyoung56

Believe it or not, I actually agree with my friend Hockey89 (and that's rare!). I wish Disney would go out on a limb a bit more with their choices of food, the spices and sauces they use, etc. But when the average family wants burgers and chicken fingers, well, I'm happy to get the food that they DO serve.

Hockey89

Believe it or not, I actually agree with my friend Hockey89 (and that's rare!). I wish Disney would go out on a limb a bit more with their choices of food, the spices and sauces they use, etc. But when the average family wants burgers and chicken fingers, well, I'm happy to get the food that they DO serve.
Epcot.... You are showcasing countries from around the world, so lets see their true food and open our minds and palates.. Just frustrates me...

I get your point and it is an uphill battle... I don't think it would work, but the USA has made huge gains in food...Just hasn't hit everywhere...

Hockey89

No , it is not, sorry all you people that like that California stuff, and no a hard shell is just not called a taco it is called a chalupa, and there is such a thing as Tex mex. No self respecting south Texas hispanic would serve any of that stuff your calling Mexican food.
Says the person that wants a Taco Salad which is not served in any home in Mexico.

Soft shells is what is sold all over Mexico… I'm not talking California or tex mex.…

Heppenheimer

Epcot.... You are showcasing countries from around the world, so lets see their true food and open our minds and palates.. Just frustrates me...

I get your point and it is an uphill battle... I don't think it would work, but the USA has made huge gains in food...Just hasn't hit everywhere...
In the 80s, Epcot was actually in the vanguard of Middle America, believe it or not. Moroccan food? Sushi was still mostly confined to a few coastal cities and viewed with complete suspicion everywhere else. The pre-princess Akershus smorgasbord offered a selection of pickled and smoked fish, as well as venison.

Now, overall, the quality of the food at Disney World has improved since those days, when most eateries served little more than burgers and fries, but unfortunately, Epcot has taken more than a few steps backwards to accommodate picky eaters.

Hockey89

In the 80s, Epcot was actually in the vanguard of Middle America, believe it or not. Moroccan food? Sushi was still mostly confined to a few coastal cities and viewed with complete suspicion everywhere else. The pre-princess Akershus smorgasbord offered a selection of pickled and smoked fish, as well as venison.

Now, overall, the quality of the food at Disney World has improved since those days, when most eateries served little more than burgers and fries, but unfortunately, Epcot has taken more than a few steps backwards to accommodate picky eaters.
I was born in 1981, so some of that was totally lost on me at the time. I never had sushi at that age bc where I grew up there was none... That has changed so much in 30 years across the country which is why I think Disney could get more "traditional" food at Epcot.

Beacon Joe

1. Monte Cristo

2. Disneyland mint juleps

3. Gator (the first time I had it was at the Grand Floridian circa 1989. I was disappointed to see that it was no longer offered when I went back decades later)

4. Banana empanada (maybe my memory is bad, but I swear that we used to get these in Disneyland in the early 80s. They were delicious)

Beacon Joe

I was thinking more what I grew up eating (though it will never be as good as my moms) like Adobo, Asado, Lumpia, Pancit, Pinakbet, Sinigang and of course Bibingka

Busch Gardens Williamsburg had a Filipino booth during their Food & Wine Festival, which got mixed reviews. They had adobo, siopao, and mamon. The problem with Filipino food is that restaurants never seem to be as good as what comes out of your mom or your tita's kitchen.

Though I know of a local diner that serves a version of dinuguan that you could serve to unknowing westerners at a Disney Food & Wine and it would be a hit. They'd just have to refuse to name the ingredients and call it tangy chocolate pork or something like that. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom