Any current pictures of the Galaxy Palace Theater

Lee

Adventurer
As of about 3 weeks ago, the theatre was pretty much gone, and they were building a concrete wall under the TTA track in front of the entrance.

Chape19714

NewParkingLot82004.jpg

Sorry..couldn't resist.

:lol:

Please note this is not an actual picture of what is now Galaxy Palace Parking.

Lee

Adventurer
Three weeks ago, the view under the TTA towards what used to be Galaxy Palace:

Attachments

• galaxy.JPG
    galaxy.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 69

Captain Chaos

So, we are going to have a view of a themed brick wall... No doubt, the wall will have cracks in it and a stitch decal coming out of a hole....

MissM

February 8th - This is a shot of the wall from TTA:

galaxy-theater-feb0809.jpg

February 18th - I broke the rules and briefly "stood up" a bit on the TTA so I could take this shot blind over the wall looking down into where the Galaxy Theater used to be. Came out pretty good for not seeing what I was pointing at!

galaxy-theater-feb1809.jpg

That's the most recent update I have. I was there two weeks in a row for birthdays.

KablamBoom

Original Poster

February 18th - I broke the rules and briefly "stood up" a bit on the TTA so I could take this shot blind over the wall looking down into where the Galaxy Theater used to be. Came out pretty good for not seeing what I was pointing at!

galaxy-theater-feb1809.jpg

That's the most recent update I have. I was there two weeks in a row for birthdays.

Hopefully they can think of something to put around the entrance,or else visitors are just going to be seeing the wall of extinction for the rest of the year. :zipit:

Rob562

I find this shot quite interesting for a couple reasons... It's not just a wall they're building. There's at least one opening in it. Look on the right-hand side. That's an archway/doorway.
And in the back center you can see that there's another wall a little ways behind the front wall. It may be nothing. It may just be a new backstage entrance/exit for CMs, and that rear "wall" is just a visual break like at the other backstage exits. Or they'll be doors that will only be used for maintenance crews overnight.

But, could this be an entire building they're putting up? There had been talk back before the demolition even began that they were putting in some kind of a character Meet n Greet in this area. It could be a green room for the characters.

Or..... What if this is the construction of temporary (or permanent) bathrooms so that they can finally do something with the old skyway building without eliminating the potty capacity in Tomorrowland?

(A small bit of something in the back of my mind seems to remember someone with inside info on here alluding to the theater's removal being partly to lay the groundwork for future Tomorrowland development, but not necessarily for an attraction in the theater's location)

-Rob

Chape19714

I find this shot quite interesting for a couple reasons... It's not just a wall they're building. There's at least one opening in it. Look on the right-hand side. That's an archway/doorway.
And in the back center you can see that there's another wall a little ways behind the front wall. It may be nothing. It may just be a new backstage entrance/exit for CMs, and that rear "wall" is just a visual break like at the other backstage exits. Or they'll be doors that will only be used for maintenance crews overnight.

But, could this be an entire building they're putting up? There had been talk back before the demolition even began that they were putting in some kind of a character Meet n Greet in this area. It could be a green room for the characters.

Or..... What if this is the construction of temporary (or permanent) bathrooms so that they can finally do something with the old skyway building without eliminating the potty capacity in Tomorrowland?

(A small bit of something in the back of my mind seems to remember someone with inside info on here alluding to the theater's removal being partly to lay the groundwork for future Tomorrowland development, but not necessarily for an attraction in the theater's location)

-Rob
It will just be gates. The theatre had them as well, to the far right of the seating. It's just being put in the center this time.

brkgnews

It will just be gates. The theatre had them as well, to the far right of the seating. It's just being put in the center this time.
And if nothing else, the gates could eventually be retrofitted rather easily for an attraction / meet-n-greet entrance if needs be.

jmuboy

And if nothing else, the gates could eventually be retrofitted rather easily for an attraction / meet-n-greet entrance if needs be.

looks like the area in front of the gates will become a meet-n-greet location.

Thanksfully, no new attractions. that would be too much for us to handle ;-)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom