Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

J4546

In terms of full immersive area buildouts, there hasnt been too many immersive lands built in any US parks in the last 10 years.
Cars land in 2012 which is great.
New Fantasyland in 2012-2014 which is great.
Harry Potter Land in 2014 which is great.
Toy Story Land in 2016 which is ok.
Pandora in 2017 which is great.
Galaxies Edge in 2019 which is great.
Avengers Campus in 2021 which is good.
France Pavilion Expansion in 2021 whish is good (i know its not an entire new land but its a solid phase 2 with an immersive area)
Im probably missing some, Im just trying to think of immersive areas, not single rides.

Anyways...
I like Galaxies edge even though Im not a fan of smugglers run. I think the land is very immersive and feels great at night, I consider it way better than Harry Potter, but I also like harry potter land as well and really enjoy they drone show. I cant wait to see what comes next!

Movielover

It’s really weird to me how the consensus here seems like Galaxy’s Edge needs more Star Wars OT characters but also that a Black Panther land could work without Black Panther
Its because to many on here they consider Star Wars to just be the 3 original movies and nothing else, and are incapable of opening their minds to new stories or characters. Look at The Last Jedi, it took the story in a different direction and had a fantastic character arc and story for Luke, including Luke using the force in ways we've never seen before. Plus in the end he saves the Resistance and stalls Kylo Ren without taking a single life arguably the most Jedi thing ever, but for many they just wanted a boring "Luke kills everyone with a lightsaber and has no change or depth" story. Its so limited and close minded.

And cue the crying backlash in 3... 2... 1...

Last edited:

Phicinfan

In terms of full immersive area buildouts, there hasnt been too many immersive lands built in any US parks in the last 10 years.
Cars land in 2012 which is great. - YES
New Fantasyland in 2012-2014 which is great. - YES
Harry Potter Land in 2014 which is great. Great? I would say better than Great
Toy Story Land in 2016 which is ok. - yup
Pandora in 2017 which is great. - yup
Galaxies Edge in 2019 which is great. - I think they underdid this - cut out 3rd ride and better layout with move to areas they chose
Avengers Campus in 2021 which is good. - I am not willing to say good here....
France Pavilion Expansion in 2021 whish is good (i know its not an entire new land but its a solid phase 2 with an immersive area) - time will tell but yes
Im probably missing some, Im just trying to think of immersive areas, not single rides.

Anyways...
I like Galaxies edge even though Im not a fan of smugglers run. I think the land is very immersive and feels great at night, I consider it way better than Harry Potter, but I also like harry potter land as well and really enjoy they drone show. I cant wait to see what comes next!
Modified above... ;)

Bocabear

Its because to many on here they consider Star Wars to just be the 3 original movies and nothing else, and are incapable of opening their minds to new stories or characters. Look at The Last Jedi, it took the story in a different direction and had a fantastic character arc and story for Luke, including Luke using the force in ways we've never seen before. Plus in the end he saves the Resistance and stalls Kylo Ren without taking a single life arguably the most Jedi thing ever, but for many they just wanted a boring "Luke kills everyone with a lightsaber and has no change or depth" story. Its so limited and close minded.

And cue the crying backlash in 3... 2... 1...
Star Wars was the first three movies for many of us...and it was the only time that the source material seemed fun instead of dreary and violent... Galaxy's Edge lacks fun whimsy and humor... It is a battle scarred planet base in brown and gray. ROTR is a great ride... The rest of the land to me lacks...unless you are a die-hard Star Wars fan

G00fyDad

Star Wars was the first three movies for many of us...and it was the only time that the source material seemed fun instead of dreary and violent... Galaxy's Edge lacks fun whimsy and humor... It is a battle scarred planet base in brown and gray. ROTR is a great ride... The rest of the land to me lacks...unless you are a die-hard Star Wars fan

I am and to be honest, GE is the ONLY reason we are going back. I could not live life without experiencing it at least once. :)

dsinclair

Ah, that trademark whimsy that Star Wars is known for.

When going in Oct 2019, my family didn't go on any ride, and had to skip our reservation at Oga's but we all still enjoyed it, thought it was immersive. I'm not a diehard Star Wars fan, neither is my wife, nor was my toddler who was 2.5 at the time.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
DHS will never get an Avengers Campus but that doesn't mean there can't be a Marvel land. Sure it won't be any of Stark's old warehouses but then what could it be? What do you find in Florida when you read Marvel comics...the NEXUS of realities, a portal to the multiverse. A good idea to still make a Marvel land but this time mixing all the Marvel heroes allowed in WDW : Doctor Strange, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Eternals, the TVA from the tv series Loki, etc.

The Storyline could be something like : "When building DHS, the imagineers built the park on a strange swamp from which emanated strong cosmic radiation. The gates of the multiverse have awakened again and Doctor Strange needs you to contain the anomaly."
After watching the ep 1 of Loki, I could see TVA in the Tower of Terror and easily fit in with old Hollywood.
Rock-n-Roller Coaster could be a Nexus portal.

I'm sure as this series continues and other Marvel TV shows & movies release, I'll watch them and think how each can fit in WDW.

doctornick

DHS will never get an Avengers Campus but that doesn't mean there can't be a Marvel land. Sure it won't be any of Stark's old warehouses but then what could it be? What do you find in Florida when you read Marvel comics...the NEXUS of realities, a portal to the multiverse. A good idea to still make a Marvel land but this time mixing all the Marvel heroes allowed in WDW : Doctor Strange, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Eternals, the TVA from the tv series Loki, etc.

The Storyline could be something like : "When building DHS, the imagineers built the park on a strange swamp from which emanated strong cosmic radiation. The gates of the multiverse have awakened again and Doctor Strange needs you to contain the anomaly."
View attachment 562436View attachment 562437

This is my back of the envelop thought for a DHS Marvel land...

Make it based on Hong Kong, it will have East Asian architecture and elements. Not only will that be a distinct area for DHS but will allow for some food variation by having Chinese food and could also have a cart with stuff like Mr. Kamal's.

Since we know there is one of the Sanctum Sanctorum in Hong Kong, they can have an actual replica of that housing a Dr. Strange attraction. Could be a show like Cali I suppose.

Obviously, being in China, this can be home to Shang-Chi and there can be a ride as he fights the Mandarin. Not only would this tie into an upcoming film, but would lean well into the "inclusion" initiative. Does anyone know of a good attraction that has a martial arts basis? Seems like a stunt show might work best but it would interesting to have something with the Mandarin using his rings and their powers.

And then, why not have The Eternals appearing as well? They could theoretically appear anywhere and there's enough variation among their powers/stories/appearances that they can fit into a lot of different ride concepts. I'd love to see Disney finally come up with a superhero ride that actually rivals Uni's Spider-Man and I think this could be how to do it effectively

Then you have a "game" like Agent P/Treasures of the Seven Seas around the land based on being a SHIELD or SWORD agent and fighting an enemy up to no good (Hydra if they can be used, AIM, Ten Rings if you want to lean more heavily into the Mandarin/movies, whatever)

Just kind of spitballing, but I think that this would feel more nature than the generic Avengers Campus concept and would be able to use properties that Disney can use in WDW.

(Being really ambitious, if they could reach an agreement ($$$) to use Iron Man - who isn't used in Uni so it seems in the realm of very unlikely but not impossible - they could easily clone the Iron Man ride from HKDL to use. It's already based in Hong Hong.)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
After watching the ep 1 of Loki, I could see TVA in the Tower of Terror and easily fit in with old Hollywood.
Rock-n-Roller Coaster could be a Nexus portal.

I'm sure as this series continues and other Marvel TV shows & movies release, I'll watch them and think how each can fit in WDW.
Loki is part of the Avenger's 'family' and thus, cannot appear in WDW because of the contract with Universal.

Supers that can appear in WDW: Doctor Strange, Guardians (possibly minus Drax), Incredibles, Big Hero Six, Defenders, Deadpool, Agents of Shield.

And coming soon to theaters/D+.... The Eternals, Shang-chi, Blade, Moon Knight, Echo,

Some of them are more amenable to a Disney park than others.

G00fyDad

Loki is part of the Avenger's 'family' and thus, cannot appear in WDW because of the contract with Universal.

Supers that can appear in WDW: Doctor Strange, Guardians (possibly minus Drax), Incredibles, Big Hero Six, Defenders, Deadpool, Agents of Shield.

And coming soon to theaters/D+.... The Eternals, Shang-chi, Blade, Moon Knight, Echo,

Some of them are more amenable to a Disney park than others.

LOL Could you imagine Deadpool in a Disney park? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Phicinfan

LOL Could you imagine Deadpool in a Disney park? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
All joking aside?
It would be a HUGE draw for males ages 14 - 20 or more. Which Princesses don't draw.

I can see it now, a dark ride showing the journey of Dead Pool traveling through time fixing all the time line issues for X-men without showing any of the X-men since they can't be there :D

G00fyDad

All joking aside?
It would be a HUGE draw for males ages 14 - 20 or more. Which Princesses don't draw.

I can see it now, a dark ride showing the journey of Dead Pool traveling through time fixing all the time line issues for X-men without showing any of the X-men since they can't be there :D

I guess I am thinking of his mouth and general "adult" attitude from the movies. Never read Deadpool comics as a kid (if he was even around in the 70's) so I am not sure how he was in print.

keyframe

I have thoroughly enjoyed Galaxy’s Edge, especially ROTR and Smuggler’s Run. I’m looking forward to see how the land grows and evolves. As a fan of all nine mainline movies since the original was released in theaters, plus Rogue One, Solo, and all of the Clone Wars, Bad Batch, Mandalorian, etc series…I’d be excited to see characters from any of them make an appearance.

But it would also be great to see Black Spire populated with off-world Jawas that are constantly trying to barter random pins with you, unusual pack animals milling around a water hole, droids toiling about, and maybe even the occasional unique-to-the-land bounty hunter scouting for his target by mingling with the crowd for clues. Let’s see someone driving a small landspeeder through the streets, or a squad of unique stormtroopers that are specialized for this specific environment. These elements are all completely timeless and would fit in regardless of what mainline characters appear.

G00fyDad

I have thoroughly enjoyed Galaxy’s Edge, especially ROTR and Smuggler’s Run. I’m looking forward to see how the land grows and evolves. As a fan of all nine mainline movies since the original was released in theaters, plus Rogue One, Solo, and all of the Clone Wars, Bad Batch, Mandalorian, etc series…I’d be excited to see characters from any of them make an appearance.

But it would also be great to see Black Spire populated with off-world Jawas that are constantly trying to barter random pins with you, unusual pack animals milling around a water hole, droids toiling about, and maybe even the occasional unique-to-the-land bounty hunter scouting for his target by mingling with the crowd for clues. Let’s see someone driving a small landspeeder through the streets, or a squad of unique stormtroopers that are specialized for this specific environment. These elements are all completely timeless and would fit in regardless of what mainline characters appear.

I for one want to see how they would pull that one off. :)

keyframe

I for one want to see how they would pull that one off.

Honestly, it wouldn’t take much to create the illusion of a landspeeder. A low slung chasis with wheels set deep inboard to keep them out of sight lines would be the simplest solution. Or for something a little more complex and realistic, start with a personal, single seat hovercraft as a base to build from.

Movielover

I for one want to see how they would pull that one off. :)

Honestly, it wouldn’t take much to create the illusion of a landspeeder. A low slung chasis with wheels set deep inboard to keep them out of sight lines would be the simplest solution. Or for something a little more complex and realistic, start with a personal, single seat hovercraft as a base to build from.
Mirrors over the wheels set a a certain angle would create the effect as well. Its one of the ways they achieved the landspeeder effect in A New Hope.

keyframe

Mirrors over the wheels set a a certain angle would create the effect as well. Its one of the ways they achieved the landspeeder effect in A New Hope.

That’s true. The original did use practical effects to hide the wheels. The ride height was taller to clear the wheels they used on the prop vehicle. That approach could work with adjustments made to accommodate the view from close up.

4B98A160-6B7C-477F-B43D-B7FCF0A1D33A.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom