Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

A slightly more ambitious guess.
  • Pathway created linking this new area to the animation courtyard
  • The quick-service food food stands on Sunset boulevard are re-themed after Pixar properties. Similar to Pixar Pier.
  • A new attraction is added to the area (family friendly ride with no height limit).

Janir

Focus will turn to EPCOT, hopefully. Only a few more years until its 40th.

That said, Disney Studios itself will probably begin the Fox immersion once that deal is finished.

And I still think we need a land devoted to the Muppets at DHS, even if it's a pipe dream.
I think you got this hit right on the head. EPCOT. Not as grand as a SWGE land project but they are already looking at the Play area and other new things, just not a big brand new full on LAND. But enough updating to keep EPCOT fresh.

Surferboy567

WARNING: THIS THREAD IS EXTREMELY LONG AND IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE LONGEST REPLIES I HAVE EVER WRITTEN with that...read on

Since I'm going around and spreading my thoughts in lots of different threads recently I thought I drop some of mine in here as well...so I guess I'm bumping this thread. I'm gonna split this up into multiple sections to keep it organized and pull in relevant quotes others have said.

Side Note: Lots of these ideas are going to be CONTROVERSIAL so I ask before you throw your pitch forks and scream at me just hear me out...

This is probably gonna be a long one so just like my recent post in the runaway railway...Here...We...Go!

Animation Courtyard:
Out with the old and in with the new that's kinda the general theme for all my ideas but it applies to this one even more so.

I want to see this area rethemed to Monsters Inc (the factory and maybe surrounding areas) the only problem I see with my idea is how Disney can handle the lands of main strip into...Monsters Inc and then into Toy Story I'm sure they can do it but that's one of the big problems I see.

*My general idea of this land is way too ambitious and probably unrealistic but some version of this would be nice

The way I see this mapped out is the big landmark is (obviously the factory) when you enter the land (where mermaid and Disney Junior are now) you are in the streets of monstropolis and the factory looms ahead. On your left or right where mermaid and Disney Junior are now you have Harryhausen's the sushi restaurant from the film (bringing a unique flavor to HWS). Maybe on the other side of Harryhausen's you have the Mike and Sulley meet and greet everyone wants back in the studios...now that we got the city out of the way let's talk about the factory.

The factory is truly massive and sits where the old animation building (and launch bay) now sit. In this factory their are TWO ATTRACTIONS (I know it's unrealistic but hey I said if the general idea of this comes to pass I'll be happy) The first is the Laugh Floor from MK being brought over with a few changes here and there (More MU Tie-In's and Tie-In's with the new show coming to Disney +) since the show takes place IN THE LAUGH FLOOR it makes sense. And of course the second attraction...is the Door attraction, the attraction I have wanted for so long...it's a roller coaster though the Door Vault of Monsters Inc. This is my general idea for the Animation Courtyard.

Regarding the Incredibles...

It's fairly obvious the Incredibles need some kinda representation in the parks, maybe instead of the idea of Monsters Inc they do Incredibles instead? (I really like the idea of Monsters area though). I feel like their is a possibility the incredicoaster takes over Rock N Roll...now before you type in the comments

can't think of any twdc ip that wouldn't be an improvement over aerosmith.
honestly. no, seriously - especially at dhs... and i like me the occasional sprinkle of actual aerosmith music
personal distaste for that thing is such i consider a new theme higher priority than capacity for capex on the park!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
😝

OR

Please stop with the "incredicoaster". Until ANY re-theme of RnRC is confirmed, why sadden people this way?? ;)

(btw no offense to you two but I feel like this is the response I would get...)

RnR is going to go...eventually

and as @MisterPenguin has said:

Are you referring to the rumored Monsters Doors Coaster?

That coaster was rumored to part of a Monsters Inc land and then somehow became a rumored replacement for RnRC. But, it can't be. The Doors coaster is a hanging coaster and RnRC is cars on tracks.

It doesn't look like that would even work...for Monsters but for the Incredicoaster it could...like I said before fresh new IP out with the old in with the new. They would probably want to retheme the entire strip along with Rock N Roll but it's an idea.

Fantasmic:
Refresh (much like they did in DL)

Echo Lake:
Literally no change here...yet of course I want more Indy here but since it looks like ST is staying and Indy isn't coming in then this land isn't changing till ST does. When it does change...though full Indy mini-land with a retheme of ST into Indy.

Bonus Epcot Round (I have more Epcot ideas but since I have to shorten this thread some how I'll only list a few here)
This thread does say "after galaxy's edge" doesn't say it has to be in the studios.

Imagination:
All right guys...I'm gonna say it replace Figment with Inside Out. It's so obvious to put this in Imagination I know on top of all the Rock N Roll fans I'm going to get the Imagination fans hating me also but hey...it's an idea. So keep figment (as a good character not a pest) in the ride with the Inside Out cast.

The Seas:
Keep everything just retheme it to the Marine Life Institute

UK:
PUT POPPINS IN THE UK

If you made it all the way to the end...thanks for reading all my ideas. I just can't wait to see the comments I'm gonna get on this one...just remember I know these ideas are ambitious but...they are just ideas I can see some of these happening without big lands (less ambious monstropolis)

Last edited:

jt04

WARNING: THIS THREAD IS EXTREMELY LONG AND IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE LONGEST REPLIES I HAVE EVER WRITTEN with that...read on

Since I'm going around and spreading my thoughts in lots of different threads recently I thought I drop some of mine in here as well...so I guess I'm bumping this thread. I'm gonna split this up into multiple sections to keep it organized and pull in relevant quotes others have said.

Side Note: Lots of these ideas are going to be CONTROVERSIAL so I ask before you throw your pitch forks and scream at me just hear me out...

This is probably gonna be a long one so just like my recent post in the runaway railway...Here...We...Go!

Animation Courtyard:
Out with the old and in with the new that's kinda the general theme for all my ideas but it applies to this one even more so.

I want to see this area rethemed to Monsters Inc (the factory and maybe surrounding areas) the only problem I see with my idea is how Disney can handle the lands of main strip into...Monsters Inc and then into Toy Story I'm sure they can do it but that's one of the big problems I see.

*My general idea of this land is way too ambitious and probably unrealistic but some version of this would be nice

The way I see this mapped out is the big landmark is (obviously the factory) when you enter the land (where mermaid and Disney Junior are now) you are in the streets of monstropolis and the factory looms ahead. On your left or right where mermaid and Disney Junior are now you have Harryhausen's the sushi restaurant from the film (bringing a unique flavor to HWS). Maybe on the other side of Harryhausen's you have the Mike and Sulley meet and greet everyone wants back in the studios...now that we got the city out of the way let's talk about the factory.

The factory is truly massive and sits where the old animation building (and launch bay) now sit. In this factory their are TWO ATTRACTIONS (I know it's unrealistic but hey I said if the general idea of this comes to pass I'll be happy) The first is the Laugh Floor from MK being brought over with a few changes here and there (More MU Tie-In's and Tie-In's with the new show coming to Disney +) since the show takes place IN THE LAUGH FLOOR it makes sense. And of course the second attraction...is the Door attraction, the attraction I have wanted for so long...it's a roller coaster though the Door Vault of Monsters Inc. This is my general idea for the Animation Courtyard.

Regarding the Incredibles...

It's fairly obvious the Incredibles need some kinda representation in the parks, maybe instead of the idea of Monsters Inc they do Incredibles instead? (I really like the idea of Monsters area though). I feel like their is a possibility the incredicoaster takes over Rock N Roll...now before you type in the comments

OR

(btw no offense to you two but I feel like this is the response I would get...)

RnR is going to go...eventually

and as @MisterPenguin has said:

It doesn't look like that would even work...for Monsters but for the Incredicoaster it could...like I said before fresh new IP out with the old in with the new. They would probably want to retheme the entire strip along with Rock N Roll but it's an idea.

Fantasmic:
Refresh (much like they did in DL)

Echo Lake:
Literally no change here...yet of course I want more Indy here but since it looks like ST is staying and Indy isn't coming in then this land isn't changing till ST does. When it does change...though full Indy mini-land with a retheme of ST into Indy.

Bonus Epcot Round (I have more Epcot ideas but since I have to shorten this thread some how I'll only list a few here)
This thread does say "after galaxy's edge" doesn't say it has to be in the studios.

Imagination:
All right guys...I'm gonna say it replace Figment with Inside Out. It's so obvious to put this in Imagination I know on top of all the Rock N Roll fans I'm going to get the Imagination fans hating me also but hey...it's an idea. So keep figment (as a good character not a pest) in the ride with the Inside Out cast.

The Seas:

UK:
PUT POPPINS IN THE UK

If you made it all the way to the end...thanks for reading all my ideas. I just can't wait to see the comments I'm gonna get on this one...just remember I know these ideas are ambitious but...they are just ideas I can see some of these happening without big lands (less ambious monstropolis)

I think the scope of what you are doing is likely pretty close around Sunset but you forgot about the BATB stage/expansion pad.

Your ideas for Future World are too cautious. It will likely be very different 5+ years from now.

IMO.

Surferboy567

I think the scope of what you are doing is likely pretty close around Sunset but you forgot about the BATB stage/expansion pad.

Your ideas for Future World are too cautious. It will likely be very different 5+ years from now.

IMO.

Your right...for Beauty and the Beast I could see Tangled coming in..that is if they don't retheme the entire area into a pixar mini land. If they do that then a Pixar attraction could go there.
Future World will be so different I have to base it off what's there now but I get what you are saying (besides Imagination and Poppins everything else is just guidelines those two I can see happening)

jt04

A slightly more ambitious guess.
  • Pathway created linking this new area to the animation courtyard
  • The quick-service food food stands on Sunset boulevard are re-themed after Pixar properties. Similar to Pixar Pier.
  • A new attraction is added to the area (family friendly ride with no height limit).
View attachment 354516

I agree Incredicoaster or possibly Doctor Strange. Electric Mayhem Band is my dark horse.

MaximumEd

Electric Mayhem Band? They don’t know what to do with the Muppets presence they have now, much less re-theming an E ticket for them. No way, no how.

ppete1975

Imagination:

The Seas:
inside out with dreamfinder and figment (including the vehicle and a nod to the original song) is only way I'm ok with this.

And honestly you are over Ip'ing especially with Pixar for my taste.

But really good ideas. I really wish they would go the opposite with the seas and go more towards edutainment, it is after all a real aquarium, why not use that to their advantage.

jt04

inside out with dreamfinder and figment (including the vehicle and a nod to the original song) is only way I'm ok with this.

And honestly you are over Ip'ing especially with Pixar for my taste.

But really good ideas. I really wish they would go the opposite with the seas and go more towards edutainment, it is after all a real aquarium, why not use that to their advantage.

IPs are the only things that get greenlit.
People want Pixar content. DHS is the best fit.
What happens to the The Seas should be as radical as what happened to Energy.
Same for Imagination.
Imagineering was directed to think big for this overhaul.

Not putting make-up on obsolete pavilions seems a good starting point. IMO.

ppete1975

IPs are the only things that get greenlit.
People want Pixar content. DHS is the best fit.
What happens to the The Seas should be as radical as what happened to Energy.
Same for Imagination.
Imagineering was directed to think big for this overhaul.

Not putting make-up on obsolete pavilions seems a good starting point. IMO.
Think big=draw some nice pictures then we will look at the budget decide we really dont want to spend money so instead add bunting and a new meet and greet :)
My point about too much Pixar is there is a lot of older Pixar and some newer Disney that would be good fits as well, wall-e big hero six etc. I'm surprised you didn't mention cars land, which honestly would blow away anything else they could do as far as cloning.
As far as the seas, I really wonder how the aquariums are holding up, as old as it is now if they are going to have to put a lot of money into maintaining or redoing a portion of it, I can see them demoing and starting over. IF you gave them the option of millions of dollars to restore/improve the aquariums that they don't use or repurposing the space I think we know what they would choose.

Btw I wasn't talking of makeup, I'm talking strip everything out of the seas and make it into a world class aquarium, you could still do nemo and some other things but do learning experiments as well (but we all know that side of epcot is dead so it wont happen)
As far as imagination, make it inside out but you could include the characters of figment and dreamfinder into the adventure.... heck maybe they are in figments head. Dream huge, but a nod to those characters would sell a lot of merchandise and add another base to who rides the ride.

I don't think we need simple overlays longterm because honestly, after you ride them a few times the newness is over, we need rides and attractions that will become must rides and timeless. At the same time if you have rides that draw no one, then a little makeup until they get totally redone can make more people ride them and remove them from other queues.

Last edited:

Boo Birds

Sorry if this has been covered, but does anyone know how much space DHS has to expand. By my observations it is the most landlocked park with roads and resorts surrounding it. Can they expand or do they have to demo and replace? I would also love to see a better flow where as it’s not a dead end at the end of Sunset Blvd. IMO this is the biggest problem is the poor flow of the park.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry if this has been covered, but does anyone know how much space DHS has to expand. By my observations it is the most landlocked park with roads and resorts surrounding it. Can they expand or do they have to demo and replace? I would also love to see a better flow where as it’s not a dead end at the end of Sunset Blvd. IMO this is the biggest problem is the poor flow of the park.

Well...they didn’t really consider expanding the footprint before doing all the work outside of the gates....so I think that pretty much explains they’re thoughts on expansion.

What’s being built right now is just to get Bob Iger to retirement. I hate to be that blunt about it...but that’s it

NiarrNDisney

TBH the footlong carolina dog at dockside diner is a must try most trips for me(shredded pork and coleslaw on top)

I'll take your word for it! (Can't eat pork or red meat due to health reasons so I am primarily pescatarian)

Now there's just a couple TS, 6+ CS restaurants and umpteen QS places that need new options and or better quality food in general.

Last edited:

Purduevian

Can't seem to find satellite view with SWGE construction... but here are some of the expansion pads for DHS:
1) SWGE berm: the land between SWGE and MMRR has enough room for a 3rd giant attraction in the land
2)SWGE Triangle: In the south west corner of the park there is a little triangle bordered by SWGE, world drive, and the entrance road to DHS
3) BatB land: Basically the BatB theater is on an awkward diagonal that takes up a ton of room. The theater could be moved/ rotated and open up a fair amount of space for expansion
4) Backstage: A huge section of back stage area that used to be used for the studio tour, but is now just offices. The offices could be moved elsewhere and the park could expand. This is the land between Animation Courtyard and RnRC
5) North of Lightning McQueen Racing Academy (LMRC? never seen anyone abbreviate it): Large forested area north of the Academy that could be expanded onto. would require moving of some backstage roads
6)Indy Parking lot: Basically the parking lot behind Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular was almost used for Star Wars. This could either be a demo of the show with expansion, or a demo of backlot express to give access to the lot.
7) Area between ToT and Fantasmic: some backstage stuff going on, but already has a path going right next to it.

I'm sure there are more, but that's what I know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom