Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

SteamboatJoe

The overall point is the same... there is plenty of stuff in DHS that needs refreshing for a few years post Galaxies Edge opening.
5 years down the line, they might need a GE expansion to keep them coming, and to expand the park through Launch Bay and around to R+RC... but improving what is already there is a more sensible move for now.
Completely agree, lots of underutilized space.

Franklin47disneyguy

The overall point is the same... there is plenty of stuff in DHS that needs refreshing for a few years post Galaxies Edge opening.
5 years down the line, they might need a GE expansion to keep them coming, and to expand the park through Launch Bay and around to R+RC... but improving what is already there is a more sensible move for now.

More like 2 years from now

jaxonp

I feel like Buzz is a special case in that it can exist separately from the usual Toy Story area. Toy Story Land in Shanghai was not build far off from the park's grand opening, which included a Buzz attraction. I'm sure they had at least some idea that TSL would be coming in the future and the ride is different enough that it can warrant being in another land or park.

Buzz in Shanghai could easily be changed to other IPs in the Marvel Universe but I know the Chinese like Toy Story, a lot! What's interesting is that TSM wasn't apart of TSL.

mccgavin

Buzz in Shanghai could easily be changed to other IPs in the Marvel Universe but I know the Chinese like Toy Story, a lot! What's interesting is that TSM wasn't apart of TSL.
It's too new for them to consider re-theming it, and the fact that TSL opened so soon after the park's opening shows that Disney does not care about the slight discrepancy in theming. They knew that TSL would be the first expansion when building the park (as it was intended to be built for opening, but was delayed), and yet they still chose to make a separate Buzz ride.

Timothy_Q

I expect the land left between TSL and Frozen Land in HKD to be used for TSM eventually.

Especially now that their Buzz is Marvel themed

mccgavin

I expect the land left between TSL and Frozen Land in HKD to be used for TSM eventually.

Especially now that their Buzz is Marvel themed
We were talking about Shanghai, but I still do agree with your point. I think most of the Toy Story Lands will get TSM at some point, it's just not high priority.

My best guess
  • The current Pixar Place becomes a backstage area
  • The entrance to Pixar Place is moved, replacing the entrance to the Rock-n-Rollercoaster area.
  • The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is re-themed to the Incredibles
  • This new Pixar Place area will include Pixar themed food and beverage / merchandise stands

rle4lunch

While the flow would be there to retheme RNRC to a Cars based coaster and turn the area into a mini carsland (with the racing academy next door) so to speak, it's hard to see how they could incoporate Cars into a coaster that goes inverted and corkscrews the way it does now. The only way I could see it working is if it was a Mater themed traincars with his Cars2 rocket upgrade on them...

So I would much rather it be an Incredicoaster with the traincars being Dash themed and him helping his family thru an adventure of some sort.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
While I love RNRC I dig your genera idea @GravityFalls.

If RNRC is rethemed I do think Monsters Inc may make more sense as a Monsters Inc show is coming to Disney+.

Are you referring to the rumored Monsters Doors Coaster?

That coaster was rumored to part of a Monsters Inc land and then somehow became a rumored replacement for RnRC. But, it can't be. The Doors coaster is a hanging coaster and RnRC is cars on tracks.

drod1985

Are you referring to the rumored Monsters Doors Coaster?

That coaster was rumored to part of a Monsters Inc land and then somehow became a rumored replacement for RnRC. But, it can't be. The Doors coaster is a hanging coaster and RnRC is cars on tracks.

My suggestion of Monsters Inc was less inspired by the Door coaster and more inspired by the choice to bring the Mike and Sully M&G back to DHS.

MickeyMinnieMom

My best guess
  • The current Pixar Place becomes a backstage area
  • The entrance to Pixar Place is moved, replacing the entrance to the Rock-n-Rollercoaster area.
  • The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is re-themed to the Incredibles
  • This new Pixar Place area will include Pixar themed food and beverage / merchandise stands
View attachment 354353
Please stop with the "incredicoaster". Until ANY re-theme of RnRC is confirmed, why sadden people this way?? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom