any benefit to getting a bottle outside the world?

ademello

We are going to POFQ in 10 days...yahoo. Other two time we have gone to Disney we stayed at the Caribbean. First time we went to a little convenience store and picked up some wine. Trying to have fun on a budget. Second time we bought some drinks in the resort convenience store. It's been several years since our last visit. Does anyone know if there is a liquor store we can get to from POFQ to get a bottle or two of wine to save some money? We have teenagers and plan on spending alot of couple time as they will be off having teen time! Can't wait!

bobjl527

Check out Goodings Supermarket at the CrossRoads shopping center. We picked up beer, liquor and wine there some years ago. A little pricey, but probably cheaper than buying at the resort.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

The only place within walking distance to get alcohol is the resort shop (most have a limited selection). They will be pricey though. If you want it I recommend going off property to a liquor store or supermarket (such as goodings) to get some. You can also wrap it up and put it in your checked baggage.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

There's a Publix off 192 over near AKL area. It's probably no more than a $15-$20 cab ride. That's your best bet. The other liquor stores around that area are just as bad as the stores at the resort!

Upvote 0

marine1

albertsons would be an excellent choice

i work at a albertsons store in pensacola florida. just dont turn your back on the wine in the shopping cart. i was putting it away and 3 bottles mystryiously vanished with the shopping cart. i was using to put them on the shelves. lucky for me my supervisor was really nice and understanding. of course i felt terrible for losing the bottles.

Upvote 0

phenom1307

theres a ABC liquor store on apopka vineland ave that is really cheap i think...if you go towards downtown disney and go down hotel blvd take a left once you leave property and itll be on your right

Upvote 0

phenom1307

if you hop on a boat at POFQ headed for downtown disney, get off at downtown disney and head for hotel blvd...and go down that until you reach apopka vineland and then go left for the abc liquor store. its only about a mile or so, not sure on the exact distance though.....you can do that same thing to go to goodings at the crossroads...when you go down hotel blvd and reach apopka vineland, crossroads is right across the street

Upvote 0

awalte7

I know when we stayed at the hawaiian maingate econolodge on irlo bronson highway(like 3 miles from DW) there was a liqour store/supermarket in the plaza right next to us. It was in stumbling distance from our hotel and they had a dceent selection of wine and liqour:goodnevil

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
You arrive 1 day before the Epcot Food and Wine festival starts. Just head over there on the 28th, taste a few, and pick up a couple bottles, and have them sent back to your resort. Pricing won't be great, but you'll get good quality and you can taste it first.

Otherwise, the off-site recomendation you've gotten are good. If you don't want to go off-site, you might try the "Sundries and Spirits" shop at the Contemporary, as it likely has a better selection than other resorts. Or, check out the Hess stations (across from Boardwalk or Downtown Disney). If I recall, they have a limited selection of (mostly cheap) wine, and at prices that are more like supermarket prices than Disney prices.

Upvote 0
I wanted to ask a similar question, so thanks for the replies. For the first time we're not bothering to hire a car for our next trip, just getting Magical Express to the resort and then going around on the WDW transportation. I'll be there for my 30th birthday so would like some wine in the room to celebrate, that evening, and couldn't remember whether you could actually buy any, anywhere on site - sounds like going to DTD Hotel Blvd and walking along it is the best option (assuming I can find it). Same problem with cigarette lighters - not allowed to take them on flights from the UK to USA, so I wonder where I'll find one of those!

Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
You can definitely pick up a cigarette lighter at the Hess station across the street from DTD.

Can you not even put your lighter in your checked baggage in the UK? Here, they just won't allow them in your carryon. I'm pretty sure that you can put them in your checked luggage, although not 100% certain--I seem to rembember DH packing matchbooks instead of a lighter. I don't smoke anymore, so I haven't kept up on the rules about this. :veryconfu

Upvote 0
You can definitely pick up a cigarette lighter at the Hess station across the street from DTD.

Can you not even put your lighter in your checked baggage in the UK? Here, they just won't allow them in your carryon. I'm pretty sure that you can put them in your checked luggage, although not 100% certain--I seem to rembember DH packing matchbooks instead of a lighter. I don't smoke anymore, so I haven't kept up on the rules about this. :veryconfu

No, you can't do that (I don't think you can do that anywhere any more). You can carry a lighter on your person onto the plane if you are going anywhere other than USA. Thanks for the Hess @ DTD tip. I can't really remember seeing that (though I 've never been looking for it) - I'll find it on a map!

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member

We flew to disney in August and we were allowed to have lighters in our carry on... It was nice for my Fiance who is a smoker, he could actually smoke at the airport and we didnt have to worry about buying him one when we got there...

Upvote 0

Thessair

i work at a albertsons store in pensacola florida. just dont turn your back on the wine in the shopping cart. i was putting it away and 3 bottles mystryiously vanished with the shopping cart. i was using to put them on the shelves. lucky for me my supervisor was really nice and understanding. of course i felt terrible for losing the bottles.

Pointlessly off-topic, but since Pensacola is my home town I have to give a little shout out. :D Are you at Bayou Blvd or Nine Mile?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom