Answer to Epic Universe?

JoeCamel

As long as they provide transportation, I really don't see any difference to WDWs 4 parks.
Each park is so spread out you can't walk to any of them.
Let's not forget that it can take 40-60 mins just to get to MKs turnstiles after you park your car.
That's some geography.
What Universal does miles better is transportation. They are not hampered by "blessings of size" so if you want to go somewhere else on property there is usually transport waiting for you vs other places where you wait for transportation. If the bus is ready to go and it is a 10 minute trip I don't care if I see I drive hotels and clutter, I'm on my way to a theme park or themed hotel.

Sir_Cliff

There is something to be said for a more compact resort even it it is more urban, with Disneyland perhaps a reasonable comparison as any third park would certainly require some travel from the centre of the current resort.

I do think it is hard for Universal to recreate the resort experience of WDW, though. Walt set up the resort well, with lakes and forests that do make it feel like a self-contained resort destination in addition to being a collection of theme parks and hotels. Sure you can take an Uber anywhere and you're not stuck at WDW, but WDW can also provide you the experience of feeling in your own little vacation kingdom away from the outside world if that's what you want. That's just harder for Universal to recreate, for example with Volcano Bay wedged right up against the highway and expansion requiring some travel along normal city roads.

It's not fatal here nor would it be if Disneyland chooses to build a third park. It is a disadvantage, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom