Anoying Guest Habits

barnum42

Originally posted by imagineer99
The thing that bugs me the most is when I see people in wheelchairs that don't have to be! For example, I saw a 12 year old sitting in a wheelchair. At first I thought he needed to be. Then, he gets up and starts running around like crazy.

Couple of possibilities here – either this is a case of someone abusing the system, or the wheelchair is for someone that is not totally confined to it. They may have gone to the bathroom and the kid decided to sit in it. (A number of people use wheelchairs or ECVs because they are unable to walk any distance, or staying on their feet for more than a few minutes can cause pain.)

disneydawg

The stroller parking jam in Fantasyland. I have never been there when it wasnt clogged. I feel sorry for the cm's who constantly have to monitor that area.

VILLAINSRULE

I just got back today, and wish I would have taken a can of deodorant to the parks---I have never encountered so many people with such offensive body odor in my life--not just the type of b.o. that people get cuz it's hot out and they have been perspiring for a few hours, but the b.o. that is sooo bad that you know these people have not seen the inside of a shower in days or possibly weeks!
oh, and the incense they burn in the stores in the Japan section o Epcot--too much in an unventilated area!
I must say that I hate the double strollers, mainly because so many of the parents who drive these monstrosities are completely oblivious to the fact that they block aisles in stores, knock things off the displays.....and they do use them as a battering ram for crowd control, be it consciously or not, the parents think that everyone should move out of their way..... And I find it most interesting that they need these things to take the kids around the park until about an hour or so before the parades--then the strollers magically transform into a "reserved" seat on Main Street----no one around there waiting for the parade, but a few minutes prior to parade time a family magically appears to claim the spot that their "much needed" stroller reserved for them....strollers should not be allowed to be left unattened like that--if they want to get a particular seat for a parade, then they should wait like everyone else, not use the stupid stroller as a place holder...........aarrrggghhhh!

mickeykid79

The wheelchair and EVC thing bugs me too, I'm sorry but if you suffer from back pain and foot ache, (except for being disable) You shouldn't be allow to go on attractions like Spalsh Mountain, Mission Space and Test Track.Even simple attractions like POTC.
Most of those guest think that by renting a chair they can get VIP treatment, and thats wrong!

I recently came back from EPCOT, and the one thing that got me annoyed was during Illuminations, the people along the front , on the rail, should SIT DOWN to allow the people in the back to view the show. I had a little girl in back of me, so i kindly sat down so she may view the show, but then the lady in front of me decided to stand up and remain standing. I asked a cast member, but she got distracted by another guest climbing over the landscaping. I then told the lady if she perhaps can sit so that the rest of the people can view, she told me that hey are sitting now, but when the show starts they'll stand up as well. I was about to ________ slap her. At that time the cast member came back and told the lady to sit, she repated the same cooment, the CM then respond by saying if you wish to stand i have to ask you to stand behind the group that are sitting. The lady sat down!:eek:

barnum42

You patiently wait for Illuminations to begin, and as soon as it starts some parent decides everyone standing behind them should look at the back of their off-sping's head by hoisting said sprog onto their shoulders.

Hower I notice I am no longer the only "bad man" who points out to the parent that this is not fair to all those behind.

However I am happy to let the rug rats take a place in front of me, just not on someone's shoulders.

RogueHabit

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
Small children have every right to go to WDW

Their rude parents do not........
I could not agree more, and I do hope that you are not accusing me of being rude...

I'm just a little sick of everyone complaining about strollers and tarnishing all parents with a single brush stroke.

The aim of my earlier posts was to illustrate that a lot of people swan around WDW, not looking where the hell they are going, walk into a stroller and then blame the person who was pushing the thing.

I can honestly say that the only times I have ever caught someone with a stroller is when they were not looking where they were going.

One classic example was a dumb kid who came sprinting out of a shop door on mainstreet and ran straight into the thing. I was IN THE MIDDLE of the street and he was looking backwards at his sibbling who was chasing him. Obviously that is my fault...:rolleyes:

I refuse to listen to people rack on strollers, one day they may have kids that they want to take to WDW and I hope that when they do they might become slightly more aware of how annoying it is when a bunch of teenagers walk straight in front of them without looking...

RogueHabit

Originally posted by GalacticGobbler
People who take up a seat on the bus with there F&%#@ing strollers.
Once again in agreement. We purposely bought a stroller that folded up nice and small so that it didn't have to take up a seat. Last year we saw a family who had brought this monster thing and it didn't even appear to fold. they got ever so upset when they were told they couldn't bring it on the car park transport...

I mean it would only take up about two seats and the were going to balance it so carefully...

GalacticGobbler

Here are a couple of others.

People who change diapers on benches and in other public places rather than using the restrooms.

Breastfeeding with no cover ((nice to see, but not in that context))

strobe

Large groups of children that feel the need to throw food and napkins at each other over top of the other guests heads!! Last time I was there, this happened at the American pavillion in Epcot (the one that serves hot dogs and burgers) - it was REALLY annoying. The time before that, it happened in Tomorrowland.

These weren't teenagers either, they were from a bunch of middle schools and the chaperones seemed to think it was just fine. So basically they distupted everyone elses lunch and created a huge mess for the cast members to clean up.

Very classy!! :mad:

jimmyzero

Three things that bother me about people at the parks:

A) People who let their unattended children run around,yelling and screaming like wild apes,in particular at the MK. Yes, I know WDW has the distinction of being "The Happiest Place On Earth", but have respect for other visitors around you. Before you leave home, teach your children about proper public behavior and common courtesy. I have a 4(now 5) yr old nephew who I took to the parks last summer and he behaved like a champ. Put alot of older children to shame, I tell you.

B) Old loud talkers on the monorail or bus. I dont mind you carrying on a conversation,but turn it down a little because not everyone wants to hear about Cousin Jack's "proceedure on his 'roids", esp. if their coming back a little "hung over" from pleasure island.

C) Foreign visitors who gripe and complain about everything. In particular I have noticed that arab and indian guest do this more than others nationalities. My advice: If you cant handle the way things are at the parks and resorts, leave. Disney will survive without your revenue.

lLoveDisney99

Don't know if this one's been posted yet but-
when you're standing in line for a ride and one person is holding a spot for about 10 people, and then when it's time to go in they all come running up! Argh :brick:

LeaveALegacyGuy

There are many things that bother me when i go to WDW:

1. I agree with most people when strollers hit your ankles. Sometimes people do not apologize to you.:mad:

2. A family who just decides to go cut everyone who has been waiting patiently to see a character. Even when the CMs tell the family to go to the back of the line, they just go and get an autograph and take pictures.

3. People who just think that sitting in the middle of the row at shows when they are asked to move to the end of the row. I know how some people think that the middle is the best viewing place, but they are trying to get everyone in the queue into the theater.

4. People talking during preshows. I can see how people think preshows are boring, but there could be something important like on MS when they say do not lean forward and turn your head. Someone might be a first time riders and may have not heard that caution, and they can get sick.

5. While holding doors for people, they don't say thank you and just pass you by without knowing you are there.

6. The 2 way radios and cell phones bother me a lot. Why do you need to be talking on the phone when you are having fun at "The Happiest place on Earth." The only thing I really see you need to use them is for emergencies and finding your party.

The last thing is line cutters. That really bothers me.

CSOM

1) People, (Often teenagers) who use excessive vulgarities and/or crude discussion topics and don't attempt to tone it down. Case in point was a bus coming back to an All-Star late one night, and a number of ~16 year old girls (cheerleaders) discussing their sexual promiscuity and dropping f-bombs when the bus is filled with kids

2) I know it has been another thread, but young girls (not young women, but young girls 16 and under especially) who are wearing clothes to the park that is much too revealing. I understand it gets hot, but you can usually tell the people who are just too hot and sweaty and are wearing a tank top or a small shirt. It's completely different when you see groups of girls all done up, glittered, hair done, etc. wearing shorts smaller than my boxers....

monorail256

People who dont throw their trash away... such as...

I was eating at Electric Umbrella one day.. and a family of 10 (yes.. I said 10.. 2 adults.. 8 children :eek: ) had just finished eating their food. The got up.. and left, leaving their garbage on the table. The sad thing was that they were sitting VERY close to a garbage can...

And its not only at the resteraunts.. its all over WDW.. comeon people.. have some common sense! :brick:

disneydudette

there are few things that bother me in Disney....

- yes the "stroller stabbers" are a pain...but with my "kankles"....my muscule and/or ankle fat prevent me from experiencing severe pain...:eek:

- You have to love the" grannies-on-the-go" crowd...man...granny sure can move on those "EC-whatevers"...thats another issue where my "kankles" come in handy!

- People who get in line for food...and reach the cash register...and don't know what they want!! its like "Come on buddy...you just spent 30mins in line...and the menu only has 3 items on it...its either a churro, water, or soda...whoa...i can only imagine the difficulty you would be having if they added popcorn!"

- OH! Peolpe playing catch in the pool! Seriously...its like being caught in a "trench-water-catch-war" If you get caught between them...its like stepping into no-mans land...your bound to get hit with the ball...and of course they have to stand like 50 feet apart...so its all fun and games for them...meanwhile...your swimming under the water fall...and infront of the slide and latter...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom