Another trip report

hadlicksr

Original Poster
Hi All, I hesitated to share because I thought who wants to read one more, But I personally love to read others trip reports and well here's mine. We were in WDW from 11/4-11/11 and stayed @ Pop for the first time. We have stayed @ ASMo before, but I will say that this is my new favorite value resort. We checked in @ 1:00 pm and our rooms were ready. Headed to MK for a few rides and get a FP for Space Mtn. Then headed to Chef Mickey's for dinner. After dinner, we were able to see and do most anything at the park we wanted to. Ds rode SM for his first time and now loves all coasters. We chose to watch Wishes. Some stayed for EMH, others went to bed. The 2nd day we went to MGM, DD and I rode Tot, everyone else chickened out. We all rode RnR for the first time, and finished out the day at the second showing of Fantasmic. On the third day DD 10 wanted to wear her Jasmine costume to the parks. We were headed for EPCOT, but first we were having lunch @ Whispering Canyon. We took a bus to MK and then boat to WL. DD loved getting princess comments from CM but this morning he dropped us at a different stop where a CM took her picture for the princess scrapbook. She gave DS a pirate hat and bandanna and gave our entire group a fastpass for 2 rides that day. That made getting on Soarin and Test Track all the more easier. Finished that day watching Illuminations. Day 4 we went to AK. DS wanted to try Everest due to his new found love of coasters. We went straight for FP. We also Tried Dinosaur for the first time. FIL wanted to ride Kilimanjaro Safari. This was our longest wait of the entire trip at 110 Minutes. FP was not working that day. We left AK early and headed for MGM again for an ADR at 50's primetime. We caught Lights, Motors, Action show for the first time as well. Part of our group headed for Miami after this. On Day 5 we decided to go to World Showcase. DD wanted to wear Jasmine costume again for a picture with Jasmine. We were hesitant, but gave in. On the way in, we noticed the tip board indicated no wait for Journey into Imagination and since we skipped it earlier in the week, decided to stop. When we entered, we were greeted by the Dream Squad! We all won Dream Ears. DW was jumping up and down just to have won anything. Dinner was @ Coral reef that night. We told DD that here costume brought us good luck. She did get to meet Jasmine that day too! Day 6 was the Friday before Super Soap Weekend. DD and I convinced DW, DM, and partly DS that ToT wasn't that bad. We headed to MGM for one last trip there. Upon entering the park we were standing near Hollywood and Vine admiring a CMs pins. He asked questions such as where we were from, how long we had been there, what were our plans. DW explained about Tot and wanted to get it done before she changed her mind. The CM asked if he could walk us there. So we all proceeded to ToT. When we arrived, he took us to FP line and congratulated us for being in the right place, right time. We were walked onto ToT. All loved it except DS who states he'll never return. Afterward we headed to MK for our ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern. great meal! We caught the Spectromagic parade too. Day 7 was to be our last in the parks. We headed for AK for one last ride on EE, then back to MK to finish our visit. We saw Dream Along with Mickey show.
We closed the park @ Midnight and headed to hotel for Sleep. We visited DTD on day 8, before heading home.
We all had a wonderful time. It was DW, DD-9, DS-8, DM, FIL, and Uncle. (FIL & DU headed for Miami midweek) Kids had great time showing my Mom and DW dad around. What I have learned this trip. Well I had my first Dole Whip, and my 2nd! Nothing compares.
I am somewhat of an amateur photographer and found that I love to photo SSE. I was looking for so many different shots and trying to include the family in them too. I could have spent the entire week just taking pictures. I'll try to post some for everyone to see. We tried a few new restaurants. Liked Liberty Tree and 50s primetime. Coral Reef was OK, but not great. Also not so sure we would go back to Sci Fi or Whispering Canyon. Food was just OK. We found once the gimmick is over the food wasn't worth coming back for. Not bad in any way. We found our 1st hidden Mickey in the wallpaper of our resort bathroom. Oh yeah one of the cool things was that when we arrived on Sunday, there were still Halloween decorations and by the end of the week the Christmas decorations were up. This made for great pictures too. We got the best of both worlds I guess. If I think of anything I forgot, I'll post it later. I'll try to get you some of the pics I had a great time taking. My next task is convincing DW why we should go again in 08. I want to make the trip different somehow. Maybe stay in a Deluxe resort or combo a Land/Sea adventure with DCL. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for letting me share,

DisneyGigi

Great trip report, these keep me going waiting for our next trip!
PS.. Tell DS he isn't alone, I rode ToT once and I am never doing it again either! :eek: My family gives me a horrible time about because they all loved it too.

hadlicksr

Original Poster
100_2183.JPG

hadlicksr

Original Poster
Ok this is my first time posting pictures here so bare with me. I had to post the 2 princesses. Also I have some of my favorite shots.
100_2278.JPG

66Stella

I enjoyed reading your trip report; thanks for offering your opinions on the dining establishments as we are eating at the LTT for the first time in 08 and its nice to hear other members' like it and will go back. I also think the photo of Jasmine and your DD is fab!!!

hadlicksr

Original Poster
Not sure how I can post more than one pic but here's a couple more, then maybe I'll provide link to my album.
100_2143.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom