Another day, another guest foolishly bringing loaded gun into a park

Piebald

Original Poster
https:///2020/10/magic-kingdom-gun-kj1/

Havent seen any local news pick this up yet so apologies for the source but knowing an actual idiot who did this as well I know sometimes these stories evade news picking it up.

sullyinMT

She is surrendering control of her loaded firearm to a public space with kids????
Lock her up

She was arrested and barred from property. Unlike the guest who brought the weapons into the hotel.
We have a school holiday 4-day weekend to open hunting season in Montana. I don’t know a single neighbor or parent in my boys’ school that would be this stupid. That’s the opposite of responsible gun ownership, and gives way to much credence to the “ban all guns” argument.

As for the hotel guest, equally dumb and irresponsible. Not owning the gun and driving with it/them, legally. But putting it in luggage all Las Vegas style is dumb. Honestly, in that instance, I was glad to learn that Disney has gun storage/lockers. A responsible owner with a handgun in their vehicle can check it with hotel services in that case instead of having it stolen from their vehicle or feel the need to break the rules.

TrainsOfDisney

We have a school holiday 4-day weekend to open hunting season in Montana. I don’t know a single neighbor or parent in my boys’ school that would be this stupid. That’s the opposite of responsible gun ownership, and gives way to much credence to the “ban all guns” argument.

As for the hotel guest, equally dumb and irresponsible. Not owning the gun and driving with it/them, legally. But putting it in luggage all Las Vegas style is dumb. Honestly, in that instance, I was glad to learn that Disney has gun storage/lockers. A responsible owner with a handgun in their vehicle can check it with hotel services in that case instead of having it stolen from their vehicle or feel the need to break the rules.

In my response I did forget that the hotel guest was in possession of the guns legally. That’s probably why he wasn’t arrested.

sullyinMT

In my response I did forget that the hotel guest was in possession of the guns legally. That’s probably why he wasn’t arrested.
While an arrest wasn’t warranted then, Disney should have denied them entry, imo. They’ve been so stellar with other protocols recently, I’m really shocked they let this one slide. Maybe because he complied with their offer to check the guns securely? But the boneheaded move of throwing them in duffel bags instead of talking to guest services first was irresponsible and reprehensible ownership.

JoeCamel

Didn't this say she was at the MK when this happened? How did she get there? Bus? If a bus then she was a guest at a resort??
Admittedly I have not been to WDW since many of the bag checks/ scanners were installed in their present locations but if she came through the TTC isn't there a check to get on boat or monorail;?

sullyinMT

Didn't this say she was at the MK when this happened? How did she get there? Bus? If a bus then she was a guest at a resort??
Admittedly I have not been to WDW since many of the bag checks/ scanners were installed in their present locations but if she came through the TTC isn't there a check to get on boat or monorail;?
The first sentence ends with temp screening at TTC. It was just an example of poor journalism equating MK with the huge operation that is WDW. To be fair, it is the parking lot for MK, I guess.

JohnD

Havent seen any local news pick this up yet so apologies for the source but knowing an actual idiot who did this as well I know sometimes these stories evade news picking it up.

Technically, she didn't enter a park with a gun. She was on resort property, however. She tossed her gun behind a planter at the TTC before entering temp screening. She blamed it on her 6 year son. LOL.

Gabrielle Russon

Sorry, I have to correct you. The Orlando Sentinel, the local newspaper, broke this story and was the first one to publish it. How do I know that? I'm the reporter who wrote it and obtained the police report. Here's my original story. Cheers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom