Another CoP thread!! Wha'hahaha!!

Skipper Dan

Original Poster
I know, I know! Don't hurt me! (Grabs nearby pillow to deflect cyber tomatoes)

(shocked by flying cyber tomato) :eek: (hit by flying cyber tomato) :dazzle: (saddened by flying cyber tomato) :(

:ROFLOL:

Seriously, instead of searching for some rotten thread in the dimly lit sections of WDWMagic, I wanted to get some fresh opinions.

I love the "Carousel of Progress," and like most people, I think it needs some serious TLC. I look at the Jack Sparrow AA's and I think, "... what would the CoP be if at least 'father' was as sophisticated as that?" There's so much improvement that could be done to the show, and if it were to ever happen, it's various enhancements could possibly even end it's reputation as the "Carousel of Air-Conditioned Boredom." Do any of you guys think - or know - if the CoP will ever get that much TCL? Or will it just eventually be shut down? I know the rumors of Walt's will for it to never cease operation, but is it true? What would have to happen to get that extensive of a refurbishment? A new sponsor? I really believe that the Carousel of Progress is a wonderful interpretation of Walt's talents, and with a few - major - tweaks, other people would agree with me as well.

I'm sorry for being redundant, but I do believe that there are Disney Execs that read these boards, and the more we talk about certain things, the more they know we care... not that they care that we care. :zipit:

- T

EPCOT Explorer

The last time I heard anything on CoP there were a ton of grand plans for it, and that it would have these upgrades for the 40th. As it stands now? I don't see it happening before then.

I do hope they act on the plans eventually, though. It would be awesome.

Walt Disney1955

All they need is a refurb at the end. How can you change stuff from the first section? That's how things were in 1900. Unless we are talking about the sound and such.

Other than that I love it. Always have. There's something special to know that there is a ride that is straight from the brain of Walt Disney himself. This is what makes Disney unique and not just another random Six Flags park, the fact that things are different

LudwigVonDrake

^ "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" is the original song going back to the World's Fair.

I love this attraction and would be very happy if it got some TLC.

ORG13

The Carousel of Progress is a joke, if anything they will knock it down rather than refurb it, honestly id love to see the stats on the amount of guests that ride that ride. Besides the ones that decide to sleep through it.

Skipper Dan

Original Poster
The Carousel of Progress is a joke, if anything they will knock it down rather than refurb it, honestly id love to see the stats on the amount of guests that ride that ride. Besides the ones that decide to sleep through it.

:fork:

Skipper Dan

Original Poster
Truth hurts it will suffer the same fate Horizons did. Perfect area for a new attraction

Yes, it will hurt.

Twenty years from now, when the "Carousel of Progress" is running is full circle, (get the pun? :ROFLOL: ) the truth will hurt... you. :cool:

MarkTwain

Truth hurts it will suffer the same fate Horizons did. Perfect area for a new attraction

There's vast expanses of land in the Magic Kingdom to expand on (the site of the Skyway queue, the plot south of Space Mountain, and the entire Indy Speedway come to mind) before Disney needs to worry with demolishing a classic attraction that was reportedly one of Walt Disney's favorites.

EPCOT Explorer

Nope. It does not have a sponsor, and seeing that this thing is a part of the companies History and has already survived a few attempts and plans to sack it, I honestly think it's safe. Besides...I don't think they are stupid enough to try that again. :lol:

Jeff456

Can't say I agree with that at all, who cares how many people ride it, I do and I am sure plenty of others do as well. It's hardly taking up a huge section of tomorrowland and I for one would be very sad if it ever was to go.

DisneyMusician2

I always thought Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow was the superior song.

The darn thing sticks in your head almost more than its a small world, which is almost impossible to not hum after you've had it drilled into your brain for a never-ending 5 minutes.

rsoxguy

Love CoP, would love it even better with a grand refurb, and I think those who disagree should be placed on Stitch's Great Escape for a full day with no potty breaks. :p

RiversideBunny

The Carousel of Progress is great, a must do for every WDW trip.
It's a classic.

What they need to do is:

1. Update the last scene. It's supposed to be futuristic but it looks like the 80's for the most part.

2. Make the outside of the building more attractive and appealing.

IMHO
:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom