Another CoP thread!! Wha'hahaha!!

ORG13

Yes, it will hurt.

Twenty years from now, when the "Carousel of Progress" is running is full circle, (get the pun? :ROFLOL: ) the truth will hurt... you. :cool:

Doubt it

There's vast expanses of land in the Magic Kingdom to expand on (the site of the Skyway queue, the plot south of Space Mountain, and the entire Indy Speedway come to mind) before Disney needs to worry with demolishing a classic attraction that was reportedly one of Walt Disney's favorites.

Right there is a vast expanse of land there, but the chances of them removing a popular attraction are slim. Even though its an eyesore I think the Tomorrowland speedway has priority over the barely visited carousel of progress. It might of been Walts favorite but its not the peoples favorite.

Nope. It does not have a sponsor, and seeing that this thing is a part of the companies History and has already survived a few attempts and plans to sack it, I honestly think it's safe. Besides...I don't think they are stupid enough to try that again. :lol:

Which is why it is less likely to get a refurb. Imagine if it had a sponsor, it would get the next and greatest thing as well as a sharp look. Without anyone putting money into the attraction it will stay its current state. Unless it gets picked up by a sponsor COP will be gone in the next 5 years.

Can't say I agree with that at all, who cares how many people ride it, I do and I am sure plenty of others do as well. It's hardly taking up a huge section of tomorrowland and I for one would be very sad if it ever was to go.

Disney cares and thats all that matters. They dont care if you and a few others ride it. Its a perfect place to add a new headliner attraction.

The Carousel of Progress is great, a must do for every WDW trip.
It's a classic.

What they need to do is:

1. Update the last scene. It's supposed to be futuristic but it looks like the 80's for the most part.

2. Make the outside of the building more attractive and appealing.

IMHO
:)

For the reasons you named this attraction is on its last leg. If it was such a classic and a treasured attraction its last update wouldnt have been in the 90's. Their just milking the spot until they come up with a plan of what to put in its place.

goreesha

Actually what I would like to see is not an update to the last scene, but for them to return to the very original version of the show. They could promote it for nostalgia as a glimpse at Walt's original vision. They kind of promote that anyway now with the introduction narration.

njDizFan

I think they should keep act 4 as is. Act 4 can be the 80's/90's and then add an act 5 (the 21st century circa 2025).

EPCOT Explorer

Which is why it is less likely to get a refurb. Imagine if it had a sponsor, it would get the next and greatest thing as well as a sharp look. Without anyone putting money into the attraction it will stay its current state. Unless it gets picked up by a sponsor COP will be gone in the next 5 years.
It's been without a sponsor for a very long, long time, and it's already overcome it's planned demise. :lol:

And, as I said, there are plans for it. It's fine.

Dave Disney

CoP is a classic attraction and I would be very upset if it was ever replaced. I do agree though that the last scene could use some updating and the building could use some work as well.

As for ORG13 - if you don't like it don't go on it, and if you can't appreciate a classic attraction at least for the tradition and spirit it represents then maybe you don't have a full understanding of what WDW is all about and what Walt's vision was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom