Annual Passholder Parking Issues

Goofnut1980

Has been happening everywhere since last weekend. Thought it was just a new policy didnt know there was an issue. I miss just flashing my id.

Why didnt disney take the opportunity to have photos printed on the pass like Disneyland. Too many passes I guess

Didn't DisneyWorld used to do the photo years back.. I can remember being a kid and our passes had out picture on them...

Goofnut1980

Ok.. So I have the dumb question of the day.

I haven't been to the world a few months.. (Sept is next trip, then December) Why are they making the wristbands and the RFID hard cards... Why isn't it one or the other?? If the hard card does not have any information on it and they have to ask for ID, I can only assume when they scan it then it will display a name. Couldn't that be acheived having one form of pass or the other?? Just sort of curious.

asianway

Ok.. So I have the dumb question of the day.

I haven't been to the world a few months.. (Sept is next trip, then December) Why are they making the wristbands and the RFID hard cards... Why isn't it one or the other?? If the hard card does not have any information on it and they have to ask for ID, I can only assume when they scan it then it will display a name. Couldn't that be acheived having one form of pass or the other?? Just sort of curious.
The bands were all the buzz internally, they wanted 100% band usage. They realized though they needed an alternative, hence two options.

spacebaby

I've been asked for my ID at both Hollywood Studios & The Magic Kingdom over the weekend. Can't say I'm surprised they have started introducing the ID check seeing that so many people are renting out their annual passes on Ebay to allow people to receive free parking during their visits - at £30+ per 2 week rental they can easily recover their AP cost from it.

Bolna

So, how is it going to work for the bands then? Are you going to touch them and then show ID in addition to that? You can't tell by looking at the band whether it has any still valid ticket connected with it anyway. And if you just touched it, you could bring your uncle's AP just for the parking...

asianway

So, how is it going to work for the bands then? Are you going to touch them and then show ID in addition to that? You can't tell by looking at the band whether it has any still valid ticket connected with it anyway. And if you just touched it, you could bring your uncle's AP just for the parking...
Merf has long contended you could flash a Smoothie Shoppe Loyalty Card prior to RFID

Goofnut1980

I was shocked when we got our AP's for the first time last year. I always heard they checked ID every time so I was prepared, only to find out, they never ask.

1stStarIC2nite

Y'all... is it really that big of a deal to present your photo ID?? Do you want someone to take advantage of your pass?? I can't believe this is even an issue... o_O

luv

i feel so stupid. i'm an AP holder and pay for parking everytime. sooo mad right now!
If you have the seasonal AP, you have to pay for parking. If you have no blackout dates, you get free parking. There are many other discounts, too. If you didn't get a little booklet with it, ask for one next time you're there.

crazydaveh

I honestly don't see what the big problem is. If you're in Orlando and have passes to Universal or SeaWorld, you have to show your ID there, so no biggie. In the past at Disney, if using your pass to make a purchase with your discount, I'd always have to show ID. They even asked for ID of my four year old when she was using her allowance and her AP to buy a small toy! I laughed at the CM then and asked, "really? Does she look like she's old enough to have ID?" I then had to show her my pass and my ID so my four year old could get her Sofia the First charm.

I do miss the old days when the AP had your picture printed on it. That seemed the easiest way to combat this, but yes, I know it was costly for the parks but afterall, isn't Magic+?

That's my two cents... Start bashing me..... NOW!

Killnme

I honestly don't see what the big problem is. If you're in Orlando and have passes to Universal or SeaWorld, you have to show your ID there, so no biggie. In the past at Disney, if using your pass to make a purchase with your discount, I'd always have to show ID. They even asked for ID of my four year old when she was using her allowance and her AP to buy a small toy! I laughed at the CM then and asked, "really? Does she look like she's old enough to have ID?" I then had to show her my pass and my ID so my four year old could get her Sofia the First charm.

I do miss the old days when the AP had your picture printed on it. That seemed the easiest way to combat this, but yes, I know it was costly for the parks but afterall, isn't Magic+?

That's my two cents... Start bashing me..... NOW!

Bash, Bash, Bash....... Totally understand where you are coming from

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom