Annual Passholder Parking Issues

Next Big Thing

Well that's what they did yesterday.

I figured that was the big giant point of the red thing on the front that said parking on the new pass.
The problem is, and why I think they need to scan them is, if they just look for the stripe, someone could be showing an expired pass and getting free parking. By scanning it, it will let them no for sure if it is a valid AP or not.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
The problem is, and why I think they need to scan them is, if they just look for the stripe, someone could be showing an expired pass and getting free parking. By scanning it, it will let them no for sure if it is a valid AP or not.

Keep reading the thread. I explain what's going on later down.

luv

I've been out of town, too. Last time I was there, it was the same old "flash and go" deal.

Mr Bill

I've gotten asked to show Photo ID a couple times, don't remember the exact dates but I'm sure May 24th at MK was one of them. As of this morning nothing had changed for off-duty CMs, a flash of the Cast ID and waved through.

Tori

Take very good of your APs. I was at DHS today and they kept scanning my AP and it wouldn't read. I almost thought she wasn't going to give it back to me. I went to Guest Services and turns out it was bent and had a scratch.

emcclay

I haven't been asked for ID with my blue pass. Then again, I get to CR before the booths open and if I need to go to a park, I utilize the Disney transportation. On my last day off, I went to one of the water parks and of course they don't check your ID's there. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

GymLeaderPhil

A couple reasons this is starting...

-Annual Passholders letting friends borrow their card.
-Annual Passholders selling their card for the sole purpose of parking.
-Florida families who are Seasonal, but one person has the Annual with parking privileges. Not present in the car.
-New RF Media has nothing imprinted on the back, aside from a removable Sharpie expiration date.
-Magic Bands will force the toll booths to have passholders and resort guests to touch to verify free parking at some point.

This policy change is nothing new, since Disney can retain anyone's ticket if they are not the owner or cannot provide accurate identication. Don't forget to bring your IDs or you'll have to pay and have your ticket reissued and parking refunded.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The cast member told me that a box of 1000 annual passes that were not activated mysteriously disappeared and found themselves on eBay being sold for $20 a pop.

I wonder if the box of 1000 APs that I swiped on last visit and then I sold on eBay for $20 each is somehow related? The price was a typo....I left a 0 of the end. C'est la vie.

luv

I don't think it's a big deal, but getting through the toll booths was always easy and now it will just be a little less so. When I do self-parking at Uni, I have to show ID and I just have it ready. I can do the same at WDW. :)

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
What is the big deal though? Just have your ID and AP ready and keep it moving.

The big deal is that it was a change outside of the normal SOP and we werent told anything by the mouse.

The problem isnt showing the AP or an ID, they just need to communicate this to the passholders that there's been a change in policy.

For a media company, they do an awful job at communicating important stuff.

JawaLivin

I was at HS yesterday, get there around 10AM and just flashed my RFID passholder ticket and was waved on in, they were collecting money from other cars. It appears they are randomly asking for ID. I agree, have no problem showing ID, would just be nice if we all knew about it beforehand (like at the resorts where a sign is up asking for all to have ID ready) as to have it ready to not hold up the line.

asianway

I was at HS yesterday, get there around 10AM and just flashed my RFID passholder ticket and was waved on in, they were collecting money from other cars. It appears they are randomly asking for ID. I agree, have no problem showing ID, would just be nice if we all knew about it beforehand (like at the resorts where a sign is up asking for all to have ID ready) as to have it ready to not hold up the line.
That will require ordering $100,000 in signs from WDI thus negating any found revenue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom