News Annual Passholder dining discount drops to 10% for 2018

gwhb75

We realized something on our last trip...Given the ever-increasing cost of eating on property, we would actually save money by renting a car and eating offsite, as opposed to eating on site (and that was with the 20% discount). We had already reduced the number of table service meals we were booking per trip (we used to book one a day, but that dropped to about one every other day last year), so it looks like our days of eating on property are numbered...

CJR

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Disney didn't do a dining discount at all until the 45th. They made it pretty clear that 20% was more so limited to that, and even gave it an extension.

I can't complain that they now offer 10%, it's still more than it was a couple years ago (which was nothing).

I would expect the merchandise discount to also go back to 10%, so if it stays 20%, that's a win in my eyes.

disneygeek90

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Disney didn't do a dining discount at all until the 45th. They made it pretty clear that 20% was more so limited to that, and even gave it an extension.

I can't complain that they now offer 10%, it's still more than it was a couple years ago (which was nothing).

I would expect the merchandise discount to also go back to 10%, so if it stays 20%, that's a win in my eyes.
It was 10% previously before the 45th.

ceverette

It was 10% on Table service before (it looks like there are a few new ones) so I'm not sure what the deal is with the announcement. It looks like they just took the discount away completely for quick service. Boo!

floridagirl57

Yes, we knew this was "temporary" but after the steep dining discounts this summer for Florida residents I thought they would extend the 20% off dinning. Meh. I really utilized and appreciated the 20% off discount. It was nice while it lasted I guess.....

ptaylor

Premium Member
20% paid for the tip.

10% off food only is pretty much meaningless.

At current prices, park and resort Table Service restaurants only reach a reasonable price level at about 40% discount.

Better options are at Disney Springs or offsite.

It is no surprise that many are running below capacity and need to take part in Magical Dining month and Open Table.

Walt d

We realized something on our last trip...Given the ever-increasing cost of eating on property, we would actually save money by renting a car and eating offsite, as opposed to eating on site (and that was with the 20% discount). We had already reduced the number of table service meals we were booking per trip (we used to book one a day, but that dropped to about one every other day last year), so it looks like our days of eating on property are numbered...
Looks like every one agrees, its brown bag disney. How will they charge you for that? By the pickle ?

francism

We went to eat at the Mara yesterday. The discount had been 20%, now there is no discount. Was hoping that maybe it would stay at 10%. Oh well, was fun while it lasted.

todd23

Quick AP discount question...

My wife and I are first-time annual pass holders. We are going to 'ohana with six other people. Will the 10% discount apply to everyone in our party?

disneygeek90

Quick AP discount question...

My wife and I are first-time annual pass holders. We are going to 'ohana with six other people. Will the 10% discount apply to everyone in our party?
I believe it needs to all be on the same check but I'm not 100% on that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom