annual pass??

cajunCinderella

Original Poster
I was wondering how does the annual pass work. Is there a certain time of year to purchase it?. Say I got one today will it be good until next year at this time are does it expire at the end of the year??

janice1965

I just bought mine on line, I received a card in the mail, about the size of a credit card, it has to be activated, so even though I got it a few weeks ago, I will activate it April 27th, and it will be good thru April 27th 2007.

peter11435

janice1965 said:
I just bought mine on line, I received a card in the mail, about the size of a credit card, it has to be activated, so even though I got it a few weeks ago, I will activate it April 27th, and it will be good thru April 27th 2007.
Good point. If you pre-purchase your AP you will only recieve a voucher that needs to be exchanged for your AP at the gate. When you exchange your voucher for the AP you are essentially activating your AP. Your AP will expire 1 year from that date.

Heatherbell

peter11435 said:
It expires 1 year from the date of first use. If you purchase an annual pass today it will expire on March 27, 2007.

If I may correct you...
it expires from the first day of USE, not the day it was purchased. So if it was bought today (March 27th) unless you use the AP to get into a park March 27th it is not activated and will not expire next March the 27th.
I bought my AP last year the first week in March, I didn't activate it until April 25th, it expires this April 25th...:wave:

peter11435

Heatherbell said:
Whoops, ya beat me to it...
Yeah, I thought it might me confusing so I added a bit to make it more clear.

As a local I always buy my AP at the parks. When you buy them at the parks there is no voucher and as soon as you buy them you are given an activated pass that already has the expiration date printed on it. So in my case they always expire 1 year from the date of purchase. But I know many people like to buy them ahead of time.

mags11

Greetings, this is my first post so forgive me if I don't get all everything right the first time:lookaroun ...

If you are planning on travelling to WDW once a year (like my family and I do), then the annual pass is a great idea. I purchased mine in April 05, and we went down in the summer (late July). We are now planning to go down again this coming June. So the passes are good for two years of summer vacations. Being VC members, we also got a significant discount for each pass, so it was really worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom