Annual Pass Rumors

mwhite93

Original Poster
Anyone have any info on when the new annual passes will be released and costs/benefits? And Will they be extremely similar to the magic key passes at Disney land or very different?

Anyone have any info on when the new annual passes will be released and costs/benefits? And Will they be extremely similar to the magic key passes at Disney land or very different?
Disney said early August that AP sales would be available in time for Oct. 1, and more info would come “later this month”. It’s now later this month and we still have no info, it’s very frustrating. They are not doing a key system here as far as I know as they have continued to use the terms Annual Pass in their wording. I refuse to go to Disney and buy day tickets so it’s been very frustrating getting no info on AP’s yet Disneyland (which CANCELLED annual passes) is getting their keys sold this Wednesday.

mwhite93

Original Poster
Yeah it’s quite frustrating we still haven’t heard! I’m hopeful news will be out this week though! But I’m also very interested in seeing what kind of perks are stripped away from AP holders as well as finding out what they’ll do moving forward for current APs and DVC members.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Yeah it’s quite frustrating we still haven’t heard! I’m hopeful news will be out this week though! But I’m also very interested in seeing what kind of perks are stripped away from AP holders as well as finding out what they’ll do moving forward for current APs and DVC members.
Honestly if they were going to make changes on par with what they did in California it would have leaked out already.

It seems like they’re just going to restart it. There are too many moving components to WDW APs that didn’t/don’t exist at DLR.

mwhite93

Original Poster
Honestly if they were going to make changes on par with what they did in California it would have leaked out already.

It seems like they’re just going to restart it. There are too many moving components to WDW APs that didn’t/don’t exist at DLR.
That makes a lot of sense! But do you see it coming back stripped down as far as perks are concerned? No more photo pass, take away free parking, etc?
or do you see more options as far as passes and similar perks?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
That makes a lot of sense! But do you see it coming back stripped down as far as perks are concerned? No more photo pass, take away free parking, etc?
or do you see more options as far as passes and similar perks?
No I don’t think there will be any changes other than maybe a price increase. You had been able to purchase new APs if your pass had expired after the shutdown but did not renew. As far as I know that is still going on with no changes to the AP benefits and price.

Raxel7851

We renewed our APs in July before they expired in September. We both have the Platinum Pass. I’m thinking it was close to the same renewal price as last year. I’ll have to do a little checking though.

mwhite93

Original Poster
It’ll be interesting to see what they actually roll out. Part of me thinks there will be very different versions with limited perks. The other part of me is hopeful that things will be relatively the same with very minor tweaks. And shoot maybe we’ll get lucky and they give some sort of genie+ perk as well.

po1998

Heading down to Orlando for part of the winter. What was the cost of the lowest price non-resident AP prior to the suspension of the program?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom