Annual Pass Rumors

gitchard

I live in the area and me and my family have had annual passes for at least 18 straight years. My grand daughter will need a pass in about a year and a half.

If they do away with passes so I can't get one for my grand daughter, I guess I will not renew, stop going to Disney and start giving my money to Universal instead.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I live in the area and me and my family have had annual passes for at least 18 straight years. My grand daughter will need a pass in about a year and a half.

If they do away with passes so I can't get one for my grand daughter, I guess I will not renew, stop going to Disney and start giving my money to Universal instead.
Current management will “call your bet” and make you show your cards

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member

My son turned 3 in 2021 and he was able to get an annual pass because the rest of us had APs. They considered him aging into needing one and it wasn't a problem.

correcaminos

Current management will “call your bet” and make you show your cards
I'll personally have no issues doing that. Sell my DVC and be done. I'm not sure what WDW has to gain by ditching them. DLR I get but not WDW. But I know you are convinced APs are done. So no need to argue with me. They will lose guests for DVC if they do though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'll personally have no issues doing that. Sell my DVC and be done. I'm not sure what WDW has to gain by ditching them. DLR I get but not WDW. But I know you are convinced APs are done. So no need to argue with me. They will lose guests for DVC if they do though.
1. They have said their product has “no equal” for years to the masters
2. They view any discount from day to day variable…soon to be block pricing…is a loss.
3. No one is pushing them on it…even me. They canned pass availability now 2.5 years ago and Seem to have zero intention of changing it. I’d say it’s far more likely they sunset renewals now than resume sales.

And I 100% agree with you…the problem is I NEVER thought they’d get away with it this long. And I hope I’m wrong…but if it’s $2000 a person…what’s the point?

correcaminos

1. They have said their product has “no equal” for years to the masters
2. They view any discount from day to day variable…soon to be block pricing…is a loss.
3. No one is pushing them on it…even me. They canned pass availability now 2.5 years ago and Seem to have zero intention of changing it. I’d say it’s far more likely they sunset renewals now than resume sales.
So no need to argue with me.

TrainsOfDisney

i wish that you could buy lots of days that are good for 365 days from the first use.

So I could buy like 15-20 days for $1k or something like that?

Since I can’t buy a pass at least offer me SOMETHING beyond 5 days that expires in 2 weeks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You’re extra sassy during D23 weekend and I like it ;)

But I can get 15 days for $1320…. But each of the 5 days has to be used within 2 weeks. Give me 20 days for $1500 with a 12 month window? Something like that?
I’m just messing with you…

The whole point of an annual pass was to create guaranteed business and get you into the parks to buy things with higher margins…

If it’s now some type of scramble to get bundles at $100 a day…thereby lowering the spending on high margin product…they’re lost

…which means so are we

Jrb1979

I’m just messing with you…

The whole point of an annual pass was to create guaranteed business and get you into the parks to buy things with higher margins…

If it’s now some type of scramble to get bundles at $100 a day…thereby lowering the spending on high margin product…they’re lost

…which means so are we
If you seen Chapek's quote from his interview today APs aren't returning any time soon.

We love all our fans equally. We love the superfans, obviously. But we also like the fans that don’t have the same expression of their fandom. We want to make sure that our superfans who love to come with annual passes and use [the parks] as their personal playground — we love that. We celebrate that. But at the same time, we’ve got to make sure that there’s room in the park for the family from Denver that comes once every five years. We didn’t have a reservation system and we didn’t control the number of annual passes we distributed and frankly, the annual pass as a value was so great that people were literally coming all the time and the accessibility of the park was unlimited to them and that family from Denver would get to the park and not be let in. That doesn’t seem like a real balanced proposition.”

Hcalvert

If you seen Chapek's quote from his interview today APs aren't returning any time soon.

We love all our fans equally. We love the superfans, obviously. But we also like the fans that don’t have the same expression of their fandom. We want to make sure that our superfans who love to come with annual passes and use [the parks] as their personal playground — we love that. We celebrate that. But at the same time, we’ve got to make sure that there’s room in the park for the family from Denver that comes once every five years. We didn’t have a reservation system and we didn’t control the number of annual passes we distributed and frankly, the annual pass as a value was so great that people were literally coming all the time and the accessibility of the park was unlimited to them and that family from Denver would get to the park and not be let in. That doesn’t seem like a real balanced proposition.”
He should just come out and say it---they don't want local annual passholders. I have an out-of-state AP and it is impossible for me to use Disney as my "personal playground" since I live 1,000 miles away. Unfortunately, I will most likely be lumped in with all the other APs if they do decide to eliminate them and go with a different program.

nickys

Premium Member
i wish that you could buy lots of days that are good for 365 days from the first use.

So I could buy like 15-20 days for $1k or something like that?

Since I can’t buy a pass at least offer me SOMETHING beyond 5 days that expires in 2 weeks.
You can’t even get 5 days to use over 2 weeks, unless you stay onsite for that time. Your 5 day ticket will expire after 7/8 days (haven’t checked the exact period). ☹️

MagicRat

It’s been a long time since high school but I had a teacher who used a term, it was blank hole rules (starts with a). It seems that’s what happened here.

I couldn’t believe reading in the past, that locals actually went to the parks to conduct business, just sitting at tables using the free wifi. It looks like those people did a lot of the damage. Too bad what remains is more ”greats”, locals who kept their passes during the pandemic who could actually use them and now they take up room vlogging.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom