Annual Pass Ride Previews.

kucarachi

Original Poster
Anybody know if two people can share an annual pass when its time to preview a ride. Such as Nemo and Friends, or Nemo the musical? Or does the other person have to watch while the pass holder is having a good time? just curious if we need 2 annual passes? thanks a bunch

Chape19714

1 Annual pass per person is needed. In addition Disney reserves the right to check ID to make sure the name on the pass matches the bearer. This was the case at Everest. So, you will need 2 passes, as they are non-trasferable.

Hope this helps!

raven

Oooh! I forgot about those things! Now that I'm an AP holder I can do those. :sohappy: Don't know the answer to your question though, sorry.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Sometimes it really depends, with Everest there was a checkpoint and no one got through without their own pass. Other previews have merely been flashing one pass for a whole group.

I think it depends on how busy they are or expect to be.

ZapperZ

Usually when they have an AP preview, they also have the DVC member preview. And if they do it like Everest, DVC members can usually bringing in guests. We could bring in up to 4 guests for Everest as I recall.

So if there's another preview, try the DVC forum and see if there's any DVC members willing to bring in the non-AP guest. I know I brought in 2 WDWMagic members last time for the EE preview just because they contacted me on here after I annouced that I was going to be attending it.

Zz.

kucarachi

Original Poster
thanks for the info

it seems that with the right amount of cotton candy or popcorn a CM could be persuaded to let us both in with one AP pass! we'll find out in Oct i suppose! thanks again guys your swell :wave:

darthjohnny

I think it stinks that DVC can bring guests, but we passholders have to have a pass each. I was talking to people at the Everest event who had to leave their grandfather because he didn't have a annual pass. My dad almost didn't get in because he wasn't carrying his I.D. but we complained and he showed his Hotel key and his name matched our name, so they let him in.

DolFan

Only for dvc members can more than 1 person get in. Only the actual passholder can get in. For Soarin, as far as I can remember they did not check ids. Expedition Everest they were very strict on who they would let in.

AEfx

I can see them doing one for the Nemo ride, but would they for the Nemo show at AK?

I can't imagine that many AP's would be there at that attraction at any given time. I picture ten or fifteen people in the middle of that huge theater LOL. I'm going to be down the week before the offical opening (during previews) and I'm hoping they are just soft-openings and not AP only.

May not matter, as I may just upgrade my MYW to a new AP anyway, but I'm curious as to how this has been done with shows in the past. I've only ever been to AP previews of rides.

AEfx

Chape19714

I can see them doing one for the Nemo ride, but would they for the Nemo show at AK?

I can't imagine that many AP's would be there at that attraction at any given time. I picture ten or fifteen people in the middle of that huge theater LOL. I'm going to be down the week before the offical opening (during previews) and I'm hoping they are just soft-openings and not AP only.

May not matter, as I may just upgrade my MYW to a new AP anyway, but I'm curious as to how this has been done with shows in the past. I've only ever been to AP previews of rides.

AEfx
Fantasmic! Had passholder previews, way back in 98. If they hold previews it will probally be just 1 or 2 shows. Fantasmic had 1 passholder preview showing. Philharmagic had 2 days of passholder previews (not a stage show, but still a theatre), as did Stitch (which was literally the 6 of us in the entire theatre.) :lol:

shoppingnut

it seems that with the right amount of cotton candy or popcorn a CM could be persuaded to let us both in with one AP pass! we'll find out in Oct i suppose! thanks again guys your swell :wave:

:lol: From what I recall the CM's checking the ID's were management types, so don't think popcorn could have persuaded them.

DigitalDisney

It was strictly enforced with Everest, but this Nemo opening is nothing compared to what Everest was.

I suspect that as long as you're not being obnoxious or obvious, then it won't be a problem. Have one person go in with the AP and have the other person wait in the building. Then rotate. Of course, this isn't a guarantee.

Of course you won't want to look too flashy because people will tend to remember that. That will probably make your name easier to remember.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Nemo as a ride will also be an omnimover, 4 people per vehicle, with a very high capacity. The chance of a long line forming will be most likely be small, but they hve to getthe ride working before they know that for certain. At Soarin', things sometimes went "not so well" during CM previews with lines getting outrageously long when CM previews are usually walkons even for the most popular rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom