Annual Pass Questions

BonzoAPD

How much does an Annual Pass cost? What are the benefits of getting it over just buying tickets with your stay (I don't live in FL). How much of a discount do you get on the rooms when you have an AP? Thanks.

(P.S. Sorry for posting it in the wrong forum, I realized I posted in the wrong place after I posted it. Can a moderator please move it for me? Thanks.)

scottnj1966

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/tickets/ticketsLandingPage?id=TicketsLandingPage

annual pass gets you parking and no black outs for the four theme parks.

premium annual gets you parking and no black outs.
all four theme parks, both water parks, disney quest, pleasure island, and the sprts complex.

some restuarants give you 10 or 15 % off hotel discounts happen sometimes. gotta keep checking and looking here on the website in the annual passholder section.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Room discounts when available run around the 20-30% range.

Benefits of an AP include:
*Availability to get the Disney dinning experience card which will get you 20% discount an nearly every table service restaurant on property and some of the counter service ones.
* Special events such as AP previews of new attractions and shows.
* 10% Discount at World of Disney
* Free parking at the parks.
* Discounted tickets to the water parks, DQ and occasionally to La Nouba.

Upvote 0

mccallum9

value weeks at disneyworld

this is not the right thread but does anyone have the web site from yesterday about special weeks that disney was going to offer:sohappy:

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Room discounts apparently used to seem better, but you can still get up to 80 bucks off a deluxe room a night.

There are some scenarios where getting AP is def. worth it. Know you'll be back at least once within a year and each trip is at least a week? Get it. Going with a large group? One AP holder can book 3 rooms, so even for one tripn it's worth it. The money you save o the room conceivably means you can extend your trip, so you don't rush as much, and you can enjoy your stay more. And if you pay the extra to get the disney dining experience card, and you enjoy drinking, the 20 percent discount on most sit down restaurants, some counter service restaurants AND almost all lounges and bars can become major savings.

Upvote 0

BonzoAPD

Original Poster
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/tickets/ticketsLandingPage?id=TicketsLandingPage

annual pass gets you parking and no black outs for the four theme parks.

premium annual gets you parking and no black outs.
all four theme parks, both water parks, disney quest, pleasure island, and the sprts complex.

some restuarants give you 10 or 15 % off hotel discounts happen sometimes. gotta keep checking and looking here on the website in the annual passholder section.

Thanks. Where is the annual pass section?

Upvote 0

maelstrom

+ free parking at the theme parks
+ passholder-only gear (pins, shirts, etc)
+ the mickey monitor newsletter
+ 366 days of entry to the theme parks (no blackout dates)
+ restaurant discounts
+ discount on the disney dining experience
+ hotel discounts (they used to be better; they now hover at around $75 to $80 off a deluxe resort per night)
+ special passholder-only events (ride previews, etc)
+ discounted admission to mvmcp & mnsshp

I've been an annual passholder since... 1993, I think.

Upvote 0

KHockett

A quick question - does anyone know how much of a discount you get to renew your annual pass on-line 30 days early? It says on the website that the renewal is $399 (approx) and there is a discount for renewing early. Any ideas as to what that discount would run. And I would wholehearted recommend the AP - it has been great, and the discounts on the hotels, while perhaps not as much as they used to be have enabled us to stay at a delux hotel for the price we would have paid at the moderate. We loved it!:)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
A quick question - does anyone know how much of a discount you get to renew your annual pass on-line 30 days early? It says on the website that the renewal is $399 (approx) and there is a discount for renewing early. Any ideas as to what that discount would run. And I would wholehearted recommend the AP - it has been great, and the discounts on the hotels, while perhaps not as much as they used to be have enabled us to stay at a delux hotel for the price we would have paid at the moderate. We loved it!:)
The discount is not huge. for a regular AP the purchase price is $462.21 and renewal is $419.61 which is a discount of $42.60 or just shy of 10%.

It is always a good idea to do a little math before you renew. Sometimes it is better to pay the full price and get an additional few months. Usually about 2.5 months is the break even time for renewal vs repurchase.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom