Annual Pass Question..Help!!!

crazygirley

Does anyone know of any special things you can do or see if you have a Premium Annual Pass. I have one, and I will be at WDW in June. I was there last July, with the Premium Annual Pass, and there was a special viewing area on top of one of the China buildings at Epcot for viewing the fireworks, and also the passholder lounges, all of which I found out about at home, when it was too late. So, does anyone know of what is offered this year? Thanks!:rolleyes:

Horizons38

Premium Member
Hi, ours is only a "regular" annual pass just for the 4 parks, and i have not received the newsletter for this quarter yet, but you should receive one as well soon ! I will not be able to go until May so will not have my new "2003 guide" until then also ! The discounts and such are mostly the same year to year though ! :) I think the new newsletter comes out in February !

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Original Poster
I know about the newsletter, but it doesn't tell everything, cause it didn't say about the stuff I mentioned above in the newsletter from last year. It didn't tell about the passholder lounges or the viewing pavillion at Epcot, all it says is that we can order special pins and such...:eek:

Upvote 0

Horizons38

Premium Member
Sorry , are we talking about the same thing ? The Mickey Monitor ? They always mention the lounges as well as viewing locations for fireworks and such ! Sorry i was not able to help !

Upvote 0

Mitzer

I know they offer a special (one only) pin at AK with a lanyard. I don't know if you realize that or not. It is at (I think) the Island Mercantile. The CM will know at the park, unless someone here knows. This is an exclusive AP holder pin. Really was a nice surprise...I didn't know until I got there it was offered and free. :sohappy:

Upvote 0
Mitzer,
AP? What is that? Oh, is it annual pass? Never mind! :lol:

When did you use your AP to get the pin? I thought I read you got passes through kingdomkunsultant?

We never go enough to get an annual pass but I was thinking of stocking up on the discounted tix from KK. do you know if these passes expire? Did the ones you got expire?

Thanx for the info.

Oh, by the way, Marc agreed to book Akl for Oct. for 2 of the 5 nights.
:sohappy: He said All Star sports for the other 3.
Shhh, what I am going to do is book AKL first and hope he won't want to leave!:lol: I promised him NO smelly animals! :p

Upvote 0

Mitzer

Originally posted by disneydarling
Mitzer,
AP? What is that? Oh, is it annual pass? Never mind! :lol:

When did you use your AP to get the pin? I thought I read you got passes through kingdomkunsultant?

We never go enough to get an annual pass but I was thinking of stocking up on the discounted tix from KK. do you know if these passes expire? Did the ones you got expire?

Thanx for the info.

Oh, by the way, Marc agreed to book Akl for Oct. for 2 of the 5 nights.
:sohappy: He said All Star sports for the other 3.
Shhh, what I am going to do is book AKL first and hope he won't want to leave!:lol: I promised him NO smelly animals! :p

I have or had an annual pass that expired this past December, the rest of my family didn't have passes. I purchased park hopper tickets for the rest of my group from Pam...hope that clears this up. I got my pass with my mom in Dec. 2001 and it wasn't until my trip last May that I found out about the pins.

Upvote 0
Oh, sorry didn't mean to interrogate you! :lol:

I understand, I was thinking AP had something to do w/ Animal Pins because you mentioned you got them at Animal Kingdom? At least I'm assuming ak meant that. Then I realized it was Anual Pass.

Upvote 0

KathyG/poohbear

Well, you probably already know that both passholder lounges are closed now. The one at Epcot was great.

I didn't know about the pin...I will have to check that out.

Most or the regular discounts are mentioned on mousesavers or wdwig.com. I think that is where I found out about the special viewing areas before I went last time.

That is a good question though...I will be watching this thread to see if there is anything else I don't know about.

My favorite benefit other than park admission is 50% off mini golf.

Upvote 0

Mitzer

Originally posted by KathyG/poohbear
Well, you probably already know that both passholder lounges are closed now. The one at Epcot was great.

I didn't know about the pin...I will have to check that out.

Most or the regular discounts are mentioned on mousesavers or wdwig.com. I think that is where I found out about the special viewing areas before I went last time.

That is a good question though...I will be watching this thread to see if there is anything else I don't know about.

My favorite benefit other than park admission is 50% off mini golf.

I don't know if they still offer this free pin. They did when I was down there, and hopefully they still do. It may have been a 2002 thing??? If anyone else knows, will you please post. Thank You :)

Upvote 0

Mitzer

Originally posted by happy snapper
Mine is proudly hanging on my lanyard, got it in Nov, and the CM at the pin shop said there was a new one out in Dec.

Thanks Happy Snapper...I didn't want to give someone bad info. Mine is from almost a year ago...so I was hoping they were still doing this. I assume they just change the pin yearly???

Upvote 0

jazzylsu

I am planning on buying annual passes in late Feb. when we go. This will be the first time to do this and only because we will be returning earlier in Feb. next year. What are the benefits you are referring to? I would like to take advantage of them if they are still available. Either lounges or fireworks, etc.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Any of the lounges & fireworks viewing areas have truly been closed as of my last visit, which was in December. The biggest benefit is that Disney offers a really good discount on the rooms on property. Just as a comparison. In October I went and got a $170 room a night, add in tax also ,for $110 a night, with tax included!! Not bad huh?? For a complete listing of benefits you might want to check WWW.WDWIG.com. Go under planning and there is a wealth of information on all ticket types!! Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Jazzy, If I sounded like the voice of Doom and Gloom please dont think so. I just got my notice to renew my annual pass and of course I am going to do so!!!! The AP for me really is a great idea. Last year I went to Disney 4 different trips totaling a use of 23 days!! If you figure that at individual passes for all of those trips, that was well over $1000.00 dollars!! Also if you have any questions that havent been answered, call 1-407-560-PASS(7277) for the passholders information section!! Good luck!! Belle

Upvote 0
We used our PAP for the last time and will purchase new ones for our next trip, maybe Feb if all goes well. We got so many discounts room, food - Rainforest Cafe, the special deal they have at the Epcot and Resort hotels during the week, used it at the Fantasia Golf and got a discount at the World of Disney at the Marketplace and used it for water sprite boat rental and parasailing trip, I think that was like 15% off. But they do change so get the most current info and it doesnt hurt to ask and say , do you give AP discounts?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom