News Annual Pass price increases June 2019

Rteetz

Original Poster
Looks like they went up as of midnight EST

186B8D76-15C1-4768-AAE1-1AE49E53C272.jpeg

bUU

Ouch. That's a big increase for one year. Hopefully that kind of increase doesn't become normal.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Unless additional blackout dates are being introduced, there is now a $400 premium for the privilege of visiting during the Christmas and Easter blackout weeks. But unless you are DVC or a Florida Resident that is your only option.

I was lucky to renew my Platinum+ pass in May. This will be the last year for that.

ToTBellHop

Seem to be jumping the gun here. It would make a bit more sense once they successfully open Star Wars Land, MMRR, and Rat. For now, it seems it may hurt the whole, “summer is going to be dead because nothing is opening! Please please please please please come!”

I wonder how many will pay it to possibly see the second SWGE first. They should have announced preview dates if they want people to buy passes.

monothingie

Premium Member
Seem to be jumping the gun here. It would make a bit more sense once they successfully open Star Wars Land, MMRR, and Rat. For now, it seems it may hurt the whole, “summer is going to be dead because nothing is opening! Please please please please please come!”

I wonder how many will pay it to possibly see the second SWGE first. They should have announced preview dates if they want people to buy passes.

It may be something as simple as they have stats on when (summer) the most number of APs are purchased and they used that to take advantage of a price increase.

It will be interesting to see what SWGE brings attendance wise, so far at DLR the results have supposedly been unexpected. This may be cover for predicted weakness?

monothingie

Premium Member
Perhaps the market for “SW:GE” 🙄 isn’t as strong as everyone assumed?

...maybe the sauce on the dish actual matters when you taste it?

What was stunning about DLR SWGE is how it has basically driven guests from the rest of DL and DCA. (Mostly due to the DL AP restrictions and price increases) At least at WDW it is premiering during a typical slow time so any perceived slow down may be masked, but the AP price hikes certainly don’t help, unless the financials this quarter and next for Florida are going to be in the toilet.

Last edited:

drod1985

Once again: You can’t properly judge GE’s impact on DL attendance until June 24. If you don’t have a reservation you can’t get in to GE - so for many people there would be no point in wasting a trip before June 24.

If attendance at DL is still soft on June 24 then you can say demand isn’t what this message board may have anticipated. But as of right now you’re about a week too early to make that call.

If anything, these increases could show WDW is still predicting an increase in demand once GE is open, hence the higher barrier to entry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom