News Annual Pass price increases June 2019

CaptainAmerica

I never said it was. My point was that to the consumer, a 25% increase overnight should come with some increase in value.
...unless they were already getting >125% of their money's worth, in which case they should expect the price increase with zero change in the offering.

If an avocado is worth $2 to me but it's currently priced at $1, I'm getting surplus utility. If the price increases to $2, that's just the market adjusting to the already-perceived value. I shouldn't expect to get two avocados for that price.

Kman101

I know this will be unpopular, but I hope this helps reduce crowds since Disney still hasn’t expanded properly.

I’m an have an AP and will be glad to pay the new prices, but I hope regular admission is also increasing. The crowds are just too much.

An AP is still an awesome value.

I still find value, it does pay for itself if you go enough, which I make sure I do, lol. But it's just getting tiring. The lack of investment that they're making up for now. I imagine this is them hoping to control the crowds because we all know they know they're underbuilt and when you even have Iger talking about the crowding .... instead of this they should be doubling down on the investments into the park. I'd be OK with these increases if it were in 2020 or 2021. The slate available right now doesn't justify the increase, but I still can find value in the pass.

I'm just at the point of questioning it and my willingness to pay so much when they keep dis-including the pass I have. It doesn't make you feel valued, that's my real problem. I've long known they don't care about you or me, but they really couldn't make it any more obvious.

Joeamc

I never said it was. My point was that to the consumer, a 25% increase overnight should come with some increase in value.
Price is the real determination when it comes to supply and demand, not "Increased Value". So, what Disney is doing, as a business is raising "price" to see when the equilibrium or supply/demand ratio changes. So, in other words, Disney will raise prices as much as they can, without adding anything new to the parks, until they see a drop in attendance. Thats how business works. With that being said, they ARE adding things to the parks (I.E. SWGE) so that helps their cause even more.

Kingoglow

DVC, APs and prebooked should get a limited window at the old prices. These surprise increases are bad form IMO.

To be fair, this board has been projecting AP price increases since Disney announced day-ticket price increases in December. That conversation is what prompted me to buy my AP in February.

The writing was on the wall. Everyone had their opportunity to lock in the old rate.

ToTBellHop

I can't think of any significant permanent attraction that closed recently (as in 10 years or so) except for Sounds Dangerous and the Hunchback live show. The temporary movie promo stuff that was in the soundstage which got demolished to make the Toy Story Land entrance doesn't really count as it was never a proper permanent attraction, more often just a display to promote the latest movie release (or test something).

What significant attractions have closed without replacement?
Not recent but the Mike Fink Keelboats were a terrible loss.
How soon we forget, eh? 🤷‍♂️
They literally closed a resort and we suffered reduced investment for 10 years which necessitated the current expansion. The sad thing is, 10 years ago they could build awesome rides for a mere $100,000,000. Imagine if the current level of investment had been spread over the last 10 years.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
If they raise gate prices as well, I think this is fine. I think the single and multi-day ticket prices are still underpriced by quite a lot.

Joeamc

Even with the hike, the new AP cost is cheaper than two separate weeks with hoppers, or three weeks without hoppers. So, it's just more economical for me to still get the AP. And it comes with Photopass and discounts.
You must be a Florida resident or DVC member getting the gold pass, correct?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Not sure about that. A 5 day single park ticket package for a family of 4 is right around $2,000.00. I think thats getting steep

I disagree. If people are still buying tickets, the price hasn't quite reached a peak. It's steep for some, but it's still very affordable.

jt04

To be fair, this board has been projecting AP price increases since Disney announced day-ticket price increases in December. That conversation is what prompted me to buy my AP in February.

The writing was on the wall. Everyone had their opportunity to lock in the old rate.

Not everyone is as tuned in. I just think it is proper customer service to take care of existing patrons such as those with confirmed reservations.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If they raise gate prices as well, I think this is fine. I think the single and multi-day ticket prices are still underpriced by quite a lot.

Quiet, you. ;)

Problem is, if they raise single day and multi-day ticket prices again (which I anticipate happening before SW:GE opens, BTW), AP's have to go up even more to "maintain balance".

Let's just be done with is - $250/day for single day tickets, $1500 for a 7-day park hopper, $3k for a Gold AP, and $5k on a Platinum AP. :hilarious: Plenty of "value" for those who can afford it, then, right? :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom