Annual Pass Previews of Pandora - The World of Avatar beginning May 13

MissM

Ugh! I never get any emails and we've had APs for 5 years.
Same. It's so frustrating. I have the "yes, please send me communications" box checked. And I DO get emails for dining reservations or if there's a problem with my FP+ selection, etc. So it's not that they are incapable of sending me the emails (nor me receiving them) but they just absolutely will not put me on the AP list! I've talked to CMs at City Hall, I've emailed customer service - no one seems able to help me get on that elusive list!

Equally weird is that I'm the primary account holder and I manage my husband's pass under my MDE login, but things like our Mickey Monitor come in HIS name - never mine. It's like they have this weird aversion to sending me anything related to being Passholders. And we've been Passholders for years now, unbroken. Jeez, probably like 8 years or so now?

I get not everyone will be able to take advantage of all opportunities, but it's so unfair that everyone isn't at least given the chance to TRY if they're interested. This preview actually comes across my birthday (May 16th) and since we normally go to the parks for my birthday, that would have been a nice bit of kismet. But....no emails for me, ever, in the history of having an AP. :confused:

KLinder7

My AP invite arrived 10:16a this Friday morning.

This is my second year AP. I live in New Jersey. I was just at WDW the first week of March and saw RoL twice. I have no current reservations (I plan to go again first week of Sept).
Funny from NJ as well and just got back from 9 days first week of March. Got the email early but didn't take a spot.

matt9112

How many days were available to select from? Hopefully general soft openings start immediately after.

Could be wrong but I think it was thursday- Monday. I know for sure Sunday and Monday because those are the days it told be I could pick before telling me I couldn't....

Similarly to FP I don't think it pulls a spot and reserves it for you while you are going through screen. If you select Saturday and only one time slot is available it should have pulled that slot for x guest on the screen but it appears you needed to make it all the way to confirm to get spot locked down.

matt9112

Funny from NJ as well and just got back from 9 days first week of March. Got the email early but didn't take a spot.

Well it's no secret AP or not that the resort continues to trend toward catering to people who are likely to "vacation" because apparently my four or five dozen trips throwing cash around are for the birds.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I got no invite, but did get the link and successfully completed the registration late yesterday morning. Unfortunately no email confirmation. I spent 90 minutes on with them yesterday that ended with - you should get it overnight. After still not getting the email by mid-day today, I'm back in the nightmare yet again with countless people just saying "it's not my job" and transferring me all over the place with absolutely nobody willing to help resolve the longstanding issues I've had with Passholder communication.

Update: Another 90 minutes on the phone with them today and absolutely no forward progress at all. They can't even tell me what the confirmation number is and will not connect me directly to the people who 'might' be able to solve the problem.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

Long time AP holder (9 years) and DVC owner (8 years) and I got an AP invite email at 11:03am. The preview dates are for days I will not be at WDW so I didn't take any. My trip is May 1st - 10th.

How Childish people get when they don't get something is disgusting.

You do realize that a substantial amount of people who are ap holders did not get an email yet. Including me, yet, I get everything else related to disney destinations and abc crap. So for you to say the way people act are disgusting is ridiculous! I have every right to be mad as does anyone else that failed to receive the email.

disney4life2008

I live locally in Orlando and I and many other locals I've been in contact with today, did not get the emails announcing the preview registration.

It seems that people that live in Orlando (at least a good majority) were mysteriously left out. I attended an event downtown Orlando this morning where 100 percent of the 50 people there live in Orlando and have aps and not one received an invitation, including me.

disney4life2008

Excluding wdwmagic of course but this:

Ugh the entitled bloggers and all their claims Tha they were the very first (un veifiable of course ) to ever touch the ride and got "special" treatment for their fake "media"creditentials. That's why I come here because the site owner doesn't rub it in our faces and isn't snooty like the rest of them.

I agree 100 percent. I think this is why i have loved this site for all the years I have been around. There are at least 3 blog sites that I refuse to go to because their lives depend on Disney.

Dizney Crew

We got the email yest and we live 20 mins from the parks. The only days available were Wed, Thur and Mon, no WKND days. We took the Monday invite, not just gotta figure out how to get out of work early. :D:D

donsullivan

Premium Member
I think I'm now considered officially insane by the definition of continuing to do the same thing expecting a different result.

I've spent more than 4 hours over the last 3 days on the phone with Disney trying to fix an issue with not receiving my Pandora Preview reservation confirmation. There has been absolutely no forward progress and nothing has changed.

p.a.m.

Sounds almost like....there trying to tease non local AP holders to take a vacation? Big shocker there.
How many people on here live in Orlando or the state of Florida and got the email?
I got the email and I live almost 1000 miles away. I did briefly consider making an extra trip but then I accidentally left off my guest when I replied so now that's not happening. We have a trip scheduled for the week Pandora opens anyway so I'm fine just sticking with that I guess.
I have to say though, since joining this site and becoming a bit more informed, I'm surprised at how often Disney creates these situations that leave so many people left out, upset, and disgruntled.

disney4life2008

I got the email and I live almost 1000 miles away. I did briefly consider making an extra trip but then I accidentally left off my guest when I replied so now that's not happening. We have a trip scheduled for the week Pandora opens anyway so I'm fine just sticking with that I guess.
I have to say though, since joining this site and becoming a bit more informed, I'm surprised at how often Disney creates these situations that leave so many people left out, upset, and disgruntled.

Of course we are disgruntled. Obviously not all passholders received an email. So im glad you live 1000 miles away and got one, yet i know 50 people including me that live less than 20 minutes away and all have platinum passes and not one received the email. Sorry to burst your bubble, but fair is fair. Yet i receive garbage from Disney affiliates.

p.a.m.

Of course we are disgruntled. Obviously not all passholders received an email. So im glad you live 1000 miles away and got one, yet i know 50 people including me that live less than 20 minutes away and all have platinum passes and not one received the email. Sorry to burst your bubble, but fair is fair. Yet i receive garbage from Disney affiliates.
I'm sorry but I don't understand why you said that to me. I don't have a bubble to burst, and I don't think one person deserves an email invite over any other person. You've misunderstood me.

p.a.m.

Good. The point is that not all passholders received the email so it's not fair, period.
I'm not disagreeing with that. I responded to back up the comments made by you and another poster wondering if perhaps out of state (outside Florida) passholders were the only ones sent the invitation in order to entice them to make an extra, unplanned visit to Disney. I pointed out my situation as an example of exactly what you asked. Or the opposite actually, since you asked how many who live in the area did receive the email.
My comment about people being disgruntled was me expressing surprise that Disney creates situations again and again that make people feel unfairly treated, since obviously with all of the social media there's no way people won't find out what they didn't get but someone else did, which in turn creates those negative feelings.
For the record- I did call Disney to let them know that I would not be keeping the spot I reserved for myself unless I could add my son, which I could not because the event was full. I expected as much but did not want to waste a spot that someone else could enjoy. That phone call took my over two hours.

disney4life2008

I'm not disagreeing with that. I responded to back up the comments made by you and another poster wondering if perhaps out of state (outside Florida) passholders were the only ones sent the invitation in order to entice them to make an extra, unplanned visit to Disney. I pointed out my situation as an example of exactly what you asked. Or the opposite actually, since you asked how many who live in the area did receive the email.
My comment about people being disgruntled was me expressing surprise that Disney creates situations again and again that make people feel unfairly treated, since obviously with all of the social media there's no way people won't find out what they didn't get but someone else did, which in turn creates those negative feelings.
For the record- I did call Disney to let them know that I would not be keeping the spot I reserved for myself unless I could add my son, which I could not because the event was full. I expected as much but did not want to waste a spot that someone else could enjoy. That phone call took my over two hours.

Well said. I guess at the end of the day everyone will eventually be happy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom