Annual Pass or NOT?!

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Okay, I'm really in a dilemma here. Do I want one or not? DO the advantages outwiegh the bad? Etc. Anyone want to share or help me out here, about 400 bucks is quite much...especially for a 16 year old. - The WeirdOne :D

WeirdOne

Original Poster
I live about 40 miles from the park in an Orlando suburb. I can take the city bus if I can figure out their scedule. And I have a stable mininum wage job. - The WeirdOne :D

s25843

I would say not to get one, would you actually get your monies worth out of it? (More than 8 days in the parks)

General Grizz

If you are going no more than 7 days a year, get parkhopper/play ___ days passes. They are a LOT cheaper. If you get seasonal, you won't get to see the CoP and Timekeeper. If you're ok with that, then seasonal may be your best bet.

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Well, I would definately try to get my monies worth. I mean, I'd try to visit the parks whenever I could. Wouldn't anyone? - The WeirdOne :D

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Well, I should be really specific here. Is it worth the 400 bucks you pay for it. Do you get discounts, etc. Free parking? Benefits? Doess the 400 dollar price tag justify buying one (assuming I go more than 8 days in the year). - The WeirdOne :D

Maria

Well... if you find a way to get to the parks and back, you can make those $400 worth. It´s about 8 tickets anyways, so if you go there more than ten times, the AP is paid of.

Next question: are you okay going by yourself? I mean, do you like going there by yourself? If not, then you have to find someone else with an AP or the $ to go with you.

Suggestion: maybe it´s not very convenient for you, but have you checked the seasonal passes for Florida residents?

WeirdOne

Original Poster
I would love going by myself. I have checked out the seasonal pass and it would work, but it wouldn't. It really would depend on the year and how it goes. If I get swamped with school, I won't be able to use the dates provided. If I get an AP, I'd be able to choose. Please see post #7 for more specifics on what I need info on. - The WeirdOne :D

NowInc

I say go for it if you are planning on actually USING it...if you buy it and only go 6 times..you wasted your money.

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Originally posted by Maria
I guess the most important question is "what do your parents think?" :D :animwink:

It's not their money they said, they don't care. Now those weren't their exact words, but, close enough. And I do plan to go often, more than 8 times...enought to pay it off. CHOICES, CHOICES...*shakes head*. - The WeirdOne :D

Figment1986

I say get it, It would be worth it. If i had the $400 I would get one for myself cause i frequestly go there for shopping, B-day and christmas gifts right there. LOL

jwbeck3

I recently bought one for my trip the first week of August so my sister and I could get the AP discount, and so I could go to the MS previews. (although now I am kind of mad because I could ahve gone on it without an AP) I will go again before that time next year so it will be worth it for me. I was wondering what are the other discounts that you get with an AP?

s25843

Originally posted by jwbeck3
(although now I am kind of mad because I could ahve gone on it without an AP) I was wondering what are the other discounts that you get with an AP?

Aug 1-3 M:S Will ONLY be open to AP Holders, you will NEED to show your annual pass to ride.

You get tons of discounts! (typing them as they appear in my Sleeve)

$4 off tickets to Disney Quest, Pleasure Island, and the water parks

Discounts on Hotels

10% off Lunch at Select WDW Hotels

10% off Lunch at the Epcot Resturants

Discounts at Resturants in Downtown Disney

10% off a Leave a Legacy Tile

10% off merchandise at World of Disney

15% Off Select Tours

30% Off Golf

50% Off Mini Golf for the Passholder and 15% off for Their Guests

15% Off Boat Rentals

Up to 20% off your Next Alamo Car Ressie

Up to 20% off your next National Car Ressie

wiskband

Originally posted by s25843
Aug 1-3 M:S Will ONLY be open to AP Holders, you will NEED to show your annual pass to ride.

You get tons of discounts! (typing them as they appear in my Sleeve)

$4 off tickets to Disney Quest, Pleasure Island, and the water parks

Discounts on Hotels

10% off Lunch at Select WDW Hotels

10% off Lunch at the Epcot Resturants

Discounts at Resturants in Downtown Disney

10% off a Leave a Legacy Tile

10% off merchandise at World of Disney

15% Off Select Tours

30% Off Golf

50% Off Mini Golf for the Passholder and 15% off for Their Guests

15% Off Boat Rentals

Up to 20% off your Next Alamo Car Ressie

Up to 20% off your next National Car Ressie
So same as the disney club card which will no longer be!:(

wiskband

I too was considering an AP but i found out that the 7 day hopper has the (3or 4) extra Water parks which does not have to be used the same day as the theme parks. the wat i see it when you buy a 7 with the 4 options its more like 11 days. Also will you be staying at the hotel? because I think thats where the savings really come in. If you will be traveling home the same day maybe not worth it. They also had that residents 4 day for like 109.00 if your 16 Im assuming your coming and going the same day may want to check that out. Even if you visit 8 times a year you would have to buy two of them that would cost ya about 218.00. good luck whatever you decide and keep working that job we all know how expensive the world could be in a day.:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom