Annual Pass Holders

Epcot-Rules

Original Poster
As I have stated in the last couple of weeks, the wife and I will be visiting Board Walk the 15th of November because she has a medical conference. I am going to surprise her with annual passes but I have not purchased them yet because I want to wait right up until the trip so I get a full year out of them.

I am trying to find more info on what discounts are included with these passes. Disney's site is not much help until you purchase and get the news letter. Can anyone help with more information? I have discovered that most of the restaurants I booked don't offer any discounts for pass holders. Is this the normal with passes?

rufio

As I have stated in the last couple of weeks, the wife and I will be visiting Board Walk the 15th of November because she has a medical conference. I am going to surprise her with annual passes but I have not purchased them yet because I want to wait right up until the trip so I get a full year out of them.

I am trying to find more info on what discounts are included with these passes. Disney's site is not much help until you purchase and get the news letter. Can anyone help with more information? I have discovered that most of the restaurants I booked don't offer any discounts for pass holders. Is this the normal with passes?

I do know that you would still get a full year out of the passes even if you order them now. They're not activated until you actually take them to the gate or whatever. I've had mine for a few months but I'm not activating them til December.

Epcot-Rules

Original Poster
I do know that you would still get a full year out of the passes even if you order them now. They're not activated until you actually take them to the gate or whatever. I've had mine for a few months but I'm not activating them til December.

I did not know this. If I buy them today and activate them on our trip, they will not be good for 1 calendar year?

rufio

I did not know this. If I buy them today and activate them on our trip, they will not be good for 1 calendar year?

They will be good for 1 calendar year from the day you activate them at Disney World, according to my WDW wedding planner.

Vader2112

I love this site, so much good info and nice people! Thanks again.
The pass becomes valid the day first activated. so if you activate it at WDW on 11/15/2012 that will be your effective renewal date. Going forward that will be the expriation date even if renewed and say activate on 1/15/2013.
The discounts are not bad they vary by day of the week and type of pass as well. you can get 10 - 20% off on several shops and restaurants both in the parks and at Down Town Disney. I first got my passes two years ago and since I am a resident of FL get pleanty of use out of them. You also get a decent discount on rooms on property. They can be substantial especially during off peak. I have paid as little as $55.00 per night at a value during time in mid January.
Sorry if I sound like a comercial. Passes are worth it if you are planning on going back or staying for a length of time. I had figured to get my monies worth from the pass we would have to go to the parks at least 7 times a year.
Easily done when you have friends and family staying at WDW and you meet up with them. Not to mention the weekend days nothing is going on so you just pick up and make a day out of it.

I hope you enjoy your stay the Boardwalk is awesome I recommend the FLying Fish Cafe for dinner.

wiigirl

Awesome site! :)
75.gif

CP_alum08

I love this site, so much good info and nice people! Thanks again.
Ask a question about lightbulbs in the parks and see how nice people are :D

The AP discounts are a little hard to keep track of. Some of the restaurants only offer lunch discounts, only dinner, etc. The AP will come in a little booklet that outlines all the discounts so you can always have the info with you. Don't forget that having an AP means you get AP discounts on rooms too, make sure you (try) and book an AP discount room for your trip!

luv

Yup, you can purchase them now and avoid any possible price increase.

The clock doesn't start ticking on the pass until you trade the voucher in for the real deal. :)

I've had an AP for many years. I don't keep track of the discounts - too hard. Every time I'm going to pay for something, I ask if there is an AP discount. Sometimes there is. :)

ratherbeinwdw

It's not the day you first use the annual pass that your year starts, it's the day you turn your voucher in for tickets. The cm warned us about this last year, but we didn't want to have to take the time when we arrived at the park to change the voucher for the ticket. We were staying offsite that time, and we would also have to pay for parking the first day with the voucher. So, we went to DTD when we got in and changed our vouchers for tickets. For us, that only meant we lost one day, but if for some reason you turned your voucher in and waited to go to the park, then you would lose those days. We are only talking about days within a year, so it's not a big deal. I can't imagine anyone changing their vouchers for tickets and not going to the park for an extended time, but just in case, I thought I'd post this. When you renew, the time starts on the day your old pass was out even if you don't go to the park for months. It's not worth saving 45.00 or so per pass, if you aren't going for a while.

stillgoofy

If you are going to purchase an Annual Pass, you may want to look into getting a Tables In Wonderland card which offers 20% off on meals, including alcohol at most all Table Service restaurants and even some Counter Service. Also AP gets you 10% discounts at gift shops and free parking (if needed) at the parks. With APs you can also get discounts for recreational stuff like 50% off putt putt golf and also discount on boat rentals, etc.

Mukta

The best part for me about having an AP are the room discounts. I can get 35% off my room at the Beach Club during some parts of the year.

I also have Tables in Wonderland to get my dining discount.

I also use my AP for merchandise discount almost every where in WDW.

Vader2112

The best part for me about having an AP are the room discounts. I can get 35% off my room at the Beach Club during some parts of the year.

I also have Tables in Wonderland to get my dining discount.

I also use my AP for merchandise discount almost every where in WDW.
I have been thinking of enrolling in Tables in Wonderland is it truly worth it?

Mukta

I think the current breaking point is $375. If you and your group will spend more than that over 13 months, it is worth it. Personally for me, I don't eat much QS. I eat table service meals with alcohol each time. It is worth it for me.

Vader2112

I think the current breaking point is $375. If you and your group will spend more than that over 13 months, it is worth it. Personally for me, I don't eat much QS. I eat table service meals with alcohol each time. It is worth it for me.
Thanks for the tip. We do the same we eat Table service every evening while at WDW. Lunch and Breakfast too lately. Some of the quick service gets old fast.

Mukta

Thanks for the tip. We do the same we eat Table service every evening while at WDW. Lunch and Breakfast too lately. Some of the quick service gets old fast.
Maybe it is just because I go to WDW every year and I am getting older, but I want my vacation to be something special. Good food and great wine are a part of that for me and TiW helps me get that with a discount.

Vader2112

I agree with you I enjoy a good meal in the evening and a nice cocktail or craft beer. We generally go 5 times a year as we live about 90 miles from the world. So we have long weekends that usually include a nice dinner or two and a charecter breakfast for the kids. Plus when realatives and friends visit from up north they ususally want to meet up at EPCOT or DTD for a meal and drinks. So I think you sold me...:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom