Annual Pass - Effective Date

bdinger

We are considering purchasing annual passes, but I wasn't sure about the effective date. If we purchase them now, will they be effective immediately and expire a year from now (e.g. buy on 3/23/2019, expire 3/23/2020)? Or, do they become effective on first use (e.g. buy on 3/23/2019, first use on 8/1/2019, expire 8/1/2020)?

Thanks.

nickys

Premium Member
We are considering purchasing annual passes, but I wasn't sure about the effective date. If we purchase them now, will they be effective immediately and expire a year from now (e.g. buy on 3/23/2019, expire 3/23/2020)? Or, do they become effective on first use (e.g. buy on 3/23/2019, first use on 8/1/2019, expire 8/1/2020)?

Thanks.

They become effective when you activate them.

If they are a restricted type, eg: Florida resident, DVC etc, you need to activate them at GS with proof of ID plus eligibility. Otherwise I believe you activate them by entering a park using them.

Upvote 0

bdinger

Original Poster
Thanks for the response! Do you know if we'll be able to make FastPass reservations for our trip even if the annual pass hasn't been activated yet?

Upvote 0

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
They become effective when you activate them.

If they are a restricted type, eg: Florida resident, DVC etc, you need to activate them at GS with proof of ID plus eligibility. Otherwise I believe you activate them by entering a park using them.

I don't have a restricted type pass but still needed to go to GS to activate. I'm upgrading my husbands tickets during our next trip so we get to wait in that fun line again. Honestly, it wasn't a bad wait at all. That was at MK too.

Thanks for the response! Do you know if we'll be able to make FastPass reservations for our trip even if the annual pass hasn't been activated yet?

Looks like yes :) https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...-annual-pass-not-activate-annual-pass-383063/

Upvote 0

Gillyanne

Sorry to bump, but only about a month old, figured it may be better than a new thread since it kind of corresponds with the question (just the other end of the period). I'm curious if I buy/activate a pass on say 04 Sept 19, is the expiration date for it 04 Sept 20 or 03 Sept 20? I'd also like to confirm that it is good through the end of the expiration date correct (so I could go to the park(s) the latter 3/04 Sept??

I've had a pass in the past, but right now I'm drawing a blank on the dates! I was never around the parks on the last date of the pass so I guess that's why it's not implanted in my mind. This/Next year it'll be cutting it close, so I want to plan it the best I can

Upvote 0

Janir

Last time I has a AP we Activated on May the 4th. they were good until the May 4th a year later. We decided last minute to stay one more day so I had to buy two one day tickets at Guest Relations in my resort.
On a related note I just bought some DVC Gold AP's for our upcoming trip(s)! WOO HOO We're AP holders AGAIN!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Sorry to bump, but only about a month old, figured it may be better than a new thread since it kind of corresponds with the question (just the other end of the period). I'm curious if I buy/activate a pass on say 04 Sept 19, is the expiration date for it 04 Sept 20 or 03 Sept 20? I'd also like to confirm that it is good through the end of the expiration date correct (so I could go to the park(s) the latter 3/04 Sept??

I've had a pass in the past, but right now I'm drawing a blank on the dates! I was never around the parks on the last date of the pass so I guess that's why it's not implanted in my mind. This/Next year it'll be cutting it close, so I want to plan it the best I can
A pass purchased on September 4, 2019 is valid through 11:59 pm September 4, 2020.

Upvote 0

Gillyanne

A pass purchased on September 4, 2019 is valid through 11:59 pm September 4, 2020.

Thanks! Trying to get it just right because leap year threw off my plans! I was hoping to this year do the week after labor day, and then next year do the week of labor day, but leap year makes a late labor day so no matter what week I'd go this year, my pass would expire before/at labor day next year :-/ Was originally thinking a 02 Sept MNSSHP and 03 pass, which would get me through Thursday the next year... then [potential from previous schedules] 04 sept MNSSHP for the friday, but then pictures wouldn't be included since my pass would have expired :-/ so maybe we'll throw in a beach day this year so stretch a day, so pictures will be included be it that we still do the Friday MNSSHP next year, or an earlier one since we'll still get a week of parks :)

(I know it's all jumbled, hope that makes sense, just getting my thinking out there hahaha everything was fine and dandy until leap year happened!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom