• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Annual Pass - Effective Date

bdinger

Original Poster
We are considering purchasing annual passes, but I wasn't sure about the effective date. If we purchase them now, will they be effective immediately and expire a year from now (e.g. buy on 3/23/2019, expire 3/23/2020)? Or, do they become effective on first use (e.g. buy on 3/23/2019, first use on 8/1/2019, expire 8/1/2020)?

Thanks.

nickys

Premium Member
Advertisement
We are considering purchasing annual passes, but I wasn't sure about the effective date. If we purchase them now, will they be effective immediately and expire a year from now (e.g. buy on 3/23/2019, expire 3/23/2020)? Or, do they become effective on first use (e.g. buy on 3/23/2019, first use on 8/1/2019, expire 8/1/2020)?

Thanks.
They become effective when you activate them.

If they are a restricted type, eg: Florida resident, DVC etc, you need to activate them at GS with proof of ID plus eligibility. Otherwise I believe you activate them by entering a park using them.

bdinger

Original Poster
Thanks for the response! Do you know if we'll be able to make FastPass reservations for our trip even if the annual pass hasn't been activated yet?

Think Tink

Premium Member
They become effective when you activate them.

If they are a restricted type, eg: Florida resident, DVC etc, you need to activate them at GS with proof of ID plus eligibility. Otherwise I believe you activate them by entering a park using them.
I don't have a restricted type pass but still needed to go to GS to activate. I'm upgrading my husbands tickets during our next trip so we get to wait in that fun line again. Honestly, it wasn't a bad wait at all. That was at MK too.

Thanks for the response! Do you know if we'll be able to make FastPass reservations for our trip even if the annual pass hasn't been activated yet?
Looks like yes :) https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/already-purchased-annual-pass-not-activate-annual-pass-383063/

Janir

Can you activate a Annual Pass as a Guest Services at your (on property) resort? I know you can get tickets.

Top Bottom