Anna and Elsa... Am I being Ridiculous?

Car01:)

Just came back from WDW over 4th of July. Anna & Elsa line was up to 2 half hrs. We were waiting for Cindy & Rapunzel in other line, 15 min wait at 10:00 at night. Struck up conversation w/ other families in line for the sisters. They were in line since 8pm and the children were sleeping on the parents shoulders or crying from being tired. Did feel bad for all involved.
We went back to MK a few days later cause we had FP for Anna and Elsa it was too easy. In line for 12 minutes and got right in to meet them.
People can complain and say its dumb even stupid to wait. But it's others choices not yours. Would I if I had not got the FP...yes! But my husband and I would have taken turns waiting while we kept the kids busy. Worth it, I think so, but that's just us.
Any age is great to bring children. I luv to see the happiness on my children's faces meeting their movie character in real life. It's magical and worth it, heck we enjoy it. So calm on the hating on the adults or children seeing characters cause we luv it at any age or any wait!

BigTxEars

Just came back from WDW over 4th of July. Anna & Elsa line was up to 2 half hrs. We were waiting for Cindy & Rapunzel in other line, 15 min wait at 10:00 at night. Struck up conversation w/ other families in line for the sisters. They were in line since 8pm and the children were sleeping on the parents shoulders or crying from being tired. Did feel bad for all involved.
We went back to MK a few days later cause we had FP for Anna and Elsa it was too easy. In line for 12 minutes and got right in to meet them.
People can complain and say its dumb even stupid to wait. But it's others choices not yours. Would I if I had not got the FP...yes! But my husband and I would have taken turns waiting while we kept the kids busy. Worth it, I think so, but that's just us.
Any age is great to bring children. I luv to see the happiness on my children's faces meeting their movie character in real life. It's magical and worth it, heck we enjoy it. So calm on the hating on the adults or children seeing characters cause we luv it at any age or any wait!

We loved the M&G, we had the FP though. I am not sure we would have waited in the standby line. :)

tdpolo26

I personally don't understand taking a 16 month old to WDW and expecting them to remember anything, whether it be a ride or meeting Anna and Elsa, but that's just my opinion. If a picture of your daughter with Anna and Elsa would make you happy, then by all means do it. The two of you will have a nice rememberance of her first visit to WDW.
I don't understand why people assume someone would take a 16 month old to wdw to remember.

I will put it a different way... why do you five a infant a toy?? I mean honestly they wont remember it.... you do it because they like the experience of playing with it.

I took my 22 month old then when she was 35 months... funny enough she remembered a lot ... but its about my memory watching her and her experiences exploring Disney.... there is something very magical at that pre school and earlier age ... before there minds are corrupted by other kids and they stop believing in magic. The look on my daughters face at Disney is priceless she believes all of it.. the magic, the characters, and the amazement that surrounds her. I wish for a minute I could have that sometimes.
to see Disney through a childs eyes or are eyes as a child again I think is what many of us yearn for... hearing all the comments about the way Disney used to be.... so sometimes we as parents and adults get to relive a bit of that first amazement through our kids as they take it all in. I advise any parent to take a kid who can at least interact with what's around them (prolly over 12 months) to take them ..I also advise taking grandparents... they make nice babysitters in the evening when you want to go out.

The Empress Lilly

Anna & Elsa line was up to 2 half hrs. We were waiting for Cindy & Rapunzel in other line, 15 min wait at 10:00 at night. Struck up conversation w/ other families in line for the sisters. They were in line since 8pm and the children were sleeping on the parents shoulders or crying from being tired.
[...]
So calm on the hating on the adults or children seeing characters cause we luv it at any age or any wait!
10 pm...children out and about...crying....exhausted... who've been in a line for two and half hours...who won't see a bed until well past midnight?

If there wouldn't be colourful paint and sweet music and Disney all over it, people might be tempted to call Child Protective Services.

Bluewaves

I personally don't get waiting hours to see a character, if its a 5 minute thing then yea cool whatever, but seriously 2 hours, you have to be kidding me, there are significantly better things for me to be doing then waiting 2 hours to get my picture taken with someone dressed like a character

Car01:)

10 pm...children out and about...crying....exhausted... who've been in a line for two and half hours...who won't see a bed until well past midnight?

If there wouldn't be colourful paint and sweet music and Disney all over it, people might be tempted to call Child Protective Services.

Well at least for us we went back to the room for 3 hrs. And all of us napped, the kids for 2 of the hrs. It's summer as well and vacation so take that!

Matt_Black

I personally don't get waiting hours to see a character, if its a 5 minute thing then yea cool whatever, but seriously 2 hours, you have to be kidding me, there are significantly better things for me to be doing then waiting 2 hours to get my picture taken with someone dressed like a character

... "Dressed as?" Tsk tsk tsk.

BigTxEars

I'm not a "waiter" either (bless the FP+!) but I really do understand why other do wait. It's more than just a college kid in a costume to some (me included) just as a ride on Haunted Mansion is more than just a ride in a tracked vehicle thru some decorated sets and special effects. Just as Illuminations is more than a fireworks show. It's all part of the Disney magic to some, again me included. Some of the best times we had last trip was the Frozen M&G, Tangled M&G, Princess dinner at Norway, and meeting Pocahontas at AK :)

Californian Elitist

I'm not a character person either. I waited to see Aladdin last year at Disneyland, only because the line was like two minutes and he was cute. Before that, the last time I waited to see a character(s) was back in 2011 for Jack and Sally, and that's only because my friends wanted a picture. I'd be damned if I waited an hour to see a character, let alone multiple hours.

Marc Gil

I did an experiment...

I tried reserving a FP+ for Anna and Elsa at midnight last night for August 11th (a month from today).

Nope... Everything is booked!! I made FP+ for SDMT though.

BigTxEars

I did an experiment...

I tried reserving a FP+ for Anna and Elsa at midnight last night for August 11th (a month from today).

Yeah the Frozen M&G is almost a 60 day out booking, I waited up till midnight at 60 days to get ours.

Glad you got 7DMT, love that ride :)

Marc Gil

Yeah the Frozen M&G is almost a 60 day out booking, I waited up till midnight at 60 days to get ours.

Glad you got 7DMT, love that ride :)
Yeah, I kinda figured that it would be booked... Since I'm an AP, I can only book up to 30 days prior.

That just goes to show you that's it's utterly impossible for an AP to reserve FP+ ressies for A&E without staying on property.

Californian Elitist

I did an experiment...

This doesn't even sound right...reserving a time to meet characters. It just sounds and seems so odd.

BigTxEars

Yeah, I kinda figured that it would be booked... Since I'm an AP, I can only book up to 30 days prior.

That just goes to show you that's it's utterly impossible for an AP to reserve FP+ ressies for A&E without staying on property.

I agree at this point an AP (we have them as well) is not going to get a FP+ for Frozen M&G at this point without staying on property. But it's the only thing on property that is true of so I do not think it is a negative of the new FP+ system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom