Anna and Elsa... Am I being Ridiculous?

Marc Gil

I agree at this point an AP (we have them as well) is not going to get a FP+ for Frozen M&G at this point without staying on property. But it's the only thing on property that is true of so I do not think it is a negative of the new FP+ system.
Yup, at this point, I've literally given up on meeting A&E. I've even tried visiting them during rope drop, which was a disaster.

It was a 90 minute wait 5 minutes after park opening.

I also agree on what you said about FP+
Although it can be a real pain sometimes, it also proves to be a HUGE benefit! It's a good system, despite the bugs.
I look at an M&G as a attraction, just like a show ride or even an ADR. We (OK mostly I...) looked forward to our FP+ for Tangled all week until we did it on Friday :)
Same here! I also look at M&Gs like attractions. I'm a big character guy! But like attractions, there's an extent on how much I'll wait.

BigTxEars

Yup, at this point, I've literally given up on meeting A&E. I've even tried visiting them during rope drop, which was a disaster.

It was a 90 minute wait 5 minutes after park opening.

I also agree on what you said about FP+
Although it can be a real pain sometimes, it also proves to be a HUGE benefit! It's a good system, despite the bugs.

Same here! I also look at M&Gs like attractions. I'm a big character guy! But like attractions, there's an extent on how much I'll wait.

Sounds like we could go to WDW together and get along just fine :)

The Frozen M&G will die down to where everybody can get FPs 30 days out I think. I would guess sthis summer will be the last big craziness for Frozen.

I could not get ADRs fro BOG last month, tried many many times. But now I just have something "new" to look forward too next trip :)

BigTxEars

Reserving anything at a theme park, except maybe a seat at a restaurant, is strange to me.

I get the concept of that, I would be fine with having no reservation at all, including dinning. But that's not the WDW we have these days. Too many people for that these days I guess. So I use the system in place to make reservations. :)

mousehockey37

Thoughts??

If you have to wait over an hour, it's probably not worth the wait. When I went in 2012 Merida was big. It was about an hour wait, it was worth it. She was the longest wait, even Mickey and Minnie weren't that long.

Now with A&E being waits of up to and passing 4 hours, I say, just think of how much you're paying for your tickets, per day. How many more things can you do in those 4 hours that the kids would have fun doing, besides waiting in a line, that's not really moving, where it's hot and humid and you're cramped with people around you. Meanwhile, as a kid, it's an eternity and you're watching all the other kids having fun that aren't in line.

Think of it from a kids perspective and it might be a little easier. Sure, they may not get to meet them, but they're part of the Disney cast now, they'll be around for years to come... when the lines are shorter.

HRHPrincessAriel

I was just able to get a FP for A&E for Monday and Tuesday(at 9 am)... I don't think they are near as illusive as they once were. Almost everytime I log into my account I'm able to get one.

I thought Disney would be smart...(nono nice?) enough to release FP+ in limited groupings like...

33% of FP+ 60 days in advance for those who quality to book then....
33% of FP+ 30 days in advance for those who quality to book then....
oh maybe 23% of FP+ 7 days in advance
and hold maybe 10% availability the day of and only available by booking the FP+ through a kiosk.

I thought I even read they were planning on doing that at one point...something along those lines but alas...FP+ is an ever evolving thing so....plus Disney needs time for scheduling employees and such...

I suppose basic Business Management is >>> than idealistic FP+ booking opportunities.

Car01:)

I'm not a "waiter" either (bless the FP+!) but I really do understand why other do wait. It's more than just a college kid in a costume to some (me included) just as a ride on Haunted Mansion is more than just a ride in a tracked vehicle thru some decorated sets and special effects. Just as Illuminations is more than a fireworks show. It's all part of the Disney magic to some, again me included. Some of the best times we had last trip was the Frozen M&G, Tangled M&G, Princess dinner at Norway, and meeting Pocahontas at AK :)
Good for u for saying that cause I agree!

MotherofaPrincessLover

My daughter is extremely excited to meet Anna & Elsa. But since we're not going until December, I think we will have a good chance at getting a FP+ since it sounds like wait times for them are dying down.

BigTxEars

I thought Disney would be smart...(nono nice?) enough to release FP+ in limited groupings like...

33% of FP+ 60 days in advance for those who quality to book then....
33% of FP+ 30 days in advance for those who quality to book then....
oh maybe 23% of FP+ 7 days in advance
and hold maybe 10% availability the day of and only available by booking the FP+ through a kiosk.

I thought I even read they were planning on doing that at one point...something along those lines but alas...FP+ is an ever evolving thing so....plus Disney needs time for scheduling employees and such...

I suppose basic Business Management is >>> than idealistic FP+ booking opportunities.

I think they see the 60 day window as a incentive for folks to stay on property and if they withheld FP+ that would do that ideal harm. I would not care to book on property, not get a FP+ as they "were all gone" and then a new wave is released 30 days out from my trip. I would be less inclined to stay on property if that was the case. Well I would not but other might :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom