Animals on Everest?

Dayma

This is why I dont like the idea of this ride. Disney should have used this ride like the safari to promote the idea of animals and rides together.....

Just seems like another roller coaster that they put in without anything new to attract the thrill seekers..

TURKEY

Originally posted by blackride
This is why I dont like the idea of this ride. Disney should have used this ride like the safari to promote the idea of animals and rides together.....

Just seems like another roller coaster that they put in without anything new to attract the thrill seekers..

You don't spend very much time on each animal on the safari (unless something is in your path). How well would it work going much faster on a rollercoaster?

It seems you'd only get a glimpse of animals while on the actual ride. It'd be cool to see some animal displays in the queue though.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
You don't spend very much time on each animal on the safari (unless something is in your path). How well would it work going much faster on a rollercoaster?

It seems you'd only get a glimpse of animals while on the actual ride. It'd be cool to see some animal displays in the queue though.

I agree...the queue area could be of the small villages at the base of the mountain with all the village animals...and...the...VILLAGE PEOPLE... :lookaroun

I know the price is way too high...but a panda or two with bamboo on a grassy knoll would be really fitting.

CTXRover

Real animals would be nice for Everest, but are not necessary for it to stay right in line with what Animal Kingdom is, a place that concentrates on the natural surroundings of the Earth and its many animals, real, mythical or extinct. Everest the mountain alone will add great 'natural' beauty to the park. The coaster itself will add a great thrill ride. And the encounter with the mythical animal the Yeti stays very much in lines with the park's message and theme.

Of course, if the clay model is any indication, there is quite a bit of track that circles around in the jungle (probably the forests of bamboo the press releases say) before ever making that initial ascent up and into the mountain, so here is a perfect place to have some animals if the coaster moves slowly along.....it just has to be built so that no apparent boundaries are seen but also that the animals can NEVER approach or cross the track. Unlike the safari, coaster trains don't stop for animals.

pppapazo

Original Poster
Originally posted by CTXRover
Real animals would be nice for Everest, but are not necessary for it to stay right in line with what Animal Kingdom is, a place that concentrates on the natural surroundings of the Earth and its many animals, real, mythical or extinct.

I agree that animals on the ride would be unnecessary. In fact, I'm glad that we're finally getting an attraction based on the imaginary/mythical animal kingdom. It feels like a little bit of Beastly Kingdom has finally gotten to the park.

However, it would definitely be cool if the train started off slowly rolling through animal habitats in the forests at Everest's base. Of all the types of attractions I think AK needs most, it's rides that incorporate real animals. I mean, the safari is the most popular attraction for a reason, and I suppose I'm still a little sore that Kali River Rapids was scaled down so much from its original river safari.

Peter

Disney2002

If the facade is build strong enough, a bunch of mt. goat could be placed there... they can handle any terrain and would be inexpensive. It depends on how/where the ride enters and exits the mt.

Woody13

I have heard that the WDW International Program is currently recruiting hundreds of shirpas from Nepal to operate this attraction.

Punkss

I agree with some on here, some mountain goats near the queue area would be nice, and queueing through a village would be superb.

AndyP

This ride is going to be great without animals, if they have animals in the queue area then its an added bonus for me! I hope they make the queue area really great so it builds up real anticipation for the ride itself!

Shaman

I think we may see animals in the queue, unless the queue is indoors....but I would love to see some in the ride itself...perhaps outside (beginning) of the ride and at the end before entering the drop off/load station...that would be cool...

:)

Calamar

Originally posted by CTXRover
Real animals would be nice for Everest, but are not necessary for it to stay right in line with what Animal Kingdom is, a place that concentrates on the natural surroundings of the Earth and its many animals, real, mythical or extinct. Everest the mountain alone will add great 'natural' beauty to the park. The coaster itself will add a great thrill ride. And the encounter with the mythical animal the Yeti stays very much in lines with the park's message and theme.

Hey, you've just inspired an excellent idea -- the parks are filled with cast members portraying humanoid fantastical creatures, such as Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. Shouldn't the Critter Cast Members have similar obligations? Add a horn to horse, and you've got a unicorn! Perfect for a Beastly Kingdom area in AK. Add wings -- and there's Pegasus! If you want a satyr, simply add a fake human torso to a goat. As for the dragon, I'm still working on that one. Maybe we could just add scales, wings, and a mask to an elephant. Or cross-breed a lizard and an eagle through weird genetic engineering. I'm in the process of designing some pixie costumes for the insects, which I plan to send to Disney.

Hm, but why stop there? Disney could cut labor costs by using animals for the traditional characters. Aren't there a lot of dancing cows in the parades? That's just silly; we need real cows. And wouldn't you much rather see a real mouse in red shorts than a human-sized mouse? :p

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Man..at least screamscape is right once in awhile....these rumors are getting more and more wrong every day from Jon.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Fievel
Man..at least screamscape is right once in awhile....these rumors are getting more and more wrong every day from Jon.

Hey now. Give credit where it's due. It's gotta be hard for Jon to stay on top of things from his elementary school in Zimbabwe! I'm sure he hasn't had as much time to stay in contact w/ WDI since his 3rd grade summer reading list came out...:lookaroun

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by General Grizz
JON STOLE MY AVATAR!!!

:brick:

But you have a different avatar over there... oh, wait. :hammer:

Grizz, I think that avatar is in the gallery over there to use. lol

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
Hey now. Give credit where it's due. It's gotta be hard for Jon to stay on top of things from his elementary school in Zimbabwe! I'm sure he hasn't had as much time to stay in contact w/ WDI since his 3rd grade summer reading list came out...:lookaroun

Hmm... Jon hasn't contacted me in a week now... perhaps he got shot?:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom