Animal Kingdom's next Island??????

JayDarkKnight25

Original Poster
I'm wondering will this ever happen in the future because I've been hearing possible rumors of some kind of Beastly Kingdom Island pretty soon in the near future.

Pioneer Hall

Beastly was supposed to happen when the park opened. Disney decided that it would add it on later because they wanted to open up the park quicker (hence we get a half finished park). That idea has been put on hold however, and it looks like Beastly won't be happening. We all thought the new E-ticket would be for that part of the park, but it looks like they just added on to Asia instead.

venooch333

It could easily be added to any future parks becasue they have some pritty advanced development work and plans for it! But i can't see how it would fit the theming of any park apart from AK! :king:

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
The only island in the park is Discovery Island... I'm not sure if that even counts or not. LOL.

Anyway, I'd say that nothing will happen for at least another 3 years. Everest has to open and such. :)

gboiler1

This has been a pretty popular discussion in the past several months, but from what I've read and found out from some Disney experts, Beastlie Kingdomme was to have been where Camp Minnie Mickey is now, but due to the success of Lion King and with the advent of totally enclosing the show, it probably won't happen the way Imangineers orginally planned.

Here's a couple quotes from I received from MousePlanet's Mark Goldhaber...
"I'm not sure that Beastlie Kingdomme will be built, especially not in its original form. Festival of the Lion King is too popular to be removed right now. Also, with Expedition: Everest, mythical creatures have made their way into the other lands of the park. I think that it's a shame, but there's not much that can be done any more."

"George McGinnis told me that so many ideas died during the “blue sky” phase that the Imagineers got used to it. George quoted Marc Davis as saying, “No good idea ever really dies at Imagineering.” And it's true. If the idea is good, it may very well resurface at a later date. Sometimes, it takes decades, but ideas do return. That's why the Imagineering archives are so huge, and why there's so much warehouse space to store all of the old models. (Boy, would I love to get a tour through there one day!)"

For some great reading check out Mark's GREAT 2 part article from Oct 2004 on MousePlanet about Dragon Tower!

JayDarkKnight25

Original Poster
gboiler1 said:
This has been a pretty popular discussion in the past several months, but from what I've read and found out from some Disney experts, Beastlie Kingdomme was to have been where Camp Minnie Mickey is now, but due to the success of Lion King and with the advent of totally enclosing the show, it probably won't happen the way Imangineers orginally planned.

Here's a couple quotes from I received from MousePlanet's Mark Goldhaber...
"I'm not sure that Beastlie Kingdomme will be built, especially not in its original form. Festival of the Lion King is too popular to be removed right now. Also, with Expedition: Everest, mythical creatures have made their way into the other lands of the park. I think that it's a shame, but there's not much that can be done any more."

"George McGinnis told me that so many ideas died during the “blue sky” phase that the Imagineers got used to it. George quoted Marc Davis as saying, “No good idea ever really dies at Imagineering.” And it's true. If the idea is good, it may very well resurface at a later date. Sometimes, it takes decades, but ideas do return. That's why the Imagineering archives are so huge, and why there's so much warehouse space to store all of the old models. (Boy, would I love to get a tour through there one day!)"

For some great reading check out Mark's GREAT 2 part article from Oct 2004 on MousePlanet about Dragon Tower!
Well their's still a chance to add another Island-like Beastly Kingdom Itself but they can brainstorm some more ideas like a possible South America Island,or like someone else said an Austrailian Island.

TennisPlayer519

IOA has Dueling Dragons, which basically Dragon Tower (the E-Ticket of Beastly Kingdom) redone to be different. Even if they do reconsider BK, unfortunately BK's E-Ticket Ride has already been done at IOA, so Disney would be stealing it (it truly is the other way around).

WaltMickey

Hey all :wave:

Let me first introuduce my self. My name is Bruce, I have been in love with Disney ever since I was a wee lad. I have personal history that goes way back with the Disney Company, as I have known many people past and present who servered on the board. Ok now before you all start getting on my back, let me tell you that I have no reason to lie about this. I'm sure there's plenty of people on here that claim they know so and so and so and so is their cousin and so on, I'm not one of those people. As time goes on you will see that the things I post on here are all true. Now also I have read through a lot of the other posts on here already, and even though I'm not on the Disney Excutive board my self, I have often given sugestions in the past to my friends and things have happened because of those ideas I've had. So please be nice to me, I love all the ideas that I've seen so far on here and trust me time will tell what ideas and suggestions I may bring up to the Disney team. Also if I see something on this site that's a rummer, I may or may not have an answer for it (after all I don't by any means know every seceret), but I will try and help as much as I can, because my love for Disney is my number one pasion and I will personally do anything I can to make Uncle Walt happy.

With that I bring you my new I have on AK. The next land to be opened will indeed be Austrelia. An offical ancoument will be made shorty after EE opens.

FigmentJedi

Where in the park would this Australia section go? And also, would it have something involving some Australian Aborigine mythology such as the Dreamtime or the Bunyip?

cocoabeach

TennisPlayer519 said:
IOA has Dueling Dragons, which basically Dragon Tower (the E-Ticket of Beastly Kingdom) redone to be different. Even if they do reconsider BK, unfortunately BK's E-Ticket Ride has already been done at IOA, so Disney would be stealing it (it truly is the other way around).

I'm always the Disney fan but I'm not sure I go so far as to say that Dueling Dragons is in any way a rip of BK's tower ride.

imagineer99

There's plenty of space for Austrailia. In Between Africa and Camp Minnie and Mickey would be a good bet (and would space out the big e-tickets in the park quite nicely).

Plus, the possibilites are endless. They can do viewings of kangaroos and other marsupials. Not to mention an AMAZING dark ride about aborigine myths.

Atta83

imagineer99 said:
There's plenty of space for Austrailia. In Between Africa and Camp Minnie and Mickey would be a good bet (and would space out the big e-tickets in the park quite nicely)..

I dont see how a land would fit in that little area.....:lookaroun....

TennisPlayer519

cocoabeach said:
I'm always the Disney fan but I'm not sure I go so far as to say that Dueling Dragons is in any way a rip of BK's tower ride.

When Eisner went to Universal he noticed how strangely familiar IOA seemed to BK.

When Disney let go of some imagineers in the early 90's, they were hired by Universal to help out with IOA. Some of these imagineers had been working on BK. Dueling Dragons was obviously meant to be similar to Dragon Tower.

Because the idea of a dragon based roller coaster has already been done by Universal, it would seem like Disney is taking the dragon theme from them, although this isn't true.

Sadly this is the way businesses work. It's all about who gets there first, not whose idea it was. And without an E-Ticket Attraction, what's left at BK? A hedge maze called Quest for the Unicorn and a boat ride featuring the Gators and Hippos of Fantasia.

Taking away Festival of the Lion King would hurt AK more than help it. I say we give up on BK until the Lion King is the most hated Disney movie on the planet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom