Animal Kingdom's next attraction.....?

SoFlaDisneyFan

Original Poster
Now that the mighty Everest proudly and successfully reigns the attractions at AK, what should be next? In my humble opinion, the park lacks DARK RIDES! Come on, imagine the amazing and truly original dark rides that can be conjured up for this still developing theme park. No Disney park is complete without a couple of great dark rides, and I believe AK will GREATLY benefit from introducing several creative, AIR CONDITIONED attractions. This is also true for MGM, but that’s another sad tale…..

Okay, the floor is open…take it away!

LilDucky

Well, the next attraction coming up at DAK is Finding Nemo - The Musical, which will be enclosed! Yay for air conditioning!! :sohappy:

metscool

Yea Finding Nemo the Musical is the next ride/ show that is coming to the AK area. The next new ride to come to MGM will probly be whatever Disney puts in where Millionair was.

kcnole

I'd love to see some form of dark ride, but I'm just not sure what it should be. An interesting idea would be an area themed to the antarctic. Make it an indoor area. As part of this massive pavilion, have a dark ride that takes you through an antarctic excursion. Part of the appeal of this ride would be that you'd ride through several rooms that also have antarctic animals live in the room much like the safari does. So you'd ride through some rooms with live penguins, polar bears, etc... Of course something would go wrong like they do in every Disney ride and you'd have some sort of thrilling escape. But I think that could be a very charming ride that would work well with this park.

The pavilian would also have some walk through areas where you could see the animals up close like the rest of the park, but the best thing is the whole thing is in doors and nice and cool.

rbrower

I'd love to see some form of dark ride, but I'm just not sure what it should be. An interesting idea would be an area themed to the antarctic. Make it an indoor area. As part of this massive pavilion, have a dark ride that takes you through an antarctic excursion. Part of the appeal of this ride would be that you'd ride through several rooms that also have antarctic animals live in the room much like the safari does. So you'd ride through some rooms with live penguins, polar bears, etc... Of course something would go wrong like they do in every Disney ride and you'd have some sort of thrilling escape. But I think that could be a very charming ride that would work well with this park.

The pavilian would also have some walk through areas where you could see the animals up close like the rest of the park, but the best thing is the whole thing is in doors and nice and cool.
That would be cool!
and it would provide air conditioning!:lol: :lol:

hcswingfield

Now that the mighty Everest proudly and successfully reigns the attractions at AK, what should be next? In my humble opinion, the park lacks DARK RIDES! Come on, imagine the amazing and truly original dark rides that can be conjured up for this still developing theme park. No Disney park is complete without a couple of great dark rides, and I believe AK will GREATLY benefit from introducing several creative, AIR CONDITIONED attractions. This is also true for MGM, but that’s another sad tale…..

Okay, the floor is open…take it away!

What about a dark ride where you go back to the time of dinosaurs, and try to escape an asteroid....oh wait....never mind.

Unplugged

What about a dark ride where you go back to the time of dinosaurs, and try to escape an asteroid....oh wait....never mind.
:lol:

Anyway....I've always thought that they did a fine job covering Africa and Asia. But another unique continent (in addition to the Antarctic mentioned) would be Australia. This should be easy to do considering how hot AK already gets. :animwink:

rbrower

Anyway....I've always thought that they did a fine job covering Africa and Asia. But another unique continent (in addition to the Antarctic mentioned) would be Australia. This should be easy to do considering how hot AK already gets. :animwink:
:lol: :lol:

hcswingfield

:lol:

Maybe they could get Outback Steakhouse to put in a sit-down restaurant!

raven

Well, the next attraction coming up at DAK is Finding Nemo - The Musical, which will be enclosed! Yay for air conditioning!! :sohappy:

Speaking of air conditioning in AK, I haven't been to FOTLK since it was enclosed. Is it air conditioned now?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'd love to see some form of dark ride, but I'm just not sure what it should be. An interesting idea would be an area themed to the antarctic. Make it an indoor area. As part of this massive pavilion, have a dark ride that takes you through an antarctic excursion. Part of the appeal of this ride would be that you'd ride through several rooms that also have antarctic animals live in the room much like the safari does. So you'd ride through some rooms with live penguins, polar bears, etc... Of course something would go wrong like they do in every Disney ride and you'd have some sort of thrilling escape. But I think that could be a very charming ride that would work well with this park..
Sounds like the `Island at the Top of the World` attraction for Anaheims Discovery Bay? Maybe they should dust this one off after WRE :D

imagineer boy

Here's an idea I had for a dark ride that would've been perfect for dinorama:

No, not a carnival ride, but a true blue Disney quality ride. It would be the center piece of Dino Rama and perhaps a ride for kids too scared to go on Dinosaur. It will be a classic dark ride called "Chester and Hester's Dino-Venture." It will probably be located at the north side of Dino-Rama near where that giant yellow Brontasaurus is. The premise is that you're going on a lame dark ride created be chester and hester themselves. You board dinosaur looking cars and travel into the attraction. You go down a dark tunnel where you hear the recorded cheesy deep voice says "And now ladies and gentlemen, prepare to travel into the most realistic dinosaur encounter on earth! The viecles enter the black-lit show building. There are lame back drops and poorly done dino animatrnics that have little movment, and emit straining machinery noises from within. Exposed wires and hydrolics are seen. A few cardboard cut-out dinos fall fall forward. A dumb sound track is playing in the backround. Then around the corner is a giant orange fake looking dinosaur that emits a roar, then boom! Its head explodes off with smoke and spark effects. Springs, and wires pop out of the place where the head used to be. A realistic looking workman with his hair standing on end under his helmet holding two broken wires peeks his head out of the reamains of the T-Rex.

Workman: Woah, must've been the wrong switch. Umm, folks there may be a few technical difficulties, but we're fixing it!

The ride continues through more dumb dino scenes, but a few more comical AA workmen a scrambling around to fix a few malfunctioning dinos. Some are desperately trying to hold up one that's about to fall over. There are more comical scenes with these workmen trying to work things out as the show litterly starts falling apart all around you. Some are dangling from ropes, pushing back up props, ect. Then an AA dino looks like its about to fall on you! The viecles makes it just in time as a large BOOM is heard behind you. And the final scene is with a workmen with stars flying around his head next to the "See ya real soon!" sign behind it.

Workman: Have a... good day. *faints*

yeti

Here's an idea I had for a dark ride that would've been perfect for dinorama:

No, not a carnival ride, but a true blue Disney quality ride. It would be the center piece of Dino Rama and perhaps a ride for kids too scared to go on Dinosaur. It will be a classic dark ride called "Chester and Hester's Dino-Venture." It will probably be located at the north side of Dino-Rama near where that giant yellow Brontasaurus is. The premise is that you're going on a lame dark ride created be chester and hester themselves. You board dinosaur looking cars and travel into the attraction. You go down a dark tunnel where you hear the recorded cheesy deep voice says "And now ladies and gentlemen, prepare to travel into the most realistic dinosaur encounter on earth! The viecles enter the black-lit show building. There are lame back drops and poorly done dino animatrnics that have little movment, and emit straining machinery noises from within. Exposed wires and hydrolics are seen. A few cardboard cut-out dinos fall fall forward. A dumb sound track is playing in the backround. Then around the corner is a giant orange fake looking dinosaur that emits a roar, then boom! Its head explodes off with smoke and spark effects. Springs, and wires pop out of the place where the head used to be. A realistic looking workman with his hair standing on end under his helmet holding two broken wires peeks his head out of the reamains of the T-Rex.

Workman: Woah, must've been the wrong switch. Umm, folks there may be a few technical difficulties, but we're fixing it!

The ride continues through more dumb dino scenes, but a few more comical AA workmen a scrambling around to fix a few malfunctioning dinos. Some are desperately trying to hold up one that's about to fall over. There are more comical scenes with these workmen trying to work things out as the show litterly starts falling apart all around you. Some are dangling from ropes, pushing back up props, ect. Then an AA dino looks like its about to fall on you! The viecles makes it just in time as a large BOOM is heard behind you. And the final scene is with a workmen with stars flying around his head next to the "See ya real soon!" sign behind it.

Workman: Have a... good day. *faints*

Let's just hope that no one would take it seriously :lol:

jjgoo

I'd like to see something themes toward the " kingdom" idea. Something cool with dragons, the lochness monster, stuff like that.

Someone call the imagineers and tell them to get on that. :)

Mr Smee

"Journey to the center of the Earth" its been talked about,they already have it in Tokyo. If Nemo can come to DinoLand then it would fit in Camp Mickey.

Crazy Harry

This is a fantastic idea, but let's one up it. For the ride part, it can loosly be based on eight below and be a dog sled ride with northern lights, giant seals (AA of course), penguins, cracking glaciers ect. You could even have the queue go through that control center. I think any live animals though could be a separate walk through attraction.

But I definetly agree AK needs more dark rides. I always thought they should retheme that mickey town thing to Ak's own fantasyland of sorts with of course fotlk, but also a jungle book dark ride and something else. I'd also like a sea themed land with atleast a darkride about mythical creatures of the sea complete with mermaids and krakens, and a life like sea voyage using 20k from TDS technology amongst other things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom